It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US reverses travel ban over court ruling as Trump fumes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
US reverses travel ban over court ruling as Trump fumes

The state department said it was reversing the cancellation of visas, 60,000 of which were revoked after President Donald Trump's order.

Judge James Robart ruled there were legal grounds to challenge the ban.

Mr Trump reacted furiously, calling Mr Robart's ruling "ridiculous" and vowing to restore his ban.

People affected by the ban treated news of the suspension warily as airlines began allowing them to board flights to America on Saturday.

The state department has started reversing visa cancellations and airlines have begun allowing previously banned travelers to board.

The Trump administration has promised to restore the ban as soon as possible.

In response to the ruling, Trump tweeted:

"The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!"

edit on 2/4/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

(post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss removed for political trolling and baiting)
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
GOOD!!!!!

These were legal entries that had the door slammed in their face by "ham handed-trigger finger" Trump.

That's not government. That's the behavior of a slum lord, corporate raider.

(post by dukeofjive696969 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If there is a terror attack on US soil from one of these refugees within the next few months, it's on that judge.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If there is a terror attack on US soil from one of these refugees within the next few months, it's on that judge.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have absolutely no clue how the US legal system works and I kinda get the impression no one else does either.

Nothing to do with American politics or legalities is ever black and white, its just a sea of shades of grey that gets lighter or darker depending on who you ask.

I hope all Americans realise that everytime any of you challenge Trump all you do is embolden the rest of the world to do the same, its not Trump who is making America a laughing stock, its all those who break laws and have hissy fits opposing him that weakens your position and makes the whole country a source of derision.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
. . . its not Trump who is making America a laughing stock, . . .

Yes.

It's Trump.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

No transcript yet, just this

www.uscourts.gov...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Wow, going against the establishments ability to make money and he is still alive. I would consider that an accomplishment. I can't wait to see what they pull when he really starts looking into the H1B visa scam.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Trump acted within the scope of his authority.

For those that actually read the EO and the stautes cited.

That judge, and the rest should be fired.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
All we have to do is look at those that cried the loudest over this to see the true reason behind this ban. Certain large corporate entities come to mind and we all know they are nothing but benevolent. /sarc

But it will be spun that he is racists or anti something instead of doing some good for the American citizens. Maybe they will even try to tie this into discriminating again human rights. One thing is for certain, the man delivers entertainment and THERE IS ANOTHER 3.95 YEARS REMAINING. MAYBE EVEN ANOTHER 4 AFTER THAT.

Good times.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Turns out the restraining order is only partial to specific sections.

WA-Order

original EO:
EXECUTIVE ORDER: PROTECTING THE NATION FROM FOREIGN TERRORIST ENTRY INTO THE UNITED STATES

Sections 3c, 5a, 5b, 5c, 5e are restrained.

The rest is in place.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Spot the Western civilization with self control.

Hint: It's not America.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq., and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and to protect the American people from terrorist attacks by foreign nationals admitted to the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Moronic judges. Political hacktavists seem to think they have more power than the Potus with the LAW on his side.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The situation in the Middle_east (or the situation with extremist Islam better said) is more complicated than just "the behavior of a slum lord, corporate raider."

For the people who haven't been living under a rock the past several years, it's become painstakinly obvious the situation in the Middle East is as manufactured as can be. The US funded (perhaps even founded) extremist groups, they've been exposed falsifying evidence (WMD's) and going to war based upon that evidence. Trump has been saying just that.

Now, U can assume there's no foul play here, there's no larger agenda at play (invasion of immigrants to push social war), but that's not what we conspiracy theorists do. We try to connect the dots where the establishment says there is no connection. Be it 9/11, Big Oil, Global Warming, ... Each of these theories rely heavily on not taking what the establishment says for granted.

As far as I know, "untill further notice" was part of the clause, and I find no reason not to agree with Trump. The situation is not as as simple as "these are refugees from war", this is a war the US created, for reasons we still dont know, and Trump doesn't trust any of it, neither do I.

Burying your head in the sand has never been the path to a safer future.

edit on 4-2-2017 by Vechthaan because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2017 by Vechthaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
Wow, going against the establishments ability to make money and he is still alive. I would consider that an accomplishment. I can't wait to see what they pull when he really starts looking into the H1B visa scam.

LOL yes gots to have that tax free imported labor travel and lodging paid for by the american tax payer! So! The american employment/travel agency is open again!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

. . . its not Trump who is making America a laughing stock, . . .

Yes.

It's Trump.

No

Its idiots who smash coffee shop windows and cant function due to "Trump" being written on the sidewalk that most of us shake our heads at.

My pro Trump stance was in the minority not long ago but the tide has changed and now just about everyone I know thinks we need our own Aussie version of Trump.

You keep believing the MSM though, the world hates Trump and every other nation and its citizens now consider America irrelevant as your all racist rednecks.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I hope all Americans realise that everytime any of you challenge Trump all you do is embolden the rest of the world to do the same, its not Trump who is making America a laughing stock, its all those who break laws and have hissy fits opposing him that weakens your position and makes the whole country a source of derision.

I couldn't agree more. People who don't respect a democratically elected president of their own country, don't deserve any respect and are a laughing stock.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

I couldn't agree more. People who don't respect a democratically elected president of their own country, don't deserve any respect and are a laughing stock.

I was just about to post the pretty much the same thing.
I feel that this ruling has made the 'President of America' look painfully weak in front of the rest of the world.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join