It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Police Body Cameras Will Be Off For Inauguration Protests

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well, considering how so many of us complain that the police resist using body cams, now we have the ACLU fighting to make sure they do not. Sorry, I do find this kind of strange since there is sure to be surveillance everywhere, at least at wide angles and from distance and of course the .gov can process all the social media videos so the protesters will not be anonymous. The only thing I can think of is the ACLU doesn't want the police recording "what is in their face" and the verbal assaults to come.

What do you think?

News video at the link:

Why DC Police Body Cameras Will Be Off as Officers Monitor Inauguration Protests
www.nbcwashington.com...

Civil rights groups are taking steps to ensure police respect the constitutional rights of demonstrators at the presidential inauguration. News 4's Mark Segraves reports on why D.C. police officers' body cameras often will be off, and how citizens will be able to record the officers.

Looks like a nice set-up or is it just me? Threats like this and no body cams to catch it until the response.

dailycaller.com...

Inauguration Protesters Want To ‘Instill Terror In Police For Violating People’s Rights’

The DisruptJ20 protest coalition hosted a breakout meeting for the organization known as Cop Watch, a group that trains protesters to observe and record law enforcement activity for the purpose of accusing officers of police brutality.

“So we don’t want to cultivate a relationship between us and the police where they respect our rights. We want to instill terror in the police of violating people’s rights. And the best way to make this happen is to allow them to violate our rights and then to hit them back with legal consequences and publicity so that bad things happen to them when they do that,” a trainer from Cop Watch told meeting attendees.

edit on 17-1-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

For those who can not watch the video.
bluelivesmatter.blue...

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Protecting Civil Rights my ass.
I think the problem here is that Liberals don't want to be seen trying to intimidate and antagonize police,Trump supporters and those who are attending. They don't want to be seen using the same tactics they used at Trump rallies. They can start the BS, but let anyone stand up to them and it's going to be a whine and lawsuit fest.
I'm sure there will be plenty of Trump supporters there with cameras to monitor them.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I take your post and raise you THIS

Some sketchy (and dare I say Loser) players are going to "try" something that I believe will fail. Based on the link I provided I am starting to consider some of those in the outgoing administration part of the group of Losers.

If you want my personal prediction (which I know nobody asked for).... the Inauguration will go off without a hitch.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Something is trying to go down... Not that long ago evidently DC police found a small weapons cache in DC Park. This story mentions Russian intelligence saying there's a US deep state plot to assassinate Trump at the inauguration.
www.fox5dc.com...

Link with mention of Russian intelligence saying there was a deep state plot. link

And just today I believe a twitter user hacked Al Sharptons website refusefascism.org and got a ton of stuff on bussing in protesters and a map of weapons caches, tax responses from lawyers.. One of the points marked was DC Park. (@midnightride20): twitter.com...

Still trying to verify everything. Feel free to run with this angle. Probably warrants it's own thread.

New article kind of laying out the "hack". Evidently the server was unsecured. No mention of the map but it worries me that there is still stashes of guns out there.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

edit on 17-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
No NO Noooooooo. One of the biggest things that conservatives scream bloody hell about is the surveillance state. The liberals here are acting for all of us. The police will have the cameras off unless of until they are in action according to the video. so yeah, big deal. Sure there is wide visual coverage of this event, as absolutely well there should be.

The liberals are right here. Those cameras should be off because they have noting to do with the inauguration. The plan is a peaceful political protest, one of the most cherished rights of every citizen. It's that simple. Undo surveillance.

BUT The moment an officer goes into action mode, bOOM that camera goes on and let anybody who wants to sort out the mess later do it. Who did what, who said what who provoked who WHO GIVES A CRAP. Oh yea, the morons who will pour over all the examples to prove their points for the next two or three years.

It's all bogus. Stupid liberals and stupid conservatives screaming at them how stupid they are.

Right now I think, and I don't know cuz I don't run in those cirelce, but I bettcha that right now the powers that be are all wagering on how many people will fall on Friday. How many protestors, how many cops, how many innocent bystancers.

I bettcha their betting. Grow up people.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

The plan is a peaceful political protest, one of the most cherished rights of every citizen.

Hey, if you say so. But should we blame you when it isn't? Vouching for these groups, heh.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
America is already great.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Some sketchy (and dare I say Loser) players are going to "try" something that I believe will fail. Based on the link I provided I am starting to consider some of those in the outgoing administration part of the group of Losers.

