It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could 3D Bioprinting Bring Man Immortality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Heh... on the subject of tools we do not use...

Do you remember those Pot Noodle forks, with the little motor in them that spun the fork in the pot for you?

Nearly no one who ever got one of those actually used it!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

This is true.

All through i seem to recall that rather an alarming amount of "Pot Noddle" lids were required to acquire that fork.

Who the hell had the time to prepare a stamped addressed envelope and pack those lids when they were obviously stuck on the Khazi dealing with all those accumulated Noodles is beyond me.

Actually i think one of my old mates acquired one an used to bring it into dinner school. It did not help with the fair on offer their nether as i remember it.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Like King Leonidas said in the movie...

"May you live Forever!"
edit on 27-1-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Hahahaha! Fantastic!

I tell you what though... you cannot be immortal on Pot Noodles. They are a one way ticket to an organ transplant if they are consumed en masse!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I darn well used to survive on the things back in my college days, those and cheap Ramen noodles.

I think most students have at one time or another between the odd grant cheque. LoL

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Oh, trust me, I have been there. My thing was microwaveable burgers. But I knew with every bite that I was going to pay for it later.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Good question! ...But how do you define immortality?

However you do - I'd say we can expect a reasonable facsimile.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

No problem really. Only about 1% of the population will be able to afford the upgrades. The rest will be left behind (figuratively and literally).

And yeah, how about those cerebral organoids, right?!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
a reply to: JesusXst

Thank you,

Not to mention, mainly people with wealth and power want to live forever, I'm pretty sure that would lead to some very one sided operation and evolution of humanity.

So the Republic from Starwars basically...

Yeah that's pretty scary, i'm good with 80 years and a break.

While I wouldn't want to be immortal in the strictest sense (eventually, outliving the entire human race, even the planet, and just drifting in space would really suck), I certainly wouldn't be opposed to living for a few centuries or even millennia if given the opportunity to do so.

Think of all the things you could learn. The curse of old age is that by the time you've gotten enough life experience, and seen enough changes in the world that you can actually apply your wisdom towards improving humanity you're too old to do it. This gets around that problem.

Imagine the secrets of the universe that you could discover if you had the time to become fluent in 15 languages, master mathematics, become well versed in 20 different scientific fields, and see hundreds if not thousands of years of trial and error with ideas as they're tried without having to rely on the filter of history books.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I darn well used to survive on the things back in my college days, those and cheap Ramen noodles.

I think most students have at one time or another between the odd grant cheque. LoL

Ramen isn't that cheap these days, around here it's something like 95 cents per pack.

There's cheaper meals these days. There's a few crock pot things you can make that are much healthier, and the same or less price.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
a reply to: JesusXst

Thank you,

Not to mention, mainly people with wealth and power want to live forever, I'm pretty sure that would lead to some very one sided operation and evolution of humanity.

So the Republic from Starwars basically...

Yeah that's pretty scary, i'm good with 80 years and a break.

While I wouldn't want to be immortal in the strictest sense (eventually, outliving the entire human race, even the planet, and just drifting in space would really suck), I certainly wouldn't be opposed to living for a few centuries or even millennia if given the opportunity to do so.

Think of all the things you could learn. The curse of old age is that by the time you've gotten enough life experience, and seen enough changes in the world that you can actually apply your wisdom towards improving humanity you're too old to do it. This gets around that problem.

Imagine the secrets of the universe that you could discover if you had the time to become fluent in 15 languages, master mathematics, become well versed in 20 different scientific fields, and see hundreds if not thousands of years of trial and error with ideas as they're tried without having to rely on the filter of history books.

Agree.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

They were back in the 90s, even now ASDA do there own passable version for about 17p, I mind they used to be 7p back 10 years or so.

Healthy food was not really a concern back in my student days. Times have changed somewhat or so I'm lead to believe.
edit on 29-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join