It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare Replacement Bill Discussion - Rand Paul is Getting The Ball Rolling.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Saturday, January 14, 2017

Late this evening, U.S. Senator Rand Paul notified Twitter followers that the official Replacement for the Affordable Care Act, is being formulated, and will begin to be unveiled this coming week. The bill is titled the "ObamaCare Replacement Act". Looks like a combo Repeal/Replace to me.

At TheHill.com is a "teaser" image of page #1 of the bill: thehill.com...

Latest Updates at Rand Paul's official Twitter Feed here: twitter.com...

QUESTION: Is this THE bill that will ultimately repeal/replace ObamaCare, or.. is Rand Paul simply putting forth HIS bill? In other words, will there be Repeal/Replace Bills from other Senators...thereby dragging this process out, while they argue and negotiate?

-CareWeMust

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Healthcare is the one thing this country needs to SOCIALIZE. The healthcare issue really is a joke when you look at the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Maybe a component of this Bill will be SOCIALIZED medicine? Let's just hope that the Republicans know what's in the Bill, before its ultimate passage into law. According to Nancy Pelosi in 2009, Democrats didn't know what was in the Affordable Care Act (aka "ObamaCare") until after it became the law of the land.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Let's just hope RP doesn't mess up

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

With today's modern tech that is in fact being suppressed, I believe a lot of health problems will be cured, as Donald Trump said in his speeches and rallies. It will really save this country a lot of money. Things that could be cured are costing way too much. If he doesn't keep his word, I will feel very bad about what I said, and even worse that he lied - if he did. I think if he can pull it off, he will be remembered for generations to come.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

With today's modern tech that is in fact being suppressed, I believe a lot of health problems will be cured, as Donald Trump said in his speeches and rallies. It will really save this country a lot of money. Things that could be cured are costing way too much. If he doesn't keep his word, I will feel very bad about what I said, and even worse that he lied - if he did. I think if he can pull it off, he will be remembered for generations to come.

WHAT, exactly, will save this country a lot of money? There is no plan as of yet, yett you still think it will save a lot of money.

Typical of the Trump followers.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Healthcare is the one thing this country needs to SOCIALIZE. The healthcare issue really is a joke when you look at the rest of the world.

I think America should have a public option and a private market.

People should be able to pick and the two systems could keep each other honest.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

I personally am completely against privatized medical care. Healthcare education should be cost-free, and healthcare should be completely socialized.

My mate in Aussie summed it up nice once;
"I have a contract with my government, I work and make them money, and in return when I get sick they get me healthy so I can go back to work making money for them"

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

It's amazing how they can work less than any employee in the country, but their benefits are never in question. What makes republicans so protective of the rich.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

How will health care problems be cured? What exactly do you mean. Name five health problems. Do you have a link? Please get some facts together before posting!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

WHAT, exactly, will save this country a lot of money? There is no plan as of yet, yett you still think it will save a lot of money.

There are many plans being put on the table
Typical of your posts
Need tissue as your Imperious Leader is gonna leave office with no legacy and be forgotten in the annals of history ?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I would love the idea of socialized healthcare except for one thing:

I don't want to be told what I must put in my family's body.

If it weren't for that caveat, I would agree.

Healthcare should the ultimate responsibility of the individual for that reason alone. Insurance should be completely thrown out as that is exactly what makes healthcare so crappy and unaffordable for so many.

I hate insurance and the people who profit off of those who get nothing in return for their money. I hate insurance and its proponents because they always profit and deny even the most necessary of claims. I hate the idea of government telling us what we need when a medical professional that is not beholden to law, pharmaceutical companies, or business boards would be much more equipped to provide individual care.

I say all paws off. I don't go to the doctor for check ups for this reason. I must be informed by an unbiased individual when I feel that I am not doing well.

While medical professionals are individuals that are trying to do well, they're also trying to keep their jobs. I've been told to my face, "I hate this part, but I have to keep my job so I can help others."

THAT is proof that doctors need to be free from puppet masters. They're smart people, most of them. But the body of knowledge is so vast and so significant and so dynamic... How can they have time to have all the right knowledge while constantly answering to those who have no idea of the human body and its complex necessity?

