It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to dismantle Dodd-Frank Wall Street rules through executive orders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I haven't seen you refer to anything in the EO that allows for more competition. I'm sure you've already read it 100 times over. So tell us, what in the EO will help small banks and businesses out since you have read it whereas I have not?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

Why would Wall Street be begging for less regulations when it will only hurt them by allowing more competition?

Wall Street heavily backed Clinton over Trump. While Clinton is no Bernie Sanders, she is much more of a regulation Hawk than Trump. In fact Clinton had Barney Frank as one of her advisors! Wall Street backed Clinton because they knew she was pro-big government, and big government and big business get along like peanut butter and jelly. One hand greases the other.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The part that concerns me the most is the potential for the Volcker Rule being trashed.

After Glass-Steagall was repealed, banks could use any funds they could get their hands on, including general deposits, to throw at any investment scheme they wanted. That gave way to derivatives and eventually the 2008 fiasco. The Volcker rule put some reigns on that, but not as much as Glass-Steagall.

This is not good at all for the average investor. The doors open for the banks to make incredibly risky moves with people's money and could not only create another bubble which will eventually have to pop, but could also lead to another fleecing of the average Joe's investment value.

Edit:

Let's also not forget the potential of another expensive bailout, paid for by the American people.
edit on 3-2-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Wall Street also skyrocketed after Trump was elected, maybe because he is one of them and they know what he will do for them.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Unreal, because Trump attacked Clinton for her Wall Street ties yet here he is, in bed with them. His primary financial backers after he won the nomination were in fact Wall Street Billionaire Hedge Fund guys, like Robert Mercer. And now, he's doing their bidding and I expect this won't end well if History has taught us anything.

He actually said this:

We expect to be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank because, frankly, I have so many people, friends of mine, who have nice businesses who can’t borrow money. They just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let them borrow, because of the rules and regulations in Dodd-Frank"

SMH

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
So Trump supporters just got conned again.

Mexico won't pay for the wall, now Trump has rolled back regulations and has handed over the country back to wall street...and the people that will be the most affected by the next recession will be people that voted for Trump.

I'd like a Trump supporter to explain to me how repealing wall-street regulations will help the struggling middle class in the rust belt.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Wall Street also skyrocketed after Trump was elected, maybe because he is one of them and they know what he will do for them.

If they knew he was one of them and would help them, why did they back Hillary? Trump has promised to cut taxes, that's what has given businesses a boost in confidence. We have about the highest business tax rate in the world, lowering the rate is something all businesses want, big and small alike.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

If they knew he was one of them and would help them, why did they back Hillary? Trump has promised to cut taxes, that's what has given businesses a boost in confidence. We have about the highest business tax rate in the world, lowering the rate is something all businesses want, big and small alike.

Lol

How will repealing dodd-frank help the middle class in the rust belt states?

Wait..

I know

Trickle down right?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MakeAmericaSaneAgain

Lol

Wait..

I know

Trickle down right?

It's really hard for people to get loans right now. How do you expect people to open businesses, to buy homes etc. if they can't get a bank loan?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

If his friends already have "nice businesses", they are either operating with enough capital to cover labor, materials, overhead, etc and still profit, or they have a revolving credit arrangement with a bank.

Otherwise, they are not so "nice" and are not making money.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Lol

Wait..

I know

Trickle down right?

It's really hard for people to get loans right now. How do you expect people to open businesses, to buy homes etc. if they can't get a bank loan?

You know that loans were a big factor that contributed to the recession of 2008 right?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Lol

Wait..

I know

Trickle down right?

It's actually quite easy to get a loan.

What can be tough is getting a loan with reasonable terms.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Let me clarified something, US economy has been in the hands of wall Street since Walls street was invited by FDR to run the Business Advisory and Planning Council in 1932, later to be known as the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Stock Market Board.

Sorry to burst the bubble but the corrupted link of government, wall street and Golman Sach can not be broken.

So people can complain anything they want but that is how things are done in the US, regardless of who is the sitting president.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I haven't seen you refer to anything in the EO that allows for more competition. I'm sure you've already read it 100 times over. So tell us, what in the EO will help small banks and businesses out since you have read it whereas I have not?

That's because I never made any claims.

? Still can't answer for your claims ?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Hillary was controlled opposition to help Trump win. Hillary was so obviously corrupt and all these stories were ran on her emails and other stuff to build opposition against her and thus support for Trump.

The media played their role as well by being the controlled opposition of Trump throughout the elections in order to make him appear like an outsider despite his decades of being in the spotlight and doing interviews with those very same media outlets. They took advantage of people's distrust of the media by making Trump seem as though he is against them.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Interest rates are going to skyrocket and the dollar won't be worth jack. Trumps super rich buddies are doing a happy dance.

Trickle down all over again. Trump is pissing on your leg and telling you it's raining.

The swamp wasn't drained and the middle class is going to drown in it. Just look at Trumps cabinet.

Im curious as to who the Right wing conservatives will scapegoat to place the blame on anyone but Trump. Your retirement just evaporated and you can't even see it. If you have the ability to get out; you might consider it. I am....
edit on 3-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Trump owes debts to Wall Street, every successful corporate business owner works for their investors and tries to make as much profit as possible for Wall Street and the stock market. Crazy that the stock market went up after Trump was elected, the investors won and Trump is trying to hand them another win through deregulation.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Wall Street doesn't work that way. Bankers don't set stock prices; investors do. If the stock market rose, it means investors are expecting those businesses to prosper. Bank stocks can rise because investors think the banks will profit, or other stocks can rise because investors think they will prosper. Banks make money when the economy is slow... interest rates are high, and they can pick and choose who gets the loans better and still profit. Manufacturing and service industries make money (and provide jobs) when the economy is strong and interest rates are low. Banks still profit, but they have to make more loans to offset the low interest rate.

Which stocks rose? Which ones fell? Which ones are stable?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Trump to dismantle Dodd-Frank Wall Street rules through executive orders

Remove anything resembling ethics.
Remove all restrictions protecting the 'people' from the rapacious depredations of the greedy and selfish Trumps of the world!
He's so obvious, and there are still the blind fools who make excuses for it.
Poor blind fools, no less!

He's also talking of making it so it is legal for churches to engage politically (as if they haven't been!)!
And walling out the poor so that only his wealthy cohorts can immigrate...

The puzzle becomes rather clear when only 4 or 5 pieces are on the table at the same time!
Unless you are blind, or an insane believer!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
And it begins. It's about to get ugly unless this is just another feint with a EO.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join