It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 74 Percent of Californians Want to End Sanctuary Cities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wow I didn't know California was 74% bigot.

edit on 23-1-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

That hyperbole doesn't work any more. But you're more than welcome to give it a go in Canada.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SFUSA

I see the sarcasm flew right over your head.

Buy me a ticket?

*marks another line onto a chalkboard*

this?

Just a triggering chart.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Side note: it worries me that racially driven motivations might actually exist as a silent majority, as racists and bigots would never admit to it openly.

How open does one have to get? I get along well with people who aren't white. I get along well with both genders (and the confused ones too -grin). My wife of 33 years is Korean. I know in my heart, it wouldn't be fair to call me a racist or a bigot. That said, I've been around the block a few times. I've got some prejudices. I feel they're earned.

While I do think this is a good move, i don't want to see hypernationalist xenophobia take over either.

That would tear the fabric of the country. I hope anyone who thought to disagree will take another moment to reflect on such wisdom.

-Cheers
edit on 2312017 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Im not talking you personally, snarl. Im talking in broader term. Bigotry is mostly hidden from world view. Like domestic abuse. People live behind facades.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: ColdWisdom
When I went to the polls, I saw people who couldn't speak English. Im pretty sure they were illegals. I really couldn't believe it. It was hard to accept

Yeah, if you don't know the language you shouldn't be allowed to vote. Shouldn't be eligible for citizenship either.

I'm actually working on becoming a dual citizen of my wife's home country in Europe and that test will be completely done in their native language. That's normal most places. I can't show up and take a citizenship test in English in a non-English speaking country.

Should be the same here.

My neighbor doesn't speak a lick of English. But is able to acquire a home loan and purchase a house. Guess who won this state? Clinton.

I don't really mind that though.

I can legally and expect to be able to buy property in my wife's home country whether I'm a citizen or not(I will be a legal resident). That's pretty normal.

But to actually get citizenship and the right to vote? Knowing the language is a must.
edit on 23-1-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: visitedbythem
When I went to the polls, I saw people who couldn't speak English. Im pretty sure they were illegals. I really couldn't believe it. It was hard to accept

Yeah, if you don't know the language you shouldn't be allowed to vote. Shouldn't be eligible for citizenship either.

I'm actually working on becoming a dual citizen of my wife's home country in Europe and that test will be completely done in their native language. That's normal most places. I can't show up and take a citizenship test in English in a non-English speaking country.

Should be the same here.

My neighbor doesn't speak a lick of English. But is able to acquire a home loan and purchase a house. Guess who won this state? Clinton.

I don't really mind that though.

I can legally and expect to be able to buy property in my wife's home country whether I'm a citizen or not(I will be a legal resident). That's pretty normal.

But to actually get citizenship and the right to vote? Knowing the language is a must.

So you don't fit citizenship and land ownership in the same category? I couldn't go down to Mexico or up to Canada and walk into a bank and expect to be eligible for a home loan. Or could I? Let's look this up and I'll get back to ya.

Eta:

You must either have or begin the process of obtaining a Mexican visa, opening a Mexican bank account and acquiring credit in Mexico.

Source
www.banderasnews.com...
Well, I guess language doesn't matter, but if the Mexican lenders don't speak English, I guess you're SOL and I highly doubt there's going to be resources available to a non Spanish speaking person to help me acquire the loan. Either way, I'm happy in the US and will not be looking to relocate anytime. 'Murika.

edit on 23-1-2017 by rollanotherone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Im not talking you personally, snarl. Im talking in broader term. Bigotry is mostly hidden from world view. Like domestic abuse. People live behind facades.

I know. I thought what I said in response to your post ... might help.

You see, bigotry is only half of the problem. The other half of the problem is the self-denial of our inherent differences. When we accept that we are different (that we are fundamentally different even), that we were NOT created equal, and we get over it ... then, and only then, can one truly begin to measure their personal value.

