It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President elect Trump and his Twitter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I voted for him. I am hopeful that he can do some positive things for the US in the next few years. I like the optimism shown by the representatives in the real world. So things do look like they are moving in a positive direction.

But the stupid bait tweets need to stop. I like the way he tweets things to the people, bypassing the need for the press to "interpret" what he meant or said. But he is about to be the president of the US. He is held to a MUCH, MUCH higher standard. When a member of congress says something out of line, you don't respond with en equally stupid retort, you let it slide for the moment, then use it as an example of idiotic things to say at a later time. You have to learn how not to get trolled. And yes, it really is important.

When Kim Jong Ill make a comment about your little hands, you don't give him the dignity of a response. (just an example) It's something all public figures learn. Trump has been in the public long enough to know that's how most do it. And sure he has had the good fortune to always get free press when he does or says something crass. But at this point, he will get press coverage just for walking outside. No stupid comments needed.

So in conclusion, it's my wish that Donald J. Trump would stop being such an easy target. Stop getting "triggered", and start being professional.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
So in conclusion, it's my wish that Donald J. Trump would stop being such an easy target. Stop getting "triggered", and start being professional.

It would be nice if that happened, but what is he? 69? You think a man heading into his seventh decade is going to have an epiphany and suddenly change his habits?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

OMG! Network dude! You made me so happy with just the first half of your OP!!

But the stupid bait tweets need to stop. I like the way he tweets things to the people, bypassing the need for the press to "interpret" what he meant or said. But he is about to be the president of the US. He is held to a MUCH, MUCH higher standard. When a member of congress says something out of line, you don't respond with en equally stupid retort, you let it slide for the moment, then use it as an example of idiotic things to say at a later time. You have to learn how not to get trolled. And yes, it really is important.

THANK YOU. .......
yes, it really is important.

His social maturity is really very sketchy. "Presidential behavior" =/= Trump.

And Kellyanne is like an annoying Valley Girl with her simpy voice and insipid eye-rolling and interrupting. They are clowns. She DOES look like she was is an ice-bucket challenge, every day!

edit on 1/15/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Oh, by the way, OP -- how about Paul Ryan's statement that the mass deportation is ALSO a no-go. Or rather, a "never-really-was." Like "lock her up" - was never gonna happen.

The wall? We'll see.
I don't want to pitch in. I did that with the banks. He can pay for his stupid wall all by his big-boy self.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

His tweets are akin to our very own Mud Put. All he's does is either attack people or praise Putin.

I can't believe you voted in a reality tv personality and think he'll make things better. He's a walking disaster and he's gonna take us all down with him.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
anyway, quick final note:

President elect Trump and his Twit..er...

would have been a perfect subtitle....

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

His tweets are akin to our very own Mud Put. All he's does is either attack people or praise Putin.

I can't believe you voted in a reality tv personality and think he'll make things better. He's a walking disaster and he's gonna take us all down with him.

I can't believe anyone even entertained the idea to vote for the criminal, so there is that.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It would be nice if that happened, but what is he? 69? You think a man heading into his seventh decade is going to have an epiphany and suddenly change his habits?

I agree, but he wasn't about to hold the highest title in the US in any of his past 69 years. It would be like you taking a swing at your CEO. If you swept floors, there wouldn't be a whole lot to loose, but today, not so much. But the sound of it, you might be the damn CEO before long.

And then we can all talk about that Globalist Augustus.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Oh, by the way, OP -- how about Paul Ryan's statement that the mass deportation is ALSO a no-go. Or rather, a "never-really-was." Like "lock her up" - was never gonna happen.

The wall? We'll see.
I don't want to pitch in. I did that with the banks. He can pay for his stupid wall all by his big-boy self.

On that, I think it's a really good example of how Trumps words were skewed by the MSM. He actually did say exactly what Ryan is saying. Deport the criminals and gang members, and not bother the good folks.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I agree, but he wasn't about to hold the highest title in the US in any of his past 69 years. It would be like you taking a swing at your CEO. If you swept floors, there wouldn't be a whole lot to loose, but today, not so much.

Well, I give pretty much everyone the benefit of the doubt so we will know by next Monday if he changed his Twitter paradigm or not.

