It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico: We will not pay for Trump border wall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Why build a stupid wall?

Better to study how illegal immigrants are coming into this country and do what is most effective to stop it. That is better use of the money. A wall does not sound very effective.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hey if i was mexico i wouldn't pay either. Thats like you saying i should pay for your fence because my dog keeps sh!ting in your yard. Well over simplified but you get what im saying.
edit on 26-1-2017 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

Actually that sounds reasonable. At lest chain up the dog so it can't crap in my yard. If you cant control the dog and he keeps crapping in my yard i would expect you to fix the problem from your end.

However this is more like i tell hoa about the issue and they hit you with a fine to pay for the wall however i will still need to build it and pay for the cost of the wall. However hoa will keep issuing fines on you until the wall is paid for and hoa will just give me the money from the fines

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

Actually that sounds reasonable. At lest chain up the dog so it can't crap in my yard. If you cant control the dog and he keeps crapping in my yard i would expect you to fix the problem from your end.

However this is more like i tell hoa about the issue and they hit you with a fine to pay for the wall however i will still need to build it and pay for the cost of the wall. However hoa will keep issuing fines on you until the wall is paid for and hoa will just give me the money from the fines

I would pay any damages of my dog. I will do everything in my power to stop him from going into your yard but i have a siberian husky and they always seem to escape (True story actually). As for you fining me. Good luck with that. I would pretty much ignore your fines considering i am not obligated to pay for anything you decide to do in your yard. If i did decide to pay i wouldnt use the materials you want me to use. I would use chicken wire and 2x4s. Not some expensive chainlink.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I hope nobody shoots your dog.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

I hope nobody shoots your dog.

He made his bed i did everything in my power to keep him in. Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnTheSmith
Trump has said before that he plans on making Mexico pay for the wall by renegotiating trade deals (Nafta in particular) that are not in favor of the U.S.

www.cnn.com...

For some reason, certain people think Mexico must sign a check for the wall, when Trump has repeatedly said payment will come by way of better trade deals.

Ok this is very understandable. So renegotiating deals saving us money thereby freeing up the monies needed to pay for the wall. So mexico isnt exactly paying for the wall just giving us better terms on other agreements. Im cool with this.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
White men will wring their hands, Black men will shake their fist, Red men will shake their heads and turn away and Asians will get out the calculators

Author after author looking for the winning solution. Thinking inside the box, outside the box and ultimately basking in the warmth of the box burning.

Men will agonize seeking answers on how to make Mexico pay.............?
Maybe buy a US entry ticket, season pass or whatnot.

But very likely the solution will come from the mouths of babes... in an idle moment, a child will suggest an answer that will finally become the 'Wall of Mexico'.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
You guys whine a lot.

Though you were Mexicans not Mexicants.

I know you think a few states belong to you but don't continue your laments they are adorable roll out Vicente and let him drop some f bombs for lulz.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Stephen Fry BBC is a nice laidback look at the area in question, inc a visit to "The Pass", El Paso

The specific part about Mexico is 50m into it, but it is worth seeing.

The Rio Grande' River marks the transition from the Rocky Mountains to the Sierra Madre'.

youtu.be...

Immigration is the theme, and it is not a partisan piece.
edit on 26-1-2017 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Enrique Pena Nieto said he "lamented" the plans for the barrier, adding that "Mexico doesn't believe in walls".

But he made no mention of cancelling or postponing a trip to Washington on 31 January to meet the new US president.

Mr Trump has signed an executive order for an "impassable physical barrier" and has insisted Mexico would reimburse the US for it.

Mr Pena Nieto said: "I've said time and again; Mexico won't pay for any wall.

SOURCE

Is it time for Trump to create some new tariffs against Mexico to fund the wall? How about renegotiating NAFTA with annual payments included from Mexico for the wall? There must be a way, right?

I'm getting tired of asking the question, but does anyone still believe it doesn't matter who the POTUS is? I believe Trump has completely put that concept to rest. The ripple effects of Trump are everywhere, and I think they're mostly exciting.

Mexican construction companies should be encouraged to bid on building the wall.

If they do get to take part, the Mexican president can claim that "we built a wall to protect our borders, and we had America pay for it."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join