It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China military official says war with US under Donald Trump 'becoming practical reality'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Profusion

China is currently the biggest threat to world security , those who watch know this.
The election of the Donald brings that threat into sharp focus , his intent to ignore the one China policy is a possible flash point that should be avoided , his advisers should advise caution and diplomacy.

All we can do is hope and prepare.

prepare? For global thermal nuclear war? What is the accepted preparation, baste yourself with butter and garlic?
I prefer to fill up with combustible fluids. Woodford Reserve should do nicely.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Alrighty, a jobs program, war. Thanks Trumpets.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
So who is going to offer and host this party? MAD or Naval campaign? US wins or game over is the only end to this scenario.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

prepare? For global thermal nuclear war? What is the accepted preparation, baste yourself with butter and garlic?

Adequate preparation would be to stock up on essentials , learn how to forage and have a plan for if the worst happens , or you could just sit and stew in your own juices , it's an individuals choice.
I believe Nuclear war would come toward the end of a conventional war , when hope is lost the loosing side would have little else to lose.

edit on 28-1-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
Screw Bromance

It would turn into a NoMance over night if they pulled that on Russia.

Bromance is for gay dudes.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If China struggles financially another tianamen square may be considered by the people.
The communist government can't have that, sending soldiers to war would be a very effective move to control their populace

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
China is doing what China ALWAYS does which is saber rattling.
You can't walk back a hard line to look gracious and accommodating if at first you haven't drawn that line in the sand.

Chinese diplomacy is convoluted and since Nixon went there the US was so thrilled ever since we've gone overboard in cutting the Chinese great deals. In return they have purchased Billions in treasury's.

Now, with the good trade deals they secured from us also comes the Chinese Govt refusing to crack down on tech and other piracy that costs us more $, plus all the knock-offs, and other crap. Right now by artificially keeping the Yuan where it is it's also benefiting them in trade costs, but killing us.

They may not like that Trump is preempting them with a line in the sand on trade, but they certainly do understand the diplomatic message he's sending.

You guys have been oblivious that Trump just "may be" crafty i appearing the buffoon yet crafty like a fox.
He's going to blindside many people.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

"He's going to blindside many people. " With the good paying jobs to afford the new trumpocare that we were promised by the trumpets?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

So China uses a military official to say that a TRADE WAR is imminent with US? How ironic media would forget to throw in this word.

*FAKE NEWS*

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: gortex

China is currently the biggest threat to world security , those who watch know this.
The election of the Donald brings that threat into sharp focus , his intent to ignore the one China policy is a possible flash point that should be avoided , his advisers should advise caution and diplomacy.

All we can do is hope and prepare.

Why do we think that it will be a nuclear war...being pragmatic I see a biological component so as not to damage the infrastructure too badly.....people can be replaced.

edit on 28-1-2017 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

War with China IS war with Russia. I am certain that Russia would side with China in any such dispute, rather than either stay out of it, or side with the US.

At least someone on this board has some knowledge of history.

Sino-Russian relations since 1991

AP Oct. 11th 2016 article titled: Russia, China to mull joint response to US missile shield

MOSCOW (AP) — Amid escalating U.S.-Russia tensions, the Russian military said Tuesday it will cooperate with China on efforts to fend off a threat posed by the U.S. missile defense program.

Prepare for armed conflicts on our southern border and in theaters as diverse as the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and the Asian territories if this goes hot.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So much for Trump being the anti-war candidate, what a joke.

edit on 28-1-2017 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

War with China IS war with Russia. I am certain that Russia would side with China in any such dispute, rather than either stay out of it, or side with the US.

Furthermore, it has to be understood that China produces the components for much of the US electronics market, from consumer gear to military equipment. Appearing weak when they are strong, is a fundamental philosophy of the way China would make war on an enemy, so expect certain devices to either malfunction or get taken control of in the event of a full scale conflict.

Lol china couldnt make rockets work 20 years ago and bill clinton handed them info no how to make them now when his wife doesnt win then they point rockets at us F--k china. They cant make anything well and steal our inventions when companies move to china. Their stealth planes are based off russian stealth planes. They fight over islands that was never theirs and act like big shots imposing their will on other countries regarding international waters which they claim is theirs. China is only powerful now because we traded with them or they would be a 3rd world hellhole.and the only reason they are pulling this crap now because they will return to a 3rd world if we pull our businesses and redo our trade deals with them and they know it

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThingsThatDontMakeSense

At least someone on this board has some knowledge of history.

