It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump - Eliminate 2 regulations for every new regulation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

My friends and I have joked for a long time the only laws they ought be passing right now should remove existing ones instead of creating new ones. Im totally caught off guard by this, but cant complain. Every day its like im hearing the best news of the decade.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
...why not examine the regulations and remove/revise the ones that aren't accomplishing what they should be accomplishing?

Because he only gets 8 years. I'm guessing he wants to see some changes made before humanity starts colonizing Pluto (which by then will be the last uninhabited planet in the solar system).

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is the tip of the iceberg. Donald Trump has pledged to cut existing regulations by 75% to bring back American manufacturing.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

...why not examine the regulations and remove/revise the ones that aren't accomplishing what they should be accomplishing?

Because he only gets 8 years. I'm guessing he wants to see some changes made before humanity starts colonizing Pluto (which by then will be the last uninhabited planet in the solar system).

Four years. He gets four years. He needs to win another election to get that second four. Don't pretend like they are guaranteed. The Constitution disagrees with you.

PS: Pluto isn't a planet.
edit on 30-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

This really doesn't make any sense at all. Are all regulations equal in impact and purpose? Do all federal agencies have unnecessary, ineffective/counterproductive or overly burdensome regulations and in the same proportions?

Rather than this ham-fisted approach that sounds like a stupid fad diet (eat only orange foods bro! you'll lose weight!) why not examine the regulations and remove/revise the ones that aren't accomplishing what they should be accomplishing?

I wish this was in the mud-pit so I could tell you how I really feel. When a regulation is cut that you disagree with we can battle it out.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Four years. He gets four years. He needs to win another election to get that second four. Don't pretend like they are guaranteed. The Constitution disagrees with you.

8 years. It is his... destiny.

And Pluto isn't a planet now. By that time in the future, it will have been re-re-classified as a planet. Possibly there will be a "Make Pluto Planetary Again" Act of some kind.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

And Pluto isn't a planet now. By that time in the future, it will have been re-re-classified as a planet. Possibly there will be a "Make Pluto Planetary Again" Act of some kind.

Thanks for the alternative facts.
edit on 30-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Typically a president gets 8 years unless he does a REALLY bad job in the first term. Heck, even GWB got 8 years and he did much better in his second election than in his first election.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Typically a president gets 8 years unless he does a REALLY bad job in the first term. Heck, even GWB got 8 years and he did much better in his second election than in his first election.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
By Status Quo standards this is radical.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Eliminate 2 regulations for ever new regulation. That essentially puts a freeze on new regulations because they can't afford to lose all the regulations with new regulations.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sasadude

There is no "typically" about it. You have to win a re-election to get that second 4 years. It is never guaranteed and pretending like Trump will get those extra 4 years is super biased.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

More than 99.9% of modern presidents get 8 years. By modern I mean since invention of internet.
edit on 30-1-2017 by sasadude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sasadude

More than 99.9% of modern presidents get 8 years. By modern I mean since invention of internet.

And every single one of them got it by winning re-election.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yes. They get 8 years by winning a re election.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Thanks for the alternative facts.

Technically I think they're predictions. Neither are incapable of becoming true.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This seems like a good thing. As someone who is very familiar with the depth, breadth, and insanity of Federal regulations, this is needed. At some point, an agency needs to audit what it produces otherwise the creep of authority goes unchecked, outside the bounds of their original charter.

Right now there are so many agencies who create their "Bibles" in a vacuum. We have so much contradictory regulation out there it is impossible to do many things if you want to follow the letter of the "law". We end up with more and more rules piled up on each other which serve little to no purpose.

For those who think this is a bad idea must be under the delusion every single line of Federal code was inked for their well being. The benevolent, trustworthy Lords in DC looking out for the noble populace. Without it, we will surely perish before the day is out.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
have any of you "geniuses" above even consider that there might be.....A REASON!!!!.....for those regulations?.....are any of you able to cite what regulation(s) he will get rid of?...or the details?.....and yet you say this is GREAT....the ignorance of this is stupifiying

Jimmy jimmy jimmy [shaking head], watch below, the SOURCE of Trumps comment - all the way back on Nov 22nd".......I bet you a trillion dollars you can't name them either, because none were named, it's a generic comment AIMED at those oxygen thieving politicians and lawyers who are obsessed with more rules and regulations.

Your pathetic butthurt is showing, again.....

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

This really doesn't make any sense at all. Are all regulations equal in impact and purpose? Do all federal agencies have unnecessary, ineffective/counterproductive or overly burdensome regulations and in the same proportions?

Rather than this ham-fisted approach that sounds like a stupid fad diet (eat only orange foods bro! you'll lose weight!) why not examine the regulations and remove/revise the ones that aren't accomplishing what they should be accomplishing?

Emphasis my own-
that's essentially exactly what this will force them to do.

Much like how we shouldn't be making NEW laws to solve a problem, we should enforce the existing ones...

this will make it so agencies have to re-evaluate their old rules to see what isn't accomplishing its goal before they can make new rules, leading the way to clearer, more simplistic regulations.

I can't wait to start seeing the lists of regulations that are dropped, and what they were dropped to make way for.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Regulations stifle American manufacturing, which is why American corporations are forced to outsource labor to foreign countries that don't have such regulations.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join