It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's Muslim ban excludes countries in which he has business ties

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

It's just so obviously racist. You have several middle eastern nations who have never had a problem in the US being banned and you have several middle eastern nations who have had problems in the US but aren't being banned.

What is the criteria for his picks? Why didn't he tell us why those nations and not the others? It's because this has nothing to do with American safety. Why not Canada? I'm sure there's been a Canadian or two who's started trouble here, why not ban them?

Separation of Church and State right?
First rule: Don't mess with the supply of maple syrup.
The Hill

The United States could prioritize the resettlement of Christian refugees over members of other religious groups, President Trump said on Friday.

“They’ve been horribly treated,” Trump said in an interview with Christian Broadcasting Network anchor David Brody. “Do you know if you were a Christian in Syria it was impossible, at least very tough, to get into the United States?”

“If you were a Muslim you could come in, but if you were a Christian, it was almost impossible and the reason that was so unfair, everybody was persecuted in all fairness, but they were chopping off the heads of everybody but more so the Christians. And I thought it was very, very unfair. So we are going to help them.”

When asked by Brody if he saw helping persecuted Christians abroad as a “priority,” Trump promptly replied, “yes.”

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia buys billions of dollars of military hardware from the US. Donald Trump would never blacklist Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Profusion

In the 40 years to 2015, not a single American was killed on US soil by citizens from any of the seven countries targeted - Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen - according to research by the conservative-leaning Cato Institute.

I was almost killed in Iran. While I lived ... two of my friends did not.
Almost 50 members of my unit were killed or injured by an Iraqi SCUD missile.
Black Hawk Down ... based on fiction?
A fella I briefly knew named John Granville ... Sudan.

Those are off the top of my head. Your source sucks!! They kill us where they can.

Maybe American soldiers shouldn't have been in those places, then.

And those people you knew weren't killed on US soil.

Just sayin'

And these people are ... now ... not allowed on US soil. Sauce for the goose? Should we unleash an artillery barrage on them wherever they can be found?

I can only wish that Trump would be so bold. The dash for the border would be a thing to behold.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: Abysha

It's just so obviously racist. You have several middle eastern nations who have never had a problem in the US being banned and you have several middle eastern nations who have had problems in the US but aren't being banned.

What is the criteria for his picks? Why didn't he tell us why those nations and not the others? It's because this has nothing to do with American safety. Why not Canada? I'm sure there's been a Canadian or two who's started trouble here, why not ban them?

Not to mention, it's not even an immigration ban, it's a travel ban. There are people who are legal citizens of America not able to return home because of this. It's so beyond #ed up.

No, legal citizens of the US are not being prevented from returning home. Citizens from those countries listed are prevented from travelling to the US.

From the OP:

President Trump has signed an executive order that bans citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries in the Middle East from entering the United States for 90 days, according to the White House.

And just to add, nationality does not equal race. It isn't racist. It has nothing to do with what race a person is, but it does have to do with what country they come from. Are you really trying to say there is only one race of people in those countries?

Not true. Legal US residents are not allowed to return from those nations if they have citizenship there. Some of these people are doctors, teachers, and other professions with Americans who depend on them. It's NOT just immigrants.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is definitely unconstitutional. This will end up at the SCOTUS. Moreover, unless Trump stacks the court with conservative radicals he will lose.

Though, even Scalia would call this unconstitutional I. This is clearly a religious test.

Trump is so stupid that when he says Christians get to be first in line that’s another religious test that any sane SCOTUS would knock down.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The Wahabi and Salafists are Saudi from their inception.

A ban as effective as excluding all Communists except the Russians.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Not to mention, it's not even an immigration ban, it's a travel ban. There are people who are legal citizens of America not able to return home because of this. It's so beyond #ed up.

No, legal citizens of the US are not being prevented from returning home. Citizens from those countries listed are prevented from travelling to the US.

From the OP:

President Trump has signed an executive order that bans citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries in the Middle East from entering the United States for 90 days, according to the White House.

And just to add, nationality does not equal race. It isn't racist. It has nothing to do with what race a person is, but it does have to do with what country they come from. Are you really trying to say there is only one race of people in those countries?

Not true. Legal US residents are not allowed to return from those nations if they have citizenship there. Some of these people are doctors, teachers, and other professions with Americans who depend on them. It's NOT just immigrants.

You didn't say 'residents' in the post that I replied to. You said US citizens. Here's the quote directly from your post:

Not to mention, it's not even an immigration ban, it's a travel ban. There are people who are legal citizens of America not able to return home because of this.

So again, I say no. US citizens are not being prevented from returning home. Visas can be revoked. Jimmy Carter revoked visas of Iranians during the hostage crisis.

flaglerlive.com...

