It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China military official says war with US under Donald Trump 'becoming practical reality'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

War with the US under Donald Trump is “not just a slogan” and becoming a “practical reality”, a senior Chinese military official has said.

The remarks were published on the People’s Liberation Army website, apparently in response to the aggressive rhetoric towards China from America's new administration.

They communicated a view from inside the Central Military Commission, which has overall authority of China’s armed forces.

China military official says war with US under Donald Trump 'becoming practical reality'

I was ecstatic because the nomination of Trump ended any possibility of a near-term war between the U.S. and Russia. I never thought what's discussed in the article linked above was a real possibility.

This situation reminds me of stories about people making deals with leprechauns or the Devil. You get what you wanted, but there's usually a catch that you never could have imagined.

Let's face it, an all-out war between China and the U.S. may be even worse than an all-out war between the U.S. and Russia. I believe either will eventually lead to WW3. In my view, there's no way Russia would let China be completely defeated by the U.S. and visa versa.

Russia/China relations seem to be very good.

Bromance Between Xi and Putin Grows as U.S. Spats Escalate
edit on 28-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

China and the US will never have an out and out war.

Not gonna happen.

It's like the wet dream of Old Establishment.

Kill Mame Destroy.

No just no.

If that happened, China would lose billions in dollar store revenue! yikes! They'd never go for that sh't.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
History lesson #1. Japan was forced in to war for survival. It had no choice.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Screw Bromance

It would turn into a NoMance over night if they pulled that on Russia.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
china is the globalist hit man, they have to flex in order to keep people fearful.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

You're relying on the same argument that was used concerning a possible all-out Russia/U.S. war...

There's too much to lose.

Both countries (and Russia) have deep underground military bases which were built for this. Every person who makes the decision to go to war has places waiting for them and their families in the DUMBS. The DUMBS are there mostly because they believe a WW3-type situation will come someday. The leaders are mentally prepared for that scenario. All of this is very different from their point of view than it is from our point of view.

originally posted by: Pandaram

That is why Russia was seriously considering WW3 if Hillary Clinton was elected. I discussed that in the following thread.

The simple reasons WW3 over Syria makes sense

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Let's think about this:

The US naval fleet dwarfs China's.

They can't land troops unless they fly / sail them in. Large troop carrier planes are easily shot out of the sky.

All China can do is try to look strong and hope the the psychological fact of 1 billion people vs 330 or so million scared the USA off.

China didn't stand a chance of defeating mainland USA in conventional war.

Which leaves only nukes, which again only guarantees mutual loss.

If I were a betting man, I'd back USA at 2:1 odds.
edit on 28-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

From your source

America first and only politics. Only natural it leads to tensions. Escalation with Mexico.... That's what you wanted, not? American supremacy? What did you expect? China is smarter than you are and the financial & economical politics of Trump are unsustainable even in a best case scenario.

Putin is probably laughing his a$$ off

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Forced into war with China in 1937?
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Let's think about this:

The US naval fleet dwarfs China's.

They can't land troops unless they fly / sail them in. Large troop carrier planes are easily shot out of the sky.

All China can do is try to look strong and hope the the psychological fact of 1 billion people vs 330 or so million scared the USA off.

China didn't stand a chance of defeating mainland USA in conventional war.

Which leaves only nukes, which again only guarantees mutual loss.

If I were a betting man, I'd back USA at 2:1 odds.

There could be no conventional land war, unless it was carried out by opposing forces in another country.
China would easily defeat the US on their own turf and vice versa.
In terms of the sea, the US would decimate the Chinese fleet in a matter of months, same for air power.

No country is going to go to war with America unless America attacks them, which is not a likely scenario with China.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

What makes you so sure you're right?

Yeah there's too much too lose, like?

It's all a farce, it's all crap.

The US and China are NOT gonna war with each other. You know why? Because Russia would get Involved that's why.

Russia wants good relations with the US Under President Trump. China wouldn't even go there.

Too much to lose on both sides of the fence.
edit on 28-1-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

China is currently the biggest threat to world security , those who watch know this.
The election of the Donald brings that threat into sharp focus , his intent to ignore the one China policy is a possible flash point that should be avoided , his advisers should advise caution and diplomacy.

All we can do is hope and prepare.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The US is the biggest threat to world security. The election of Trump adds irrationality to an already high-handed foreign and war politics which gave birth to terrorism...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: gortex

The US is the biggest threat to world security. The election of Trump adds irrationality to an already high-handed foreign and war politics which gave birth to terrorism...

I agree on the US and it's been that way for some time. I don't agree that the situation will get worse though with Trump. One of the biggest problems is that there has been no leadership. Every country in the world will know the boundaries with Trump in charge. They may not like them, but they will not cross them. As for terrorists, they are already extreme as they can be. The job is to kill them all without mercy, not worry about them becoming more radical.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

War with China IS war with Russia. I am certain that Russia would side with China in any such dispute, rather than either stay out of it, or side with the US.

Furthermore, it has to be understood that China produces the components for much of the US electronics market, from consumer gear to military equipment. Appearing weak when they are strong, is a fundamental philosophy of the way China would make war on an enemy, so expect certain devices to either malfunction or get taken control of in the event of a full scale conflict.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I don't agree that the situation will get worse though with Trump.

Does the article linked to at the top of the original post in this thread strike you as just saber-rattling? I don't think that's the Chinese style. If you think it is, please present evidence to support your case.

How can you claim that the situation won't get worse when according to the article linked to in the original post "Sino-US relations are becoming more tense under America's new administration" and "China military official says war with US under Donald Trump 'becoming practical reality'", and nothing that serious has happened between the U.S. and China in my lifetime?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

From your source

America first and only politics. Only natural it leads to tensions. Escalation with Mexico.... That's what you wanted, not? American supremacy? What did you expect? China is smarter than you are and the financial & economical politics of Trump are unsustainable even in a best case scenario.

Putin is probably laughing his a$$ off

China dumps all over the US in trade in an unbalanced set of agreements.
Trump says that is not fair to Americans.
China says war is inevitable.

Sounds to me like it's China that is acting rather strangely - almost certainly because they see their economic advantage about to disappear.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

originally posted by: UKTruth
I don't agree that the situation will get worse though with Trump.

Does the article linked to at the top of the original post in this thread strike you as just saber-rattling? I don't think that's the Chinese style. If you think it is, please present evidence to support your case.

How can you claim that the situation won't get worse when according to the article linked to in the original post "Sino-US relations are becoming more tense under America's new administration" and "China military official says war with US under Donald Trump 'becoming practical reality'", and nothing like that serious happened between the U.S. and China in my lifetime?

Words to try and protect their economy. The 'situation' I am talking about is a military one.
Economically, it will certainly get worse, especially for China. The US hold all the aces and China knows it.
edit on 28/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

War with China IS war with Russia. I am certain that Russia would side with China in any such dispute, rather than either stay out of it, or side with the US.

Furthermore, it has to be understood that China produces the components for much of the US electronics market, from consumer gear to military equipment. Appearing weak when they are strong, is a fundamental philosophy of the way China would make war on an enemy, so expect certain devices to either malfunction or get taken control of in the event of a full scale conflict.

Chinese devices already malfunction - no war is required. they make low quality sh**.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Agreed, China could bonnet the West into the steam age if they desired. The number IOT (Internet of things) devices, Computers and phones manufactured in China that could and do have malware embedded in them at source makes a crippling 1st strike cyber attack a reality. Offshoot is I wouldn't be looked at weird in steam punk clobber then

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join