A black man showed me this when I was just a boy. He didn't teach me ... he showed me. I learned. Whether I was ever able to best him in value, I'll never know. And the point is: That doesn't matter.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Obviously a biased poll, if illegals had been included those in favor would have likely been around 24%

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Obviously a biased poll, if illegals had been included those in favor would have likely been around 24%

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm not sure why CA would want their schools overrun with horrid student to teacher ratios, ERs with 10 hour wait times, state bankruptcy, increased crime etc all for cheap illegal labor. Maybe 70% of CA do not use that type of labor but suffers from all the rest.

edit on 23-1-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
WE should not end sanctuary cities.
Sanctuary status should be mandatory for any zip code that went for clinton and has an average income over 75,000.
Share the wealth. A percent of property taxes would go directly to subsidizing section 8 housing for these immigrants.
Sanctuary cities banned everywhere's else and illegal immigrants will be deported outside of their sanctuary zip codes.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

That is exactly as it should be. Bravo! I wish you luck!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

earned prejudice is one thing. wearing sheets to your fraternal order meetings around a burning cross is more what im referring to.

Racism is unpopular enough that people who have not truly earned their prejudices can easily skirt being noticed by those around them. Once upon a time we enacted marijuana laws for this reason. It was an event laden with dog whistle terminology leaving no doubt to the motivation.

Not trying to invoke Godwins Law here, but i do get concerned when I see nationalism rise because it hides racism.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SFUSA

Aww socky go bye bye.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
When even a leftist cesspool like California recognizes the stupidity of sanctuary cities, it's well past time to end them.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Well, I hear Californians are the worst.. at least that's what I figured from frequenting ATS.

So, uhm.. incidentally. I am just too damned curious so I have to ask, this "BHO HEAVEN" of yours.. is that a reference to a certain kind of oil? If so, I'm really jealous over here.. Make the best of it and don't forget how good you have it.

Namo Amituofo.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Its a joke that they don't have these laws in place. You can clearly see the reasoning is so illegals and dead people can vote. It's pathetic. Not to mention, how in the hell is it racist. It's only racist in their eyes because it prevents illegals from voting. Illegals who dont happen to be Americans. If they say its racist it's because they know who it is targeting. If you don't have an ID you clearly shouldn't be allowed to vote.. common sense isn't so common apparently

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

January 25, 2017

From our new LEADER. This should make MOST Americans happy..

""President Trump is expected to sign an executive order as early as Wednesday cracking down on the more than 300 sanctuary cities, according to sources who spoke with Patch. The details of the order are reportedly still being worked out but could include withholding federal funds to those local governments that offer sanctuary to illegal immigrants.""

Source: patch.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I have been called a racist a million times here on ATS but I still do not think of myself as a racist either. I get along with people of all colours, I judge a person by their personality not the colour of their skin. With that said I do believe in racial differences simply because this is where the evidence is pointing, as I see it it's simply a natural consequence of evolution whether it is negligible or not - that's another discussion.

I also believe in collective characteristics of certain groups and stereotype accuracy, and that would include groups such as bikers or hillbillies. We need to let go of this idea that generalizing is inherently bad. People have gotten this thing so twisted over the years that apparently even the very idea of generalizing have negative connotations now. In reality it's just a useful tool, it only become a problem when people start judging individuals they meet unfairly according to some stereotype.

Many would think of me as racist because of this and yeah I understand it, it's understandable.. But I still don't consider myself a racist. So how am I to relate to this reality as I see it without being automatically labelled a racist? Let's say that racial differences really are real. How is a person supposed to relate to that? You see evidence of it but simply acknowledging this evidence will automatically get you labelled a racist. If it's really true then we're being labelled bigots and racists simply for believing in science. Or reality itself is just plain racist.. Which I suppose it is in a sense because there's really no equality to speak of in the kingdom of nature.

So, you know.. I hold these opinions but I don't give a crap if a person is black, brown or yellow. I believe in spirit, not flesh and I've been it all. Myself. Black, Asian, non human too. If you've seen me on here you've probably seen me complaining about Muslim immigration to Europe? Would it surprise you then to know that I have in fact had Muslim friends? Not so much any more as I'm far too much of a hermit lately but you would never think this from reading my posts.

A liberal would probably never accept me if they knew I believed in these things though. Which is understandable, I represent all evil in their eyes.. but to me, I'm just being scientific. I go where the evidence points despite the pressures of political expediency. To them(maybe to you too) I'm racist, but to myself I'm just a truth seeker.

So, you know.. you people can call me racist all you want but I'll still be bumping Thuggish Ruggish Bone.

I used to be down with the 5%'ers so I know all about the struggle. I eventually grew disillusioned by their racist view of white people though so now I'm with the Nordic Legion instead.. those Aryan dickhead aliens. We still have the same goals though.. the enlightenment of humanity through extreme collective catharsis and death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join