It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A house divided.........mine.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
She is victim of media exposure which is against Trump. For example i was away from facebook almost ten years and recently about time of elections i joined back to fb due my hobby of genealogy. I was stunned what i see in my flow.. so much hatred towards DT and one of the most loud one is Zuckerberg himself, he seem to post often and daily, hate towards DT, his wife also even went to march gainst DT .. and Washington Post journalists pure hate.. i have unfollowed ( never followed in first place but i believe Zuckerberg is using FB brainwashing people who use this platform ).

This goes on daily basis..

What i see is unethical, disgusting and just outrageous. No one should hate someone who has not done anything yet, be a victim of such a hate.
edit on 23-1-2017 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Plain & simple Madonna has portraited herself as a slut since her inception....not a woman I wanted my daughter modeling herself after. a reply to: Sillyolme

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I met my Sweety in 1977.
We've been married since 1981.
We have always voted democrat. Except for Jimmy Carter. OMG No. Then we voted Regan.
We share the same political views which is good because we disagree on a lot of other things lol.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

What's a slut?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Amen, brother!!a reply to: bobs_uruncle

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I never discuss my voting choice... Oh, we rip and tear up the candidates... But I've learned over the years...

At the end of election...and she asks "Did you vote today honey? "...I just smile and say "Yep! "...

Works out better.. For me at least!!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Buy you a dictionary. It's RANT THREAD.....no rhyme no reason a rant.MY RANT. There's plenty of left leaning forums for you to chime in on......please do.a reply to: Sillyolme

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ok guys, Ive got DR.appts today got to go....you all have a great day!! OYM1262

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Until she STFU???
Wow. I'd cry if I was your wife. Such disrespect.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Nope. Free country.

Hey Morgan Freeman portrayed a cop and Mark Harman portrayed a serial killer.
Does that make them enemies?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Our relationship is one of love & trust. But politics is something she's always been into...me not so much. Not till I married her. I actually told her" you created this in me" by getting me involved in the political process. a reply to: VinylTyrant

if it was me I would just tell her, baby, our life is better when we don't talk politics. Please, let's not fight over these people. They are not worth it. Lets talk about women's fashion, or something really interesting.

Right now we are discussing our wedding details. I'm immersed in floral arrangements... No arguments in floral arrangements, or women's fashion, for that matter.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I hear your pain and understand the situation .I have recently devised a planned response to the infuriated left mind set towards Trump . Now I am in Canada and it's just as strange here as it is inside the states as far as I can tell from the stories and comments I read .

So my liberal friend will use the Hitler comparison to Trump but not really because they will not discuss it but just like the label . I take it a step further and say well you know he actually could be the Anti-Christ .(highly unlikely) but we will say he is for argument's sake . He has a mission that can be charted inside the bible . Do you think it would be a good idea to stop the Anti-Christ seeing he needs to rise up in order for God to end this crazy world we live in . Not so much the world but the evil powers that run the world . They have their day coming and the sooner its over for them the better off the rest of us can live in peace . Just don't worship him and fall for his deception . That way you and yours can take a real close look at him to determine if its so .

Always make it more crazy and worse then they can imagine . If they are going to be afraid then give them the fear they seek . just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
How about this:

Here is a thought experiment. IF THIS IS HOW YOU SEE THINGS>>>HOW WOULD YOU FEEL? (Not saying you should agree with anything listed, but pretend this is how you frame our current reality for the sake of the experiment.)

You worked for years, fought for years to have the first step taken toward universal health care, equal pay for equal work, equal marriage rights and protections under the Constitution, clean energy to fight climate change and better the environment on many levels, and a whole long list of things that are very important to you and achieved a lot of major steps, imperfect as they were, despite the complete and total obnoxious obstruction, vilification, hatred, mocking, delegitimizing, etc., by the opposition.

Now you are watching the newly elected President and Ryan and McConnel gloat and give that really annoying smug smile over how they will make you and everything you believe in irrelevant. And will they do it in a respectful or even a thoughtful way? No.

They are coming in with a wrecking ball of irresponsible, destructive and incredibly short-sighted "repeal and ?" on the ACA because they didn't have the balls to make carefully thought out legislation (that the Reps were fully consulted about and given concessions regarding) work -- no, they used their power irresponsibly, and set the conditions THEMSELVES for the high premiums and did everything they could to kill it, no matter the good it did.

Why? Are they evil? Or is it just a way for them to get power? You don't know, all you know is that they are now preening like prom queens over their ability to set fire to everything you believe in.

They are holding up Goldman Sachs big bankers and all the people of the billionaire class who have NO idea what the hell they are doing in regards to social programs. So much for being against the folks that screwed us in 2008, right?

They've set things up nicely to be able to sell off National Forest land -- your land, my land, and who do you think will buy it?? The billionaire developers and mineral extractors and who will benefit? Not the people. Not the environment. Not anything you care about though some people might get some work out of it temporarily until the irreversible damage is done...

They are giving an oil tycoon the SOS job, a gift to Exxon and Putin.

They are like a tidal wave of darkness and ID swarming the government with lies and hubris.

And then there's the fact that he's a schoolyard bully, a womanizing, cheating mysoginistic jerk who rates women like items on a menu. And it is mind-blowing how all of this is somehow okay, somehow worthy of the Presidency and the Governing of our nation.

And how did it happen? With gerrymandering. With voter restrictions targeting with "surgical precision" minorities who tend to vote liberal. And the popular vote was won by a larger margin than many Presidencies by the woman who lost, by about 70,000 - 80,000 votes. Meanwhile, the new President acts like he has some sort of real mandate, and is in his own narcissistic world of self-aggrandizement and ego.