The idea of socialized healthcare is beautiful, if the money was provided with the statement, "Do only as your knowledge and your conscience dictate, and do no harm, and respect your patients."

That's never going to happen. When government gives money, or gives a break, they demand -something- in return.

And the fact I say They instead of We is simply more evidence of a greater issue in oversight.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
January 15, 2017

Here's an excerpt of what Senator Rand Paul said during his first public overview of the ObamaCare Replacement bill this morning. (I don't know why he chose to appear on FAKE NEWS CNN, but it is what it is...)

""On Sunday, Paul gave a preview and argued that in requiring insurers to offer more robust plans, Obamacare drove up prices and pushed people out of the market.

"One of the key reforms that we will do is, we're going to legalize the sale of inexpensive insurance," he said. "That means getting rid of the Obamacare mandates on what you can buy. We are going to help people save through health savings accounts, as well as a tax credit."

Those less expensive options, which were prevalent on the market before the 2010 reform was signed into law, would offer less robust care but also, as supporters argue, be more neatly tailored to what consumers view to be their specific needs.

Under Paul's program, the bargaining power created by the state and federal exchanges would be replaced with a provision that allows individuals and associations like small businesses to create their own markets.

"There's no reason why (a business owner) with four employees shouldn't be able to join with hundreds and hundreds of other businesses that are small to become a large entity to get leverage to bring your prices down," Paul told Tapper.
He added that those negotiations with insurance companies could also be used to guarantee the availability of policies that "can't cancel you and guarantees the issue of the insurance even if you get sick.""

Full Story: www.cnn.com...

-cwm

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

It's amazing how they can work less than any employee in the country, but their benefits are never in question. What makes republicans so protective of the rich.

Republicans understand that the rich are who pays the non-rich?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

So that is the reason?

ETA. The anger this last election was about the rich then, not getting fair treatment.
edit on 15-1-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Typical of liberals.
edit on 15-1-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Hi Reldra, again! How are you today?

If Donald Trump wants to promote things like Dr. Burzynski's anti-neoplastin cancer cure (may become more available) that would certainly help things! Without having to FORCE patients to undergo the cut and burn of radiation in extreme amounts (current FDA protocol), which has a 3 to 5% survival rate, AT BEST! Right now there are 4 candidate cures for Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes! Diabetes costs Medicare +300 billion a year for inadequate "treatment" of the disease with GMO insulin that lacks C-Peptide. Read Insulin: A Voice For Choice if you want to know more about that (how insulin lacks C-Peptide, and is NOT Pro-Insulin and IS NOT BIOIDENTICAL like the try to lie and tell us). If he can pull it off, maybe even someone you know will be healed. I hope it is so. For my sake, and any of the sick friends you may have.

I will plainly say that I don't agree with our President Elect on a number of particular issues, but if he can accomplish this miracle, then all of my prayers will be answered. I have lived with Type 1 diabetes for all of my memory. I have almost died from complications like seizures many times. At least I found a medication that helped with those, as well as giving me the hypoglycemia awareness as I needed. I won't be to specific, but I'm sure you can guess!

If he doesn't keep his word on that ONE THING, the curing disease thing-then he is a liar, and he will go down in history to me as a continuation of what we have had with Reagan/Bush SR./Bush/Bill Clinton/Obama/etc.. He has had a message against the globalists. If his message is true, then he will be my hero. Otherwise, I will be the FIRST ONE on ATS to be critical of him. I know a lot of Presidents don't keep their word on things they "plan to do during their administration of the USA". Truly getting people free of disease, and getting this country back to 3rd or 4th in health in the world (like it was in 1914 before the Great Depression) will Make America Great Again. Curing disease will provide many new jobs, and endocrinologists will not be replaced! They will still need to help other people that we don't have a cure for yet!

I just hope you are wrong about Donald Trump, Reldra. I hope in a couple years from now, he will have helped me and possibly someone you know and love. If he turns out to be "just another globalist clone" working for the likes of S0R0S or the R0TH$HI3LDS, then I will gladly give up ANY hope for my beloved USA!

edit on 1/15/2017 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The very idea of depriving human beings of health care because the Health Industry economics makes it impossible for the average American to afford good health care is barbaric and evil.

