It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howdy From Small Town Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well...where to start?

I've enjoyed this website for many years. Here lately I'm a little disappointed in what it's become though. When I log onto ATS I look forward to learning something new, not reading mindless partisan garbage.

I voted for Trump (not that it should matter) and I don't really give two flying squirrel turds who any of y'all voted for or what you think of me for my choice. The only reason I bring it up is for the simple fact that I believe in total honesty.

That being said, I'm a very superstitious man. I believe "old wives tales" exist for a reason. They obviously knew something we don't.

Cryptic zoology captures my attention as well. I've personally witnessed a black panther in the state of Texas.

I'm an avid hunter and outdoorsman. Nothing on this earth can compare to being in the middle of nowhere with no cellphone reception.

Also, my house is currently inhabited by the previous owner who died of old age. He doesn't bother me or my wife much, but we don't tell our kids so as not to scare them. Mostly Mr. Brown knocks things off of shelves to get attention. On certain occasions he'll move small objects, but that's very rare.

I'm a Baptist. I believe Jesus died for my sins, and I'm eternally grateful. If you don't agree with that statement I really don't care. I can promise you that I won't look down upon you for a differing opinion, but I require the same respect.

That just about covers it. I look forward to learning about whatever may come my way.

Thank y'all for having me.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Howdy from Texas right back at you !
Great post, I think you will do just fine here

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hello and welcome! I want to hear more about the ghost.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasRiverRat

Turned a friend away from property in Texas. You can see the water/stream in certain areas. Take the good with the bad though.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Welcome! Your username makes me think of Concan. Love that place.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Welcome. You are no longer just a citizen of the great state of Texas, but have become a dual citizen of the worldwide nation of learners and questioners called ATS.

Part of the oath of this place is you have to share good ghost stories !

Watch out for mud slides.

VF

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Great intro! Have a wonderful stay.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'm near the coast. Lots of swampy thicket.
I've seen what you call a panther three times.
I'm pretty sure it's a variety of black puma.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Seriouslly . You # heads think this is the $multimilliiion border.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gription

I need your cover?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Howdy right back at ya from the top of the hill country of Texas

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
You must be near the Big Thicket. That place is pretty great. 4 species of venomous snakes, palmettoes on the floor and ghost lights everywhere. Sounds like a perfect, well covered home for a big ol black panther.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Welcome , welcome! DFW area here good to have another member from our great state

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Welcome from a slightly cantankerous old man from the UK. Just a heads up, don't take some answers you'll get too seriously as some on here like to screw with your mind. no body tells you what to read and what not to read YOU CHOOSE.
I like to keep away from heavy politics and religion, but sometimes you just HAVE to reply to some idiotic posts. Jump down the rabbit hole and enjoy yourself.
By the way have you had any alien encounters? That's a light hearted joke.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Welcome aboard!

Good choice to jump in and start interacting! It is much better than just reading. About the only downside is I do not spend time reading the whole site like I used to before joining. Ah well.

Enjoy your stay here with the rest of us in The Asylum!!

new topics

top topics

join