It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CalExit- State Approves ‘California Nation’ to Collect Signatures

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

California Secretary of State Alex Padilla announced Thursday that a ballot initiative called “California Nation” has been approved by the state to begin collecting signatures to qualify for the 2018 ballot.

www.breitbart.com...

Padilla announced that the Attorney General had prepared the following “official title and summary for the measure” (original emphasis):

CALIFORNIA NATIONHOOD. INITIATIVE CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT AND STATUTE. Repeals provision in California Constitution stating California is an inseparable part of the United States and that the United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land. Places question of whether California should become a separate country on a future ballot. Treats result of such future vote as declaration of independence from the United States if 50 percent of registered voters participate and 55 percent of those voting approve. Requires Governor to request California admission to the United Nations if voters approve independence. Summary of estimate by Legislative Analyst and Director of Finance of fiscal impact on state and local government: The fiscal impact of this measure is dependent on various factors, including a vote by the people on this measure, a subsequent vote on California independence, possible legal challenges, and implementation issues. Assuming that California actually became an independent nation, the state and its local governments would experience major, but unknown, budgetary impacts. This measure also would result in tens of millions of dollars of one-time state and local election costs.

The supporters of “California Nation” now have 180 days — i.e. until July 25, 2017 — to gather valid signatures from 585,407 registered voters, 8% of the votes cast for governor in 2014. Otherwise, the measure will not qualify for the ballot.

So this appears to be building up a hefty head of steam with some 32% polled in favor.

But we all know about polls, and how wrong they can be.

The initiative maintains that the election “shall constitute a Declaration of Independence from the United States of America” if two key conditions are met: at least 50 percent of registered voters participate and at least 55 percent vote ‘Yes’.

www.rt.com...

Ok, so a separate country called California? Jeez, maybe all the liberals in the country will move there. Nice beaches and plenty of sunshine, despite all the snowflakes. But the water problem will not go away, and if a separate country, will Nevada go to war with California over the water?.

And maybe all those liberals will be just in time for the BIG one when it hits. What a cryin' shame. With only needing 55% to vote yes, I'd say this has a slim chance in hell of passing since Trump took office and all the snowflakes are in meltdown. Maybe all that snowflake melt water will solve the water problem! They can drink snowflake tears!

Yee haw.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's been posted but your thread gives me a chance to say:

A Constitutional amendment to let California secede?

!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

This is the coup de grace for the backlash over the elections. Petulant morons who can't possibly understand the repercussions this would/could have for generations to come all because they lost one election.

They should be ashamed. This is what rhetoric and propaganda breed.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Hmmmm...

So what about all those military bases and national parks located in California? Are they planning on just taking them over? The last time someone tried that was the War of Northern Aggression and it turned out pretty crappy.

Oh, well, maybe "Uncle Billy" has a great-great-grandson... we can all sit back and watch the burning of Los Angeles. I'm pretty sure it'll air live on Fox News.

TheRedneck

ETA: But not on CNN, unless they can spin it to be simply a consequence of Global Warming...

edit on 1/28/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
And why not. Wasn't Texas trying to do that several years ago?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yes.

After President Obama was re-elected in 2012, more than 125,000 people signed a petition asking for the government to allow the Lone Star State to go its own way, withdrawing from the United States and forming its own nation.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

And what about the nukes? There's bound to be at least a few nukes in CA. Who gets those? I suppose they'll sell them to Mexico?

And what about the new wall? We gotta wall off Cali too? This brings more questions than answers.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Can the rest of the country petition to kick them out, too?

Put them on the Mexico side if the wall, I'd wager that the state as its own country would burn to the ground before the wall was completed.

I'm tired of California lawyers making national laws that make no sense in my state.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Lawyers don't make laws unless they are legislators.
Legislators don't make national laws unless they are in Congress.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I live in N. California, this isnt what we want. I am so sick of S. Cal, They make all the rules and they are clueless. We want to Secede, but not from the US, we want to Secede from California. :
I think this is a desperate attempt to cover their tracks. If Trump starts sniffing around, he is going to find Dirty politics, I doubt if Pelosi, Brown or Boxer were actually elected. The winners are announced before the polls close. And why exactly did Boxers husband get the unneeded High Speed Rail Contract? We dont need it.

Our favorite motto in N. California is: "If its Brown, flush it down."

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Now that makes sense!!

I don't think they realize how childish they sound to the rest of the country. Doubtful they care however.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I know Californians are proud of their state, but, They Do realize That they will not have sports teams revenue if they are not part of the country? That's whst, 2 billion a year? Plus no military bases, another 2 billion a year? Water from upstream you will have to pay for. Medical supplies, doctors and blood, plasma from out of country? Good luck folks..

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Good point. I guess since we're going to leave Russia alone, we can aim our nukes at California. Shouldn't be anything to worry about, since President Donald J. Trump will be the one with the nuclear launch codes. Oh, wait, what?

As for the wall, that's no problem... we just make California pay for it or face 35% tariffs. Won't hurt us, since Portland and Seattle can take over Pacific imports. They'll be happy to get sell that new money in their states, I imagine.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1
Yeas ago I escaped from the Bay Area to another state. I always was in favor of a two state agenda. We laugh and joke about this now, but seriously, with the demographics of the state now, this could become a serious serious matter.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: TheRedneck

And what about the nukes? There's bound to be at least a few nukes in CA. Who gets those? I suppose they'll sell them to Mexico?

And what about the new wall? We gotta wall off Cali too? This brings more questions than answers.

Nukes are us government property. No way they will stay. Along with the bases full of marines and sailors that won't be spending money....

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Good point. I guess since we're going to leave Russia alone, we can aim our nukes at California. Shouldn't be anything to worry about, since President Donald J. Trump will be the one with the nuclear launch codes. Oh, wait, what?

As for the wall, that's no problem... we just make California pay for it or face 35% tariffs. Won't hurt us, since Portland and Seattle can take over Pacific imports. They'll be happy to get sell that new money in their states, I imagine.

TheRedneck

That is unless Oregon and Washington decide to go with them. Now that would be a hoot.

link   
I think our real estate mogul President has a golden opportunity to get ahead of this. He should subdivide California and sell/auction off each parcel to the highest bidder.

He could pay off the national debt and avoid all of the headaches when the San Andreas finally gives. We're going to lose Cali eventually, right?

link   
S. California has 38 counties with 114 State Representatives.

N. California has 20 Counties with 6 State Representatives.

We do not have proper representation, The Southern half, is clueless about our needs. Yet they have all the power.

Time for the State of Jefferson.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

That is unless Oregon and Washington decide to go with them. Now that would be a hoot.

Northern CA wouldn't like that.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Actually, Oregon and Washington would not like that.
The term "Californication" comes to mind. Or is that obsolete terminology?

edit on 1/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join