To enforce the order, Civiletti on Nov. 13 issued an order for all Iranians with student visas to report to federal immigration offices or face deportation, according to the New York Times at the time.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Again, I want to repeat that these seven countries are a part a “legal” COVERT operation by the US to deliberately destabilize them.

Stupid Trump has converted that into this ban.

He didn’t know about this until he got briefed by the CIA and that shook him up.

Therefore, instead of a universal Muslim ban he advocated as a candidate( since they were already trying to destabilize these countries) he figured he may as well apply his nutty Muslim ban rhetoric to these countries.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: draoicht
The Wahabi and Salafists are Saudi from their inception.

A ban as effective as excluding all Communists except the Russians.

Great post.

In the history of Islamic terrorism ONLY Wahhabis have done it. Wahhabism is primarily from from Saudi and Pakistan

Maybe a few shia Iranian based but those were against troops...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

From the OP:

You didn't say 'residents' in the post that I replied to. You said US citizens. Here's the quote directly from your post:

Not to mention, it's not even an immigration ban, it's a travel ban. There are people who are legal citizens of America not able to return home because of this.

So again, I say no. US citizens are not being prevented from returning home. Visas can be revoked. Jimmy Carter revoked visas of Iranians during the hostage crisis.

flaglerlive.com...

To enforce the order, Civiletti on Nov. 13 issued an order for all Iranians with student visas to report to federal immigration offices or face deportation, according to the New York Times at the time.

Holy crap, you're right. I meant so say "resident". Corrected, thank you.
edit on 28-1-2017 by Abysha because: Jesus! Freakin' said "citizen" again instead!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
BOOOM FEDERAL JUDGE NUKED IT WOOOHOOOO!

At least for those already here. It might become permanent. Thank goodness.
edit on 28-1-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia, the biggest funder, promoter, and sponsor of terrorism is not on that list. Because Trump, like every other elitist, is in bed with the Saudis like the traitorous POS he is. So of course he won't ban his business buddies.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
That we know of.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: markosity1973

Look at Egypt they have a whole range of ISIS terrorist in the Sinai Peninsula.

Look at Pakistan, they probably have the worst.

Therefore, your logic is illogical

Think about it;

Pakistan and Egypt both have relationships with the US govt, as does Turkey and many other Islamic nations. This is not about Islam, it's about countries whom even before the USA wrongly went in there were very anti-western.

Let's look more closely at the banned list shall we?

Iran - Has been strongly anti-west and Anti USA ever since the Islamic revolution. Not many tears will be shed on either side if the flow of people between the two stops.

Iraq - The USA's biggest mistake, I'm not gonna deny that. It's the war that destabilised the entire Middle East and started it all. We all know that. Trump always said that Iraq was going to be a big mistake and he was right. ISIS is now being battled in and around the Syrian border. It is also where ISIS started.

Libya - ISIS have run amuck here too. A proper solution for the successor to Gadafi needs to be found. And quickly.

Somalia - Not much explanation needed there - full of pirate, warlords and terrorists.

Sudan - Like Somalia. Wherever Sudanese refugees go, they take unacceptable gang culture and violence with them. Even in places that are not the USA.

Syria - No explanation needed there. Russia and USA need to work together to put this country back together so the people can go back home.

Yemen - another war (Saudi Arabia's fault for once) and another place full of anti US terrorists.

If you feel every single Islamic nation should be banned entry from the USA, write Mr Trump. Maybe he'll listen and do it for you.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Christians are the most persecuted in the ME. Why shouldn't they get preference in the refugee process?

In WW2 when Jews and Christians were both coming to the US for refuge, Jews had preference and it was justified.

This has nothing to do with religion. This has to do with saving lives.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

What do you call 6 people standing around? a DNC convention,more media hype,and as usual thje true story is,those with cleared visas are allowed,like the way you put fake spin on it,that he only allowed country's he did buisness with,show's usual liberal post,don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Alex Jones would have been all over this story if a left-leaning POTUS had done anything like this. In fact, this would have been posted here as a thread by now if it were done by a left-leaning POTUS.

Funny you should mention that. Trump is simply implementing something set up by Obama. In fact, the list of countries was drawn up by the Obama administration.

Trump's EO doesn't list any countries, it just points back to those countries designated as high risk by the Obama Administration under the Visa Waiver regs:

www.law.cornell.edu...

Well, fancy that. I look forward to the chorus of "but, but, but, Trump is literally Hitler... err... Roosevelt... err... Obama?"

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

You do know the dumb dumb said exceptions would be made for christians coming from countries in the ban.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Well, I don't see Christians taking part in jihadism and force conversions and chopping people's heads off. Do you?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Well, I don't see Christians taking part in jihadism and force conversions and chopping people's heads off. Do you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join