It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Reporting. Secretary Sean Spicer Goes After Media.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Because he shouldn't be rich, as he's suppose to be POTUS. Conflict of interest otherwise.

It's not that the POTUS cannot be rich, it's that the POTUS cannot shape policy to enrich him or herself. Trump's history makes it clear that he intends to enrich himself, American interests be damned.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Because he shouldn't be rich, as he's suppose to be POTUS. Conflict of interest otherwise.

It's not that the POTUS cannot be rich, it's that the POTUS cannot shape policy to enrich him or herself. Trump's history makes it clear that he intends to enrich himself, American interests be damned.

Where do you get this information from, yourself? I would deem that the case.

He is a businessman, so he sure wished to 'enrich' himself sure. However that was his career, now his career has changed and regardless of him signing over his business (which he has) or not he still has taken on a position that aids him no end. He could have happily continued his life making bucket loads of cash but decided against that. America is already better off from his actions and that was before he was in office.

What planet are you on friend.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Trump has every right to stand up to the lies of the media.

The MSM is going to spend the next 4 years making up things in an attempt to sway public opinion against Trump.
They really want to win the next election, including the election 2 years from now.

I hope that Trump and Spicer continue to set the record straight.
The MSM can whine about it, but we, the public, deserve to hear the truth and not just what the MSM wants us to believe.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Where do you get this information from, yourself?

It's called the Constitution of the United States of America:

"No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

ARTICLE I, SECTION 9, CLAUSE 8

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

So if say Trump had businesses in the US and strengthen the US economy would result in improving his profit from businesses in the US he cannot according to you as president act in any way which strengthens the US economy since doing so would enrich him?

Just a hypothetical here.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

So if say Trump had businesses in the US and strengthen the US economy would result in improving his profit from businesses in the US he cannot according to you as president act in any way which strengthens the US economy since doing so would enrich him?

No, he can strengthen the economy, but he cannot divert taxpayer money into his own pockets at the expense of others. (That's not emolument, that's embezzlement.) Trump has businesses in countries where the government invests in his ventures. That is emolument.

Just a hypothetical here.

Not hypothetical. Some of Trump's overseas business partners are being investigated for corruption. Do you want a President who has to testify under oath in a foreign country because he is accused of fraud? I sure don't.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

"No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

and your point is? Those that took office before him had businesses and was never brought up. George bush got into office because of his dads ties with oil. Did anyone mention his families funds? No because he is a cracking figurehead for controlling elites because he is dumb as....

As I said, he signed over his businesses. He knows what he has to do, reason he is President of America and you and I are not.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
good job

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

and your point is? Those that took office before him had businesses and was never brought up. George bush got into office because of his dads ties with oil. Did anyone mention his families funds? No because he is a cracking figurehead for controlling elites because he is dumb as....

As I said, he signed over his businesses. He knows what he has to do, reason he is President of America and you and I are not.

Has he really signed over his businesses? Really? So far there's no evidence of that whatsoever. Sure, he said that he would, but there's no proof of it yet.
edit on 22-1-2017 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Did you see the White House press corps (or is it corpse) during the most recent press briefing from Sean Spicer? In less than one week, they are already getting burned out!

Donald Trump is doing so much, so fast, that many of them are having BRAIN LOCK. Particularly those who sit close to the front of the room.. the "seasoned" reporters. (Helen Thomas was super, back in the day.)

-cwm

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join