It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Backs Away From Promised Voter Fraud Investigation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

When are you people going to quit believing the fake news? Until it is repeated by a named source from the current administration, chances are it's fake.

Oh boy...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Speaking for myself, I'm mocking him for backing off the investigation just like I'm mocking him for changing his mind on releasing his taxes. He's crooked and he plays up the xenophobic fears his base clings to and he's become such a cult figure that when he's forced to back down because the truth will out the base just mumbles "okay" then moves into defense positions.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: D8Tee

When are you people going to quit believing the fake news? Until it is repeated by a named source from the current administration, chances are it's fake.

Oh boy...

It's the truth, these so called 'leaks' are being discredited one after the other.
Believe what you want.
I think the leaks are for all intents and purposes nothing but blatant lies to discredit the current administration.
Until someone has the balls to put a name with a source, they aren't credible.
You can't fact check unnamed sources can you?
edit on 3-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Grambler

Except for that "waste of tax money" thing that you want to ignore. I don't need or desire to waste tax money on an investigation I'm already sure of the answer.

I love the fact that so many on the left are now interested in wasting tax money.

Where were you when Obama was spending 10 trillion, including half a billion on a failed comapany like Solyndra, or giving billions to Iran?

I'd rather our government spend money on green energy to bridge our society into the coming technological future instead of wasting it on a partisan attack investigation. Also, that money we gave Iran wasn't tax money. It was Iran's money.

Sure, and how did that Solyndra plan work out? Oh thats right, $500 million wasted for absolutely no results.

But I bet just like you KNOW that voter fraud is a non issue, you probably also KNEW that the $500 million to green energy was well spent.

As far as that money being Irans, that is garbage. Obama gave it as a ransom, and now Iran is breaking the agreement by launching weapons. So he funded our enemy.

And if that money was Irans, when will the government give me and all of the other tax payers our money back that went to things like welfare for illegals?

You don't seem to be too interested in us getting our money back.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I like how you said full artistic freedom..

"Full artistic freedom to paint any narrative on to the canvas"

Im gonna have to put that into my back pocket for later use

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Speaking for myself, I'm mocking him for backing off the investigation just like I'm mocking him for changing his mind on releasing his taxes. He's crooked and he plays up the xenophobic fears his base clings to and he's become such a cult figure that when he's forced to back down because the truth will out the base just mumbles "okay" then moves into defense positions.

So CNN says they are backing off and you start mocking?
You gotta start digging deeper, but you won't.
Low energy results in low information.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: everyone

I like how you said full artistic freedom..

"Full artistic freedom to paint any narrative on to the canvas"

Im gonna have to put that into my back pocket for later use

Feel free to use it anywhere you want, you are welcome to it

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: network dude

No. What people "had a problem with" is that the allegations from President Trump weren't based on any actual evidence of voter fraud in the 2016 election. They were based on a single disputed analysis from 2014 based on a very small sample of likely inaccurate survery results — an analysis whose principal author has publicly refuted Trump & friends repeated assertions — and a Pew study whose conclusions have been entirely misrepresented.

The whole debacle wasn't about any legitimate concern over the integrity of US elections but rather Trump's wounded ego stemming from his popular vote loss.

The fact that he's backing off it now suggests that despite all the rhetoric from Trump and his staff, when push came to shove, they knew it was all bull.

The question then is are you upset by Trump's petty, self-serving deception or do you still believe that there were millions of illegal votes and if that's the case, are you outraged that the US President is not addressing massive voter fraud?

I realize Trump will say some stupid things, and likely do some stupid things, but since I am on the right, and not a lunatic, I choose to give this all a chance and see how the economy and the world react to a few months of Trump before I cast my dispersions in concrete. I do realize you and those who's noses reside in your ass will never be able to accept anything positive coming from a Trump administration.

But in looking for anything that points to ANY voter fraud by illegals, I am finding some things. And I don't know if you care who votes illegally, (likely not as most who would are dishonest and vote democrat) but I actually think voting should be done by US citizens who pay taxes and call the US their LEGAL home.

publicinterestlegal.org...

In that PDF, there are some researched claims made that in Virginia, over 1000 illegals voted in past elections, and again, this is Virginia, whereas California has a bigger overall population, and a bigger population (estimated) of illegal aliens. (or undocumented residents if your feelings can't take the 'illegal' terminology)

So I do welcome an investigation on the problems our system has in identifying voter fraud, and if it was republicans who were doing the fraud, I would have just as much drive to see it corrected. The only reason to be against finding voter fraud is you enjoy the benefits of it's outcome. (IMHO)

So in answer to your question of am I angry that I was lied to, it remains to be seen if that is the case. Unlike you, I prefer to see the fact come out before I make my decision. I do doubt the 3 million number, but if it was 10, it would be 10 too many, and should be corrected as to not allow it in the future.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

From your source.

Ultimately, the number of illegal votes doesn’t matter when the integrity of the process is at stake. Nobody should tolerate voter fraud, whether it comes in bunches as we describe here, happens occasionally, or decides the outcome of an election. Lawlessness in elections is a precursor for lawlessness across our government and culture. The response of law enforcement officials to both single instances of voter fraud and the hundreds of examples documented in this report should be the same: swift, sure and unwavering. No excuses should be made for the lawless who taint the electoral process.