Sino-Russian relations since 1991

AP Oct. 11th 2016 article titled: Russia, China to mull joint response to US missile shield

MOSCOW (AP) — Amid escalating U.S.-Russia tensions, the Russian military said Tuesday it will cooperate with China on efforts to fend off a threat posed by the U.S. missile defense program.

Prepare for armed conflicts on our southern border and in theaters as diverse as the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and the Asian territories if this goes hot.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So much for Trump being the anti-war candidate, what a joke.

Lol post an article from October of 2016 when trump wasnt president and it looked like hillary was going to be. Obama was still president and attacking Syria and imposing sanction on russia. However that must have been trumps fault right?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
Lol post an article from October of 2016 when trump wasnt president and it looked like hillary was going to be. Obama was still president and attacking Syria and imposing sanction on russia. However that must have been trumps fault right?

The point is Russia and China are working together to forge a military alliance; and the United States under Trum p is continuing to escalate. Perhaps you're too young to understand this, but foreign tactical units don't really care about the person in the office of the presidency as they do about what they can do with who will be in office when they plan to act.

Take a moment to think about that.

Even if it was Hillary who was elected the question would have been "will the US escalate or de-escalate?", "can they form a coalition?", and "how long will it take them to ramp with a new administration?" This gives an adversary an advantage due to the fog of war and the confusion during a presidential transition. Trump is a neophyte when it comes to military planning and dealing with countries on the world stage. This is an advantage to an enemy.

Trump is gearing up for war and China sees it:

• Newsweek Jan 23 2017 article titled: Trump White House Pledges to Block China from Taking South China Sea Islands

The new U.S. administration of President Donald Trump vowed on Monday that the United States would prevent China from taking over territory in international waters in the South China Sea, something Chinese state media has warned would require Washington to "wage war."

• Politico Jan 27th 2017 article titled: Trump order sets military buildup in motion

President Donald Trump on Friday took the first formal step to undertake a costly military buildup, signaling what could be a major turnaround from years of relying on a smaller, more agile force and within strict spending limits mandated by Congress.

In an executive memorandum he signed during his first visit to the Pentagon, Trump detailed plans to fulfill his campaign promises to invest in a bigger military — including more troops, warships and a modernized nuclear arsenal — declaring he was beginning "a great rebuilding of the armed services of the United States."

This gives China an excuse to say that they're acting in self-defense.

It's a fact that people on ATS thought Trump would defuse the hostilities with the Sino-Russian front.

They are flatly wrong as you can now see.

edit on 28-1-2017 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Good luck with that.

China must be doing something right, because they owned the largest majority of US debt until recently, when that title went to Japan. As far as I know, they still occupy second place on that scale.

Furthermore, if China are so bad at making things work, how is it, precisely, that Chinese components are so necessary to the US armed forces, that most of its gear would not work without them? How is it that Chinese components can be found in everything from communications gear to the magnets that run the F-35 radar system? I think you have utterly underestimated the capacity of China to build materials, components and machinery, frankly speaking. The US military would grind to a total halt without their reliance on Chinese manufacturers, so your argument has more than a few holes in it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I agree with others in this thread. China might join in the WORLD WAR, but it won't be the one who gets the ball rolling. It might be Israel vs Iran. They hate each other and are relatively close together geographically.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
With a slow adjustment and wisely chosen words they'll be contained. By wise wording I mean such kind of diplomacy where both sides know it's a lie but everyone is smiling. They like it.
Mr. T showed he's capable of this kind of "diplomacy" when he told to Mr. O
"Good job." after inauguration. Remember that? It was a funny moment.

I think they would be very efficient when their manufacturing capacity turned into military equipment. Better don't give them excuse. Just imagine an unstoppable flow of both material and people quantity. You can't # with 1,37 Billion of people easily. It's too late. It's coming one way or another but I'm kinda not afraid. Mao's karma is waiting for them.

I'm not sure if I want to think about other people like this. I don't like it.
edit on 3/2/2017 by PapagiorgioCZ because: last sentence added

top topics

<< 1   >>

join