It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Akragon

The other disciples accepted him and taught the same. He did admonish Peter for playing games when other Jews were around. (Not eating with Gentiles when Jews were present)
You have to read it Bro, What you have stated so far tells me you do not have a full understanding of what was going on.
The other disciples were afraid of Paul at first, but shortly thereafter they knew damn well he was one of them, and that it was his job to reach Gentiles

The other disciples accepted him and taught the same.

According to pseudopigraphical books sure... There is evidence Paul was not trusted... and this is not the place for that discussion

You have to read it Bro, What you have stated so far tells me you do not have a full understanding of what was going on.

Honestly i couldn't care less what you think about what i know... i've read the book, and all the books individually... many.. many times

The other disciples were afraid of Paul at first, but shortly thereafter they knew damn well he was one of them, and that it was his job to reach Gentiles

Again i disagree, and this is not the place for this discussion...

Peter was supposed to go to the gentiles... Not Paul... but he ended up going anyways

and he was not an apostle

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Are you a christian? I ask bc usually Atheists or non-christians are typically the ones who understand the bible more than christians.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

whatever suites you, i would love to get into that business, now that its legalized. Lots of money there.

Might i add that I personally DO NOT smoke week, i cannot, physically. Wish i could.
edit on 27-1-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I was most of my life... and just as you stated, i knew nothing of the bible while i was...

After years of religious study i realized i am not Christian

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon This isn't the place to discuss it, but much of what you have stated is false. If you believe that certain books were changed then go back to the scrolls and go through each word and translate as my Dad, (genius research scientist) has. But as I agree, this is not the right place to discuss it and I will not bother you with any further replies

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

It is my thread and he is answering my questions so I would say that its mighty fine to discuss it here.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

It is my thread and he is answering my questions so I would say that its mighty fine to discuss it here.

Then you want to read Galations 5 and 6. There is a word in there that describes drug use. I think in greek may have been Pharmacia. I saw that somewhere it stated that it encourages Demonic activity

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I will leave you guys to your discussion now

PS here is your flag
edit on 27-1-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

we also thought psychics was witchcraft back in the day.

The bible is very interesting. A very special book.

What is also interesting is what was left out, how people misinterpret it, how the church and politics used to be so intertwined.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

No. As a Christian, I'd love to see more people reading the Bible, and coming to understand it, but I have no desire to force them to do so!! Church attendance isn't even something all Christians practice, and again, it should be voluntary.

That people could benefit from the Bible, I'd agree, but God gives us the choice to accept Him or not. Who are we to try and take that away?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

a reply to: AMPTAH

"The Christian Bible doesn't teach what else is in the Father's kingdom, because Christians are only concerned with their future, not the future of every creature in the universe."

are you saying that christians are selfish?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Christians are concerned about other Christians, so they are not selfish in that sense.

But, they are not preoccupied with all the other religions of the world, so in that sense they are selfish.

You wouldn't find a Christian going around promoting Islam, or Buddhism, or Hinduism, for example.

So, if you think it's selfish not to help promote other religious views other than just your own, then that could be considered selfish.

It depends on your point of view.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
So in this Hypothetical Theocracy which sect of Christianity do you intend to run it?
Catholics Baptists Quakers Episcopalians evangelicals dominionist ect.....
I kind of feel that the framers of the Constitution put this phrase into the first amendment for a reason.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I would like to pose a hypothetical question that is crazy, but crosses my mind from time to time.

If we were to live in a country where it was mandatory to read the bible and attend church services would this make America a better country. I know there would be backlash at first, but if everyone just went to church and listened and believed, would it benefit more than harm?

Please only positive replies and I am looking more for replies from Christians who believe America would benefit from this mandate.

Thanks

What you described was what actually happened to me. It happens to a lot of other people as well.

When I was 12 my parents decided to start going to church and they forced me to go with them.
Before this, I had no qualms with religion.
After this, I truly hated religion. Still do.

What's worse than making your almost teenage son go to church and be "religious"?
Raising an innocent baby into childhood and beyond in a world that believes in religion (in this example christianity).
To raise an innocent child into a world that has a god that has judged you to be born a sinner (thanks to something that adam and eve supposedly did) is a horrible sin against the psyche and mental state of a newly born human.

Hope this makes sense. But to answer your question -

Imagine you don't really like someone. Now imagine that society forces you to be that persons bff.

I think your idea would bring far more harm than benefit.
Anyone and everyone that wants to believe in this stuff already knows all about it and has hundreds of opportunities to join a church, etc. etc.

Your plan would backfire and benefit no one that it isn't already benefiting.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Why not force every one into Scientology they make the claim they can get anyone of off drugs? Or Islam which prohibits drinking? ....,..... Xenu please don't send Tom Cruise after me

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

a reply to: AMPTAH

What if a person does not get that something that is planted to enter the fold? What happens to them?

By "fold" do you mean christianity? or any religion?

Who knows what other religious folds are in those mansions?

You sound like billionaire Ted Turner (founder of CNN) in the video below (after 2:22):
Current events-The End of False Religion is imminent!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

According to christians, their GOD is the one and only.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I think, in this hypothetical theocracy...if you just believed in the one and only GOD would be acceptable. Wars over the different sects may come later.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join