It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Person Killed At Walmart By Trigger Happy Individual For Stealing Diapers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

In your completely unbiased opinion, of course.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Were you. Just as you are accusing someone of not knowing the intentions by not being there , you are assuming them.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Surely it would be Walmart security who should have been challanging the suspected thief. Seems to me someone took it upon themselves to be judge jury and executioner. RIP the kid.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Woah. No matter what he took, the person shouldn't have paid with their life. Imagine being desperate enough to steal diapers...

I'm all for second amendment rights, but why interfere to the point that you are following someone out to their car over diapers.

Leave the cops to deal with shoplifters, save your vigilante justice for actual situations that would call for it. Yikes.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There should be laws against people pretending to be police. Only when someone is directly in harms way should a civilian pull a gun.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I think we should wait for all the facts to come in. Calling someone trigger happy and accusing him of being wrong is a reach at this point.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
We all know shooting people is against the law and that usually people who do these things are not thinking about their job resumes and very well might wind up in prison not to mention the loss of a life which is too real of a thing to occur over this kind of a thing. We also know that people consider themselves "extreeeeeme" in various ways, are out of touch with their environment, and will have to pay the cost for their own issues. Tragedy is in no one's best interest, and this is a relatively minor thing for such an amount of rage.

We also know if we are wise, that every time someone selfishly goes off, we all have to pay the cost which is not that great, considering we all have bills to pay and lives to take care of. Yep my friends it's another one of these stories

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The thing that bothers me here is this,

In Florida, people who have a conceal and carry permit, know that,

YOU ONLY SHOOT TO KILL, ANY OTHER ACT COULD BE CRIMINAL.

You also, ONLY SHOOT IF YOU VIEW YOUR LIFE IN DANGER.

IMO, he went out of his way, to do the job of a cop, of which was not trained for, nor was anyone life in danger.

This guy could of shot that shooter and his lawyer would still be able to claim self defense, because the guy approach the man who stole, the man who stole didn't approach the shooter until confronted.

Kinda why, you're not supposed to take the law into your own hands, especially when it's not involving you,

that's vigilante justice and isn't acceptable.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

This is also true. It could have been self defense or...could have been just a few criminals in a crime ridden area. We never know until we know..

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
originally posted by: pale5218

Three accomplices ?
They were in a stolen car that was from a carjacking ?

Caring for a child, REALLY. Maybe stealing to sell.

Tide detergent, baby diapers, razors are all popular items to shoplift and sell on black market for nearly the same price as retail.

Wonder what a day's worth of meth goes for in the area.

Wonder if a weapon was used when the vehicle was carjacked last month.

I could see maybe selling electronics or something valuable to a pawn place for drug money. But, detergent, diapers and razors? What kinda black market is that? Isn't the purpose of black market to buy/sell things that are illegal?

Granted since this guy had three accomplices and a stolen car the diapers were probably not for a baby. But wtf? Diapers for resale?

Who wouldn't just buy those normal house hold items at the store?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov

originally posted by: EightAhoy
originally posted by: pale5218

Three accomplices ?
They were in a stolen car that was from a carjacking ?

Caring for a child, REALLY. Maybe stealing to sell.

Tide detergent, baby diapers, razors are all popular items to shoplift and sell on black market for nearly the same price as retail.

Wonder what a day's worth of meth goes for in the area.

Wonder if a weapon was used when the vehicle was carjacked last month.

I could see maybe selling electronics or something valuable to a pawn place for drug money. But, detergent, diapers and razors? What kinda black market is that?

A really weird black market..

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
In certain circumstances, yes, shoot if you must.

This wasn't that. Unless other evidence surfaces, this dude was stupidly wrong, and should suffer the consequences of his actions.

At the very least, negligent homicide.

What an idiot. I have a CC permit, and have added training on top of it. But it in no way entitles me to act as a cop in that situation. Others? Perhaps, but probably not. It is why, after all, we pay our taxes...so we don't have to deal with it.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Not really.

You'd probably be surprised what is sold on the black market. Anything, and everything. I've seen weird ass stuff sold out of the back of vans and trucks...

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I feel bad for the dead man's family.

I don't know what the situation was, so maybe the shooter had the right to feel threatened. Or maybe it was a bad shoot. But I won't cheer the death of anyone.

However, let's not exagerate as the op that this man was just trying to help is children.

The Last line in the article says the car he was in was carjacked. That is worse than stolen, that means they forcibly stole the car from someone with violence.

Was that for his children too?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I know, anything that makes money will.

My sense of humor gets in the way. I try to stop it, but :x

edit on 5-2-2017 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov

I could see maybe selling electronics or something valuable to a pawn place for drug money. But, detergent, diapers and razors? What kinda black market is that? Isn't the purpose of black market to buy/sell things that are illegal?

Black market to me means selling ill gotten gains, underground.

If you could save a trip to the store and buy a 150 oz. Tide for $15 instead of a trip to the store and $18, would you take the deal? Same with diapers. Razors are easily concealed, and who thinks someone walking out of the store with a jug of Tide or large container of diapers would be so bold as to do so without paying for the items? Baby formula is another hot item on the black, errr underground market.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

I've that problem, too.

Some of the stuff I've seen though, it is mind blowing... It can be like walking into a Wal-mart. From entire kitchen cabinet sets, to jigsaw puzzles for kids, and everything in between.

Amazing.

Not that I, of course, would ever buy anything on the black market. Perish the thought.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Nm
edit on 5-2-2017 by breakingbs because: I think I'm going to leave this one blank....

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
And now the rest of the story.

A gang of four thieves were being detained by Walmart security personal when they violently resisted.

A Good Samaritan who stepped in to help noticed the violent criminal reaching for a weapon and fired in self defense.

The violent thieves in their stolen carjacked vehicle recklessly crashed into another car during their get away.

No babies involved.

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla.
A Walmart customer shot and killed a man who was allegedly stealing diapers with three other people, deputies said.

The shooting happened about 8 a.m. Saturday at Walmart.

Deputies said that four men were walking out of the store with diapers and began loading them into an SUV when they were approached by a Walmart loss prevention employee.

Capt. Angelo Nieves, of the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, said an incident started near the vehicle and a witness in the parking lot stepped in to help the employee.

“They were fleeing from the store when they were confronted by store personnel,” Nieves said. “Some type of commotion occurred at the vehicle as it was being loaded with the stolen merchandise.”

The witness told deputies it appeared that one of the suspects went to grab something, and the witness, who has not been identified, felt threatened.

The witness was armed and opened fire, hitting one of the suspects multiple times, deputies said. He later died.

“The individual felt threatened. One of the suspects reached for something, (the witness) thought it was a weapon or a firearm,” Nieves said.

Nieves said the four suspects got into the maroon Nissan Rogue and fled the scene. The Nissan was reported stolen during a carjacking on Jan. 13, deputies said.

Deputies said the driver hit two vehicles in the parking lot, causing one of the cars to spin.

www.ajc.com...

edit on 5-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

That does put a slightly differing twist to it...

I'm still of the opinion he'd have been better off leaving it in the holster. The store employee should have backed off when he realized there were multiple guys. Camera's all over the place had all the information necessary for a later arrest.

When I worked retail, we did not confront multiple thieves, ever. Let 'em go, it's why we have cameras. Let the cops handle the gig.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join