It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The people's voice was not heard

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Trump lost the popular vote by 2+ million votes so how can Trump supporters honestly say that the American people were heard when he had less Americans vote for him than Hillary? Why is this fact completely ignored or blown off by his supporters? If the people's voice really was heard then Hillary would be getting inaugurated tomorrow, not Trump.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't like Hillary anymore than Trump but it's so annoying hearing people say the American people won when that clearly isn't the case when you look at the numbers.

Trump supporters were crying about a rigged election all the way up until he was announced the winner by way of the electoral college. Why couldn't it have been rigged in Trump's favor? Because he was your guy? That's not very logical and reeks of cognitive dissonance and bias.

So again, how were the people's voices heard when more people voted for the loser than the winner? Stop saying that the American people were heard because the popular vote says otherwise.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
And please don't say I'm salty because I had no dog in this race, I'm just pointing out facts from the sideline.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Because apparently California isn't a part of the United States anymore. I dunno. Trump supporter rhetoric rarely makes sense to me.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

2 million votes in California, where 10 million illegal immigrants are encouraged to vote.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm not a Trump fan. I'm not a HRC fan. But both candidates knew the rules of the election prior to any votes being cast. In the USA, the president is elected via the electoral college. We don't use the popular vote.

The way that people express their voice regarding who should be president is via voting that then results in electoral college votes. There is no other means by which a US citizen can express their voice for the presidency. Ergo, within the electoral college system, their voices were "heard." If that even means anything.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You guys have beat that horse to dust.

The electoral college chooses the president. That's why both trump and Hillary ran their campaigns to secure enough to votes to win.
Trump was barely in California because he knew it was a lost cause.

Had the popular vote chosen the president their campaigns would have been completely different.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

If the election was based off of the popular vote then campaigning would be much different. But it isn't so campaigning is done strategically to garner the most electoral votes.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So people in Iwoa don't have to live under Liberals.

It was brilliantly designed before my home State existed.

Some times it works for you some times it does not.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

2 million votes in California, where 10 million illegal immigrants are encouraged to vote.

this right here.
Is it really that many?

I'd be curious to see real numbers, but considering cali isn't even close to the only place that lets non citizens vote in citizen matters, my guess is that the 2 million dependency is a larf.

Let's fix how voting works so only citizens can vote- I bet we'd see a very different story.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Where is your proof that illegals were the cause for Hillary's popular vote win? Or is that just pure conjecture on your part?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Then stop saying the American people won because the American people voted Hillary. I don't have any beef with the electoral college, I have beef with Trump supporters saying something that is clearly false.
edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Ok,
The states won, the cities lost.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

How can you deny the american people won?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

The popular vote.
edit on 1/19/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You are 100% correct.

60 million voters should have remained silent just like the millions that didn't vote at all.

And California should in fact run the entire Nation.

Problem is, the Constitution is *STILL* in print.

2016 solidified the Electoral system.

Mob rule is not allowed in a Presidential election.

Mob rule prevails in State and Local elections only.

Velcome to Amerika.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
a reply to: FauxMulder

The popular vote.

Give it a break already. You guys are so desperate its ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You lost.

Get over it.

Try again in 4 years and next put a candidate up that is electable!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Why does it have to bear repeating that we don't elect presidents by the popular vote?

Why should it matter that 2 million more people in California voted for Hillary? That's not how this works.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This country is a combination of many states, all having some rights as to the election of the president. The majority of the people in most states voted for trump. States with more people are given more votes with the electoral college for a reason, that is because we cannot have a small amount of states dictating the rest of us. Our electoral college was put there for a reason, to equalize our voting rights.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I didn't have a dog in this fight either to the extent that I was never ever going to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I voted Libertarian as a purely strategic vote hoping to empower a third party and thus thwart some of the power of the two major parties. So I lost on all counts! But I always knew that was a possibility -- more like a probability.

Likewise, I know that the electoral college always wins. Usually the popular vote does as well, but not always. Those are the rules of the game. And I don't have a problem with that, because I understand and appreciate the value of a Republic over a Democracy, with the electoral college serving that same purpose.

I do have a big problem with our election integrity though, on several levels, and have for a very long time. I was one of the few people who cheered Jill Stein's election recount efforts for that very reason. And I'm as sure as I can be that Team Hillary cheated in this election, and many previous elections, in many ways. So I question the accuracy of the popular vote, and therefore I truly don't know if she even really won the popular vote.

In any event, Trump will be our next president. No need to borrow trouble and chase shadows when we'll find out soon enough what exactly he's going to do, and we can fight reality if necessary and appropriate. I'm dreading the worst, but hoping and praying for the best, and expecting a combination of the best and the worst and everything in between. Pretty much just like every other president.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join