But the sound of it, you might be the damn CEO before long.

And then we can all talk about that Globalist Augustus.

Working on it. Give me a couple of weeks.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

yes, he did. NOW.

But when he was asking for your vote? What did he say at that time? Or about locking up Clinton? Also not going to happen. Mexico is NOT going to pay for that wall......he IS going to keep parts of the ACA ------

do you see? What he told you when he was CAMPAIGNING (stumping -- comes from the olden days when politicians would stand on tree stumps in public areas to address the crowds.....like "soapbox") was a pack of pandering lies.....saying whatever came to his head and got the people fired up. He claimed he was going to round up and deport EVERYONE (nope), he said lots of things just like a good psychopath knows to do. They put on a show of what they think real humans expect to see, and pretend to 'feel' what normal people really feel.

He has reneged ALREADY on nearly everything that got his supporters all gauzy-eyed and delirious.....
because he is an American Psycho. A person utterly unable to really, really feel anything at all about what he says or does.....
no remorse, no admission of guilt, no backing up of his claims or rhetoric....

how could you trust him?
It makes me so sad.

edit on 1/15/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

But, you knew he was a snake when you took him in?

My condolences - I'm sorry

That was sincere

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I can't believe you voted in a reality tv personality and think he'll make things better.

It's better than voting in a warmonger

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Trump hits back. The idea that he should let the unscrupulous tarnish his name without defence is ridiculous, but not only that, people are taking his tweets so seriously that it effects the markets and currencies. If this is the case, it might be time for everyone to get off twitter for a while.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I thought EVERYONE here illegally are breaking the law, and therefore criminals...

I read that here a LOT on ats. change of heart?

edit on 15-1-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2017 by knoxie because: spelling, ugh.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo

I can't believe you voted in a reality tv personality and think he'll make things better.

It's better than voting in a warmonger

what?

He wants to make the military big and bad and shiny and modern ----- and start fixing up our nukes and so on....

that's not a warmonger?

Bush/Cheney et al are responsible for ALL of this.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

He wants to make the military big and bad and shiny and modern ----- and start fixing up our nukes and so on....

that's not a warmonger?

Having a strong military is not war mongering. Using said military is.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm a proponent of non-proliferation. I understand that our own troops are fewer and equipment-poor....but building bigger walls and making bigger tanks and ramping up nuclear stuff is NEVER A POSITIVE THING. It is by its very nature negative.

The West squawks about North Korea and Chinese artificial Islands and Iran and everybody else who has bigger guns.

Will we as a race EVER be able to just agree to disagree and leave each other alone?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

I thought EVERYONE here illegally are breaking the law, and therefore criminals...

I read that here a LOT on ats. change of heart?

I firmly believe that, and if you don't, then you aren't very good at understanding laws and the term "ILLEGAL immigrant".
The way into this country is through proper channels. I believe that part should be fixed to make it easier, but I am not in control of that.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

yes, he did. NOW.

But when he was asking for your vote? What did he say at that time? Or about locking up Clinton? Also not going to happen. Mexico is NOT going to pay for that wall......he IS going to keep parts of the ACA ------

do you see? What he told you when he was CAMPAIGNING (stumping -- comes from the olden days when politicians would stand on tree stumps in public areas to address the crowds.....like "soapbox") was a pack of pandering lies.....saying whatever came to his head and got the people fired up. He claimed he was going to round up and deport EVERYONE (nope), he said lots of things just like a good psychopath knows to do. They put on a show of what they think real humans expect to see, and pretend to 'feel' what normal people really feel.

He has reneged ALREADY on nearly everything that got his supporters all gauzy-eyed and delirious.....
because he is an American Psycho. A person utterly unable to really, really feel anything at all about what he says or does.....
no remorse, no admission of guilt, no backing up of his claims or rhetoric....

how could you trust him?
It makes me so sad.

“What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, where a lot of these people, probably 2 million, it could be even 3 million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate,” Trump told "60 Minutes” correspondent Lesley Stahl, according to a preview of the interview released by CBS. “But we’re getting them out of our country. They’re here illegally.”

link to source

This is what I heard the very first time he said it. If you have a different version, please share the link.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join