And maybe, just maybe, you've experience sexual assault, sexual harassment, and a hostile work environment or worse. Maybe this contributes to having your buttons pushed on this guy.

IF THAT IS HOW YOU SAW THINGS...

Tell me you wouldn't hate that? Tell me you wouldn't consider the smugness and gloating in the "punchable face" category?

All the rage and outright hatred toward Obama for 8 years on this site, and people suddenly don't get why people are being reactive to the Russian-sponsored new guy? Please.

Does that help?

- AB

edit on 23-1-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This election has changed a lot of people. Some for the good. Some for the bad.

I have changed, and I don't like how I have changed, but I have decided I would rather live with peace, so I bite my tongue, try to change the subject, or removed myself, as gracefully as I can, from the political conversation.

Outside of the virtual world, I do not talk partisan politics. Beating a dead horse makes you look stupid or mean. Beat it long enough, and it will soil you and all around you.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Been married longer. Just apologize.

Buy her flowers.

It's a fight you don't want to win.

2 cents.

Best advice ever

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Here is a thought experiment. IF THIS IS HOW YOU SEE THINGS>>>HOW WOULD YOU FEEL? (Not saying you should agree with anything listed, but pretend this is how you frame our current reality for the sake of the experiment.)

I understand what you are saying. I see the problem being that having people understand what you are feeling is asking them to accept what you believe, just because you think it or feel it, not because it is true.

I have heard many of the arguments that you have presented, and while what you are saying is true for you, some of it is not true for me and many others. I know you already know this and that you understand and accept the right of others to a different opinion, so we shouldn't get bogged down by unproductive and suffocating hate.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
DP???
edit on 23-1-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
How about this:

You worked for years, fought for years to have the first step taken toward universal health care, equal pay for equal work, equal marriage rights and protections under the Constitution, clean energy to fight climate change and better the environment on many levels, and a whole long list of things that are very important to you and achieved a lot of major steps, imperfect as they were, despite the complete and total obnoxious obstruction, vilification, hatred, mocking, delegitimizing, etc., by the opposition.

Now you are watching the newly elected President and Ryan and McConnel gloat and give that really annoying smug smile over how they will make you and everything you believe in irrelevant. And will they do it in a respectful or even a thoughtful way? No.

They are coming in with a wrecking ball of irresponsible, destructive and incredibly short-sighted "repeal and ?" on the ACA because they didn't have the balls to make carefully thought out legislation (that the Reps were fully consulted about and given concessions regarding) work -- no, they used their power irresponsibly, and set the conditions THEMSELVES for the high premiums and did everything they could to kill it, no matter the good it did.

Why? Are they evil? Or is it just a way for them to get power? You don't know, all you know is that they are now preening like prom queens over their ability to set fire to everything you believe in.

They are holding up Goldman Sachs big bankers and all the people of the billionaire class who have NO idea what the hell they are doing in regards to social programs. So much for being against the folks that screwed us in 2008, right?

They've set things up nicely to be able to sell off National Forest land -- your land, my land, and who do you think will buy it?? The billionaire developers and mineral extractors and who will benefit? Not the people. Not the environment. Not anything you care about though some people might get some work out of it temporarily until the irreversible damage is done...

They are giving an oil tycoon the SOS job, a gift to Exxon and Putin.

They are like a tidal wave of darkness and ID swarming the government with lies and hubris.

And then there's the fact that he's a schoolyard bully, a womanizing, cheating mysoginistic jerk who rates women like items on a menu. And it is mind-blowing how all of this is somehow okay, somehow worthy of the Presidency and the Governing of our nation.

And how did it happen? With gerrymandering. With voter restrictions targeting with "surgical precision" minorities who tend to vote liberal. And the popular vote was won by a larger margin than many Presidencies by the woman who lost, by about 70,000 - 80,000 votes. Meanwhile, the new President acts like he has some sort of real mandate, and is in his own narcissistic world of self-aggrandizement and ego.

And maybe, just maybe, you've experience sexual assault, sexual harassment, and a hostile work environment or worse. Maybe this contributes to having your buttons pushed on this guy.

IF THAT IS HOW YOU SAW THINGS...

Tell me you wouldn't hate that? Tell me you wouldn't consider the smugness and gloating in the "punchable face" category?

All the rage and outright hatred toward Obama for 8 years on this site, and people suddenly don't get why people are being reactive to the Russian-sponsored new guy? Please.

Does that help?

- AB

And that is their mistake...

If they are dumb enough to make big fast and destructive moves that personally hurt (not emotionally or figuratively) millions of people.

The backlash will be massive!!

Be glad they weren't smart enough to slow play their stuff. If you let a frog slowly boil in a pot of water, he will stay there and die, but if you heat the water too quickly he will jump out.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Look a little deeper into a real cause of the conflict. It may be you, personally, that she has a problem with and cannot let it directly out because it would led to severe consequences. Or it may be her that is the problem and she can't directly face that and it comes out in a hidden manner.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm Libertarian, my husband is more or less Indie, who voted Green this time. And you two think YOU have differences of opinion? XD

I've yet to figure out how couples are together so long, and are yet to figure out how to agree to disagree. It's not that hard. After casting our ballots and heading home, we nudged each other, "You voted for that stupid stoner, didn't you?" Me, nudging back, "Yeah. You voted for that ridiculous tree-hugger, didn't you? No sex for you tonight!" We laughed and went home (and had a grand time that night)
edit on 1/23/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join