It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Backs Away From Promised Voter Fraud Investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
White House Backs Away From Promised Voter Fraud Investigation

Whelp, that's the end of that nonsense.

The White House is backing away from President Donald Trump’s promise to launch an investigation into the voter fraud claims he made up.

One senior administration official told CNN that while such an investigation could happen in the future, it was no longer a priority. This explains why the executive order on the probe that White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Trump would sign last month was never released.

Looks like the public wasn't buying Trump's nonsense and he had to back down. As you can see this is already on it's way to quietly being pushed back until everyone forgets it status, where it will be dead in the water.

Despite Trump’s repeated efforts to cast doubt on the validity of the election, Americans aren’t convinced. A Politico/Morning Consult poll released earlier this week found that only 1 in 4 respondents believed his claims.

Reality 1
Trump 0

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So if he went through with it, you would have had a problem with it, and since he isn't going through with it, ....you have a problem with it.

What a sad way to live.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

You lost me at "one senior administration official told CNN"...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Who counts the votes decides the election. If Democrats control a state's legislator the state goes Democrat. If Republicans control the state's legislator the state goes Republican.

What I find stunning and amazing is since 2000 the election results rarely match the pre-election polls. Prior to 2000 the polls were extremely accurate. We live in strange times.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Last month was a couple of days ago, The President has been in office less than 3 weeks, as far as priority?

I agree that this would be lower on the totem pole than getting tax reform, healthcare reform, slashing regulations etc etc rolling...

Plenty of time for the FEC to look at ways to curb illegal voting, reviewing the use of electronic voting machines, and coming up with a better system to ensure that once we pass on from this world, we are still not casting votes from the grave...

Patience

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

No. What people "had a problem with" is that the allegations from President Trump weren't based on any actual evidence of voter fraud in the 2016 election. They were based on a single disputed analysis from 2014 based on a very small sample of likely inaccurate survery results — an analysis whose principal author has publicly refuted Trump & friends repeated assertions — and a Pew study whose conclusions have been entirely misrepresented.

The whole debacle wasn't about any legitimate concern over the integrity of US elections but rather Trump's wounded ego stemming from his popular vote loss.

The fact that he's backing off it now suggests that despite all the rhetoric from Trump and his staff, when push came to shove, they knew it was all bull.

The question then is are you upset by Trump's petty, self-serving deception or do you still believe that there were millions of illegal votes and if that's the case, are you outraged that the US President is not addressing massive voter fraud?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
If there was a shred of truth in major democratic party voter fraud, then the White House would be going after this as their single biggest policy. Because it would offer the opportunity to destroy the Democratic party for a generation.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Problem? No. I don't have a problem with Trump not wasting tax money on this frivolous investigation. Just happy that Trump finally got a dose of reality.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Regardless if true or not you have to agree this is so insignificant in the grand scheme of things.. we already know without a doubt illegals voted but maybe the process of finding out who and how is too difficult. It's good that it isn't their main priority making room for more important matters.

You're making it out like this is some big loss.. other than a hit to his ego where is the real loss? Plus they said they might investigate in the future..

And if you're actually keeping score, watching the same game as I am, Trump is and has been ahead by a landslide..

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

No. What people "had a problem with" is that the allegations from President Trump weren't based on any actual evidence of voter fraud in the 2016 election. They were based on a single disputed analysis from 2014 based on a very small sample of likely inaccurate survery results — an analysis whose principal author has publicly refuted Trump & friends repeated assertions — and a Pew study whose conclusions have been entirely misrepresented.

The whole debacle wasn't about any legitimate concern over the integrity of US elections but rather Trump's wounded ego stemming from his popular vote loss.

The fact that he's backing off it now suggests that despite all the rhetoric from Trump and his staff, when push came to shove, they knew it was all bull.

The question then is are you upset by Trump's petty, self-serving deception or do you still believe that there were millions of illegal votes and if that's the case, are you outraged that the US President is not addressing massive voter fraud?

Trump says lots of stupid things and worries about stupid things, so you can sleep well knowing most know that.

But, are you saying California does not offer drivers licenses to illegals, and none of them voted? Becasue that was reported and then it was said that some of them were able to obtain voter registration.

Judge Andrew Napolitano says that “if you are an illegal alien in California, get a driver’s license, register to vote, you can vote in local, state, and federal elections in California and those votes count.” Read more: dailycaller.com...

Please explain this in such a way that shows Illegals aren't voting.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Maybe he called it off because someone nudged him and told him it was his side that perpetrated the fraud.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn
He's getting rid of all those troublesome regulations. Like the one that requires investment advisors to work in the best interest of the investor rather than steer them into investments that are dogs but more lucrative for the advisor.

Oh, and the one that prevents the banks from doing risky stuff that can put us into another 2007-style economic nosedive.

And the one that prevents coal companies from dumping toxic sludge into rivers.

