It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to dismantle Dodd-Frank Wall Street rules through executive orders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
No, he didn't say that.... he did?

“We expect to be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank because, frankly, I have so many people, friends of mine, who have nice businesses who can’t borrow money. They just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let them borrow, because of the rules and regulations in Dodd-Frank,” Trump said at a Friday morning meeting with CEOs from a number of companies.

source

"friends of mine".... you did this for your friends???

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You can pretty much call this EO a "letter of intent".

And I'm willing to bet my right arm that the intent is to get rid of the Volcker Rule... which is pretty much the last bastion of hope in a desperate attempt to try to keep Wall Street on a leash.

Bye bye Volcker Rule, hello predatory lending and an even bigger derivatives market bubble.

Come on everybody, let's sing it together !

"Who let the dogs out ?"

"Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump !"

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The 2008 crash worked out very well for the banks in the end. They got trillions of taxpayer dollars, all around the world. Every advanced nation on this planet handed them stacks and stacks of money.

Meanwhile all of us, the poor, the taxpayers, will be paying for it the rest of our lives.

It was the biggest heist in history.

And now Trump is setting us up for the second round, the bankers want another bite of the cherry, and 45 will hand it to them on a plate.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

They got trillions of taxpayer dollars, all around the world. Every advanced nation on this planet handed them stacks and stacks of money.

By your definition an "advanced nation" is one that did not raise their own national debt levels during the round robbin style global economic stimulus?

Unlike WW2 there was no massive inflation on a global scale so the debt paper these "advanced nations" hold has largely not been devalued. Most of the debt in Japan for example is held by their own Japanese government.

I think you may be over reacting to the media portrayal of events such as the Greek bailout.

edit on 4-2-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join