Moreover, bad politics eventually so the GOP is struggling to replace the ACA on the cheap...

Unfortunately, most of the GOP are evil and barbaric therefore a bill will be hard to get because most of them don’t even want to provide good health care for the poor.

Kudos to the Democrats for at least trying to provide for the American people, although because the GOP didn’t want to do it caused for a flawed bill in 2009.

In this case Trump is right the parties should come together and for the sake of the American people compromise and get a better plan that the CA

The problem though lies with the GOP who don’t really care much about average Americans

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

There are a host of cures waiting. Look at the cancer cure I mentioned above. Look up the FDA protocol for "being eligible for that treatment". FDA REQUIRES intense radiation "therapy" before one is "eligible for this treatment", which in my book radiation (cut, then BURN) has been strictly proven ineffective at curing the disease, without ALSO causing death in MANY cases!

Sernova.com has a cell-pouch "cure" for diabetes. There is one other company that has a cell-pouch. Both of these companies are working on products (medical devices) that will house cells and protect them from the auto-immune attack, and do things like produce insulin for diabetics who cannot. Then we have things like Dr. Denise Faustman who can actually use the BCG vaccine combined with a peptide to reverse many cases of type 1 diabetes. That is at Massachusetts General Hospital right here in the USA. She's been trying to raise money for medical trials for 15 YEARS! Still not there, and she only needs a couple million dollars to prove the dosage that CURES the illness. The money that big-pharma generates in taxes doesn't compare to the money that people being cured will generate!

There are many drug products and candidates that don't just treat the symptom. I didn't give links, but there's enough info in my post above that if any of those treatments do work, it COULD save America 1 TRILLION dollars or more every year in medical expenses, and get people back to work - that haven't suffered badly enough from the complications of their illnesses, that they can work.

Like I said in my last post. If Mr. Trump doesn't keep his word, then he's just another globalist clone that means ZERO to me, and will make me try to flee this country. If he keeps his word, he will Make America Great Again.

I have my doubts about it, especially since the 2nd meeting that the President Elect had with the globalist H3NRY K1ss1nger! Let us hope that he doesn't turn out to be another clone. I tend to think that he loves his country, even though he is not perfect-as no one is.

I would have voted for Bernie Sanders, but he sent all of his support in the wrong direction. Donald Trump was the only one who promised Cures and Jobs (rebuilt factories, mines, etc.) to the people. If he doesn't come through, I am thinking of trying to find a way to move to Spain or Portugal or possibly Thailand, because I hear that Thailand has a cure for type one diabetes, and it wouldn't be to difficult to get it by any of the listed countries.

With all of the millions of big-pharma donations that Hillary, Johnson, and others got I couldn't vote for them. There would be no change with them in power. This is my last shot at having hope for the country I was born in, and truly LOVE!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The thing I want to hear Rand Paul talk about is the CHRONIC diseases that CAN be CURED! That's what I'm waiting for. Not this thing he said before he wrote the 21st Century Cures Act, about "curing RARE diseases"! I will say that I have been in communication with him over the years, and WE GRILLED him about wanting to "only cure the rare diseases". If the more common diseases get cured, it will make people's lives better - and Make America Great Again.

We will see what happens as he unveils the rest of the bill. If there isn't something that links back to the 21st Century Cures Act, or at least law that provides for SIDESTEPPING THE FDA and CURING DISEASES, then he is just another charlatan. I have noticed that the 2nd biggest donor to RAND PAUL is BIG-PHARMA. That doctor had better get diseases cured, or he is just another big-pharma shill doctor taking donations from the people making money off of suffering.

We will see how this all plays out. If I don't see diseases getting cured within the next 4 years, and a country without wars that are not needed, then I will try to flee-if there is any way that is possible-at that time.

We all have one thing in common that we can agree on here. We all want life, liberty, happiness, and the Pursuit of Freedom. The cost of those 4 has been going up as time goes on. Those should be human rights, but we have to fight for those. The stronger the fight, the more preservation of what was originally intended will be preserved. GIVE US LIBERTY AND FREEDOM (FROM DISEASE ESPECIALLY!) OR GIVE US DEATH!!!! (DEATH we will oppose vehemently).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join