Oh and the Russian sanctions.. . but we all knew that quid pro quo was going to play-out like this now didn't we?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Regardless if true or not you have to agree this is so insignificant in the grand scheme of things.. we already know without a doubt illegals voted but maybe the process of finding out who and how is too difficult. It's good that it isn't their main priority making room for more important matters.

No you think very loudly that is true, but most Americans don't believe that. Or at least that they vote in any widespread numbers.

You're making it out like this is some big loss.. other than a hit to his ego where is the real loss? Plus they said they might investigate in the future..

And if you're actually keeping score, watching the same game as I am, Trump is and has been ahead by a landslide..

Ego hits are what Trump needs. It's too large and he isn't everything.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

or... the longer he delays an investigation that will turn up no fraud, the more he can claim that it exists...
virginia has already come up with what I would call a voter id law. funny thing is, by what I've read, I am not sure if I my driver's license would be accepted under it, and believe me, it was a pain to figure out what you needed to get that in this state. so, if it passes, I might have to did out all my docs, which I have a habit of keeping in a nice safe place and very seldom carry around with me....

but, even it they pass it, I would be willing to be that my husband is still on the registered voters list and the republicans will still be accusing him of somehow raising from the dead just to vote... which really irks the crap out of me because he didn't swing by to say hi to me!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

How sad is it you guys can only attack his ego and character and nothing else?

Why don't you tell me how has he effected you or anyone you know negatively other than emotionally?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

My first suggestion to you would be to take what Napolitano says with as much skepticism as you would something I post.

But, are you saying California does not offer drivers licenses to illegals, and none of them voted? Becasue that was reported and then it was said that some of them were able to obtain voter registration.

Where was it reported that some of them were able to register to vote? Yes, hundreds of thousands of illegals did get driver's licenses in California. That is true. It is also true that a law was passed in California (New Motor Voter Act) that allows eligible persons to register to vote when obtaining or renewing a driver's license.

LA Times - Here's how California's new voter registration law will work

Resolving the procedural questions will take some time, Padilla acknowledged. “It won’t be in time for the June primary of 2016,” he said. “At the latest, for the 2018 election cycle, I expect millions of new voters on the rolls in the state of California."

Is this really “automatic” voter registration?

Not quite. No one who is eligible will be registered to vote without their knowledge. Proponents of the New Motor Voter Act have emphasized how the electronic transmittal of information will simplify the process. Lori Shellenberger, voting rights director for the ACLU of California, called the law “a gold standard for what is an automated voter registration, but not automatic.”

What about people in the country illegally who are able to obtain driver's licenses in California under a law passed in 2013?

Padilla noted that there is already a separate process for residents in the country illegally to apply for special licenses. Although citizens are currently offered the opportunity to register to vote at the DMV under an earlier federal law, noncitizens are not. That will continue under the new registration process. People applying for the special licenses will not be asked about their eligibility to vote and will not be asked if they’d like to opt out of registration. “We’ve built the protocols and the firewalls to not register people that aren’t eligible,” Padilla said. “We’re going to keep those firewalls in place."

Politifact - Pants On Fire for Trump's claim about 'serious voter fraud' in California

Trump’s unsupported claim about voter fraud in California may also draw on misinformation about two recent state laws: AB 60, which allows undocumented immigrants to obtain state driver’s licenses; and the New Motor Voter Act, which by mid-2017 will automatically register citizens to vote when they obtain or renew a driver’s license.

The automatic registration only applies to citizens who are already eligible to vote, not to undocumented immigrants. Padilla, California’s secretary of state, has said the new system would require potential voters to show identification such as a birth certificate or passport to reflect their citizenship before they are registered.

The new voter registration process isn't even in effect yet and you're claiming that people have exploited it. Furthermore, dishonest Napolitano was misleading regarding the new process under the New Motor Voter Act — to register to vote, people will still have to show proof of citizenship.

The question then is are you a) upset that you were lied to by Napolitano AND Trump and b) are you going to keep trying to tow this line when it's an obvious fail?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Why don't you tell me how has he effected you or anyone you know negatively other than emotionally?

"How sad is it that you guys" are giving him credit for things he hasn't done and excusing his ridiculous character, undignified behavior, unhinged rhetoric and flat out lies and deception? Don't get me wrong, I get the argument that results speak louder than words but so far the "results" are basically all words except killing the TPP which Sanders all along and later Clinton had promised to do.

My point here is that your standards for praise vs criticism are absurdly skewed.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

My co-worker is a Chinese guy who has been trying to get a green card for the last decade or so and now is speaking to an immigration lawyer because he isn't sure that this is a viable strategy anymore. I think he is talking about getting Canadian citizenship then coming back down here.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
But what now about those 9-10 million illegals ? Will Trump supporters forgive and forget now that the great leader has dropped the investigation ? What about the future ? ZOOOOOMMMMGGGGG

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

One senior administration official told CNN

And here we go again , CNN afraid to put names to a source . Who is their source ? Where do they get them, ? My guess , the restroom in the step and fetch it on the corner.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join