I just don't see any reason to object to a review of the system.
edit on 3-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

If he released his taxes, what would that do for you?

I honestly would like to know the answer here. Surely it would show he made lots of money and paid little taxes comparatively, or he would fire his CPAs. If there was any illegal activity, it's logical that the IRS who is currently auditing his taxes, would catch said impropriety and either fine or arrest him. And based on the way the IRS has done business with regard to Conservatives, they would be happy to find wrong doing.

Sadly, I think the lower end of the gene pool has latched on to the tax thing as a way to justify the temper tantrums. When they are released (if he chooses to do so, remembering that he is not legally obligated to at all) it will be interesting to see if you can read and understand them enough to be really angry about it, or you will wait to be told how angry you should be.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
If there was a shred of truth in major democratic party voter fraud, then the White House would be going after this as their single biggest policy. Because it would offer the opportunity to destroy the Democratic party for a generation.

No it wouldn't. No one would care. My dad would vote D across the board next election as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
How about an update on this story!

Remember, CNN, the HUffington Post and many other Main stream outlets claimed that due to an unnamed official, they could report Trump is backing off his voter fraud investigation. Thats good journalism!

I mean, unless something crazy happens, like two days later Trump announces he is appointing Pence to head an investigation. But I am sure the mainstream is credible, so that would never happen!

Oh wait, whats that?

Thats exactly what Trump said in an interview today? Only two days after the MSM told us Trump was backing down from it?

www.zerohedge.com...

Well I am shocked I tell you!

Surely those on this thread gloating about how Trump gave up on this will be back to take back there comments.

They will be around any second I am sure....

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
How about an update on this story!

Remember, CNN, the HUffington Post and many other Main stream outlets claimed that due to an unnamed official, they could report Trump is backing off his voter fraud investigation. Thats good journalism!

I mean, unless something crazy happens, like two days later Trump announces he is appointing Pence to head an investigation. But I am sure the mainstream is credible, so that would never happen!

Oh wait, whats that?

Thats exactly what Trump said in an interview today? Only two days after the MSM told us Trump was backing down from it?

www.zerohedge.com...

Well I am shocked I tell you!

Surely those on this thread gloating about how Trump gave up on this will be back to take back there comments.

They will be around any second I am sure....

OMG! I would have never have guess't that!

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Sounds like a bunch of talk to me. Which branch of government is in charge of the budget again?
McConnell won’t use federal funds to investigate voter fraud claims

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Sunday he won’t spend federal funds to investigate voter fraud despite President Trump’s claim millions of illegal votes were cast in the presidential election.

“Election fraud does occur,” McConnell said on CNN’s “State of the Union,” adding that “there’s no evidence that occurred in such a significant number that it would have changed the presidential election.”

The Kentucky Republican said any examination of voter fraud would be better left up to the states.

“I don’t think we ought to spend any federal money investigating that. I think the states can take a look at this issue. Many of them have tried to tighten their voter rolls, tried to purge people who are dead,” he said.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Vice President Mike Pence himself will be leading the probe panel.

Trump says Pence will lead voter fraud panel.

First they blew Trump's tweet out of proportion, and then they took this "backing down" angle to cover their tracks. This is straight-up yellow journalism. Sadly it grasps for the lowest common denominator, and sometimes reaches it.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Sounds like a bunch of talk to me. Which branch of government is in charge of the budget again?
McConnell won’t use federal funds to investigate voter fraud claims

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Sunday he won’t spend federal funds to investigate voter fraud despite President Trump’s claim millions of illegal votes were cast in the presidential election.

“Election fraud does occur,” McConnell said on CNN’s “State of the Union,” adding that “there’s no evidence that occurred in such a significant number that it would have changed the presidential election.”

The Kentucky Republican said any examination of voter fraud would be better left up to the states.

“I don’t think we ought to spend any federal money investigating that. I think the states can take a look at this issue. Many of them have tried to tighten their voter rolls, tried to purge people who are dead,” he said.

But this article is irrelevant to the issue in the thread.

What all of the lefty MSM and many on this thread were mocking and cheering was that TRUMP HIMSELF was backing down from his claims of investigating voter fraud.

Remember the article in the OP that siad CNN had info from a super secret person inside the administration saying Trump was backing down.

Whoops! Another lie from the MSM. But I assume you and the other people that were on this thread will not admit that this was garbage.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Well it could have been true, but Trump may well have read that same CNN article and decided to double down in spite of them. He's childish like that. I'm just glad SOME people in our government are intelligent to know a lost cause when they see one.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well it could have been true, but Trump may well have read that same CNN article and decided to double down in spite of them. He's childish like that. I'm just glad SOME people in our government are intelligent to know a lost cause when they see one.

Ok spin it how you want. But can we at least agree to take the MSM claims of what trump is going to do with a grain of salt then.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Ok. I'll continue to not trust a single thing he says.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Ok. I'll continue to not trust a single thing he says.

Its not a bid idea. Politicians and media have lied to us for so long that we shouldn't trust things on facee value, and should demand proof.

But come on, you gotta admit that once more CNN and all of these other outlets that pushed this story got pie on their face again.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join