If you want my personal prediction (which I know nobody asked for).... the Inauguration will go off without a hitch.

Funny how obama hasn't called for these idiots to suck it up.

Goes both ways. Chump fell down and cracked his head.

I saw it.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This, along with the National Guard shuffle... is making me wonder what's going on behind the scenes. Oddly reminiscent of 9/11 with the lack of surveillance and confusion within the Air Force.

edit on 17-1-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
No NO Noooooooo. One of the biggest things that conservatives scream bloody hell about is the surveillance state. The liberals here are acting for all of us. The police will have the cameras off unless of until they are in action according to the video. so yeah, big deal. Sure there is wide visual coverage of this event, as absolutely well there should be.

The liberals are right here. Those cameras should be off because they have noting to do with the inauguration. The plan is a peaceful political protest, one of the most cherished rights of every citizen. It's that simple. Undo surveillance.

BUT The moment an officer goes into action mode, bOOM that camera goes on and let anybody who wants to sort out the mess later do it. Who did what, who said what who provoked who WHO GIVES A CRAP. Oh yea, the morons who will pour over all the examples to prove their points for the next two or three years.

It's all bogus. Stupid liberals and stupid conservatives screaming at them how stupid they are.

Right now I think, and I don't know cuz I don't run in those cirelce, but I bettcha that right now the powers that be are all wagering on how many people will fall on Friday. How many protestors, how many cops, how many innocent bystancers.

I bettcha their betting. Grow up people.

Cool, that's my mom getting her squash mashed.

My dad took 4 beanbags to the face and they say he can recover 20% of movement in his body on his right side.

We have a history of radical protesting.

I'm gonna get shot next time!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I'm not.giving them my email address just so I can read an article, care to elaborate what THIS is please? I'm sure I won't be alone in this.

I find it really suspicious the body cams will be off, they didn't fight that very much...
edit on 17/1/17 by djz3ro because: I realised I asked my question in the wrong post...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm not vouching for anyone. The place will most likely be a mess. But the principle is sound. Were Clinton the winner, one would expect conservatives to show up and protest, and they would also say their protests would be peaceful. That illusion of 'right's must be protected until the word 'peaceful goes out the door. And sure, who knows what kind of stuff will go on when they are off. But you know, and I know generally how this all could go down.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the obvious tinfoil CT slant yet.

That being, what if there's a pro-Trump co conspirator within the org who jockeyed for this, to get cams shut off in effort to reduce the odds available video of because there's a set-up aimed at said protestors? And if jamming tech's deployed when live streams start, you know who's really drumming up the trouble.

It's a long shot, and I don't really buy it myself, but putting it in here since everyone forgot to mention the possible OMG plot twist. I thought this was a CT site?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If I read that right, your saying that they want the body cams off so that they can provide some measure of a false flag on the protesters?

If that is your assertion, I would counter with the fact that should anything like that happen there will be plenty of protesters with their own camera phones.

If I read that wrong...disregard.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

If I read that right, your saying that they want the body cams off so that they can provide some measure of a false flag on the protesters?

If that is your assertion, I would counter with the fact that should anything like that happen there will be plenty of protesters with their own camera phones.

If I read that wrong...disregard.

Yeah, a FF set-up is what I was getting at. Highly unlikely, and I don't agree with the cams not being on regardless. They serve as a measure of ensuring both protestors and police behave reasonably, lest they get caught red-handed pulling something drastic.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Certainly wouldn't say it is impossible but highly unlikely. Cameras literally everywhere even if the PD can not keep theirs on until "active."

I hope it goes off without a hitch and everyone goes home safe and sound.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Just look at the URL when you hover over the link.

...washingtonpost...commanding-general-of-dc-national-guard-to-be-removed-from-post

Basically, Trump has been in the process of replacing all Obama appointees, and the General of the DC National Guard is a Presidential appointee position; so, the current General has been put on notice that he'll be done leading the DC National Guard on inauguration day, just like numerous other Obama appointees losing their current positions, when the transition to Trump occurs.
edit on 1/17/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You said "The plan is a peaceful political protest".

Says who?

What I've been seeing implies that's not the intention. And look at the year this is all riding in on.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I don't think this is such a big deal. But it's interesting that it's being made into one.

Every inch of D.C. is closely monitored by camera and various other sensors and detectors. Nothing is happening without law enforcement knowing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join