It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You would think Asians would know Rice, right? Very disappointed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: IAMTAT

They say it can take a lifetime to master the sacred art.....

You are wise.
Flung Pu can be lethal at any distance...depending on how much Basmati rice you eat.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have usually have both quality aged Basmati and top shelf Japanese rice.

Which one is better depends on what you are eating with it.

Indian dishes and Western dishes go better with Basmati and fluffy rice, while Japanese/Asian dishes go better w Japanese rice.

BTW nothing costs more that top-shelf Japanese rice.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Why did you feel the need to inform us of your religion? Does that have any relevance to this thread?

I'm 6 feet tall and if you don't prefer Gatorade over powerade, you're just wrong.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yo, I be thinkin' dis thread be 'bout red beans 'N rice, know what I'm sayin' dawg...

Where da fried chicken be at??? I needs me some waffles too, ah-ite??

Piece out.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
people like you is the reason I'm learning kung fu in the first place

Kung Fu will not save you from people like me. A Desert Eagle point five zero might do the trick. Might.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LOL...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissingRUnext

originally posted by: gunshooter
well this is a borderline racist thread we've got going here, isn't it?

Oh here we go a Hilary supporter

As usual wanting censoring of food and culture

I think the funniest thing about your post is that you called me a Hillary supporter, which I'm very far from. I think its hilarious how peoples ignorance shines through with the "You're a Hillary/Trump supporter" based on what I say, or how I respond. Thank you for showing us how dumb you are sir. You're whole thread is based on opinion. The better rice here is a matter of opinion, and you speak of it as the hard facts. Keep trying though, it's entertaining to watch.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
good laughs

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
In Asia the rice sold in stores is grown locally. It's not the same as the crap sold in Western countries. Where it was grown and by whom makes more difference than anything. Back in the states, bismati was the best I could find in my area. But the rice in my current area in Japan blows that out of the water.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MissingRUnext

Basmati is the best! Years back, a friend of mine came to spend the weekend and brought basmati, loved it, although I never heard of it before then.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Mousygretchen

Dude

What planet do you live on

Rice is BREAD in Asia

Give me a break
are you ranting about Asian-Americans or folks in Asia? cuz not everyone is an expert on their ethnicity's cuisine, here in the states. especially if they are a few generations into being here.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wait a sec!
Isn't Karate more Korean than Japanese?
There's always the Okinawan style...
Seems like Japanese is ,more Kendo and Akido to me.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Thank you, peppy

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Y'all are CRAZY!!!

Jasmine rice is the best. Take it from someone who spent numerous years is SE Asia.

Basmati is just...rice. Any old rice.

Japanese Nishiki rice is rice which lends itself to sugar and rice wine vinegar (more sugar) so it winds up "sticky rice" for sushi and the like. It's not a "type" of rice, but rather a dish of rice.

When I was in SE Asia, there would be pallets of rice at the checkout...and believe me, these people KNEW their rice!! People of India Indian descent knew the Indian versions of rice; people of China knew the Chinese versions of rice, and people of all other nations KNEW...EXACTLY what rice they were buying!! There were pallets and pallets of the stuff, big bags too (50 Lbs.).

The notion Asians don't know their rice is laughable!!!!!

I learned gobs of history, taste and preparation about rice from those days. No, YOU CRAZY...if you think Asians don't know their rice!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Naw man, karate is from Okinawa Japan (also where the worlds longest living people reside).

In Korea they practice Hapkido (amoung many other bad ass styles, my favorite and I wish I would have joined a place and learned the basics!) which is like aikido with striking moves!!! Bad ass!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Karate (Japanese) is to "break"

Judo (Chinese) is to "bend"

Taekwondo (Korean) is to "kick, smash, kill)

Jiu Jitsu (Alien from outer space) means..."don't let them grab you; kick, bite, scratch, chop, bend and fight for your life...because if they trip you and get you on the mat...you're TOAST!!"

Just sayin' (from a TKD black belt)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ok....... and? I'm confused.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Do you ever see an Asian guy explain to a white person how for example fresh baked French bread is good.

Sure. Have you ever had a Vietnamese baguette?

No, but I once had a Bangkok Bagel.

Tried it once myself, ended up with a prescription for antibiotics and possibly a few illegitimate children. It was one crazy night!... But it made me humble.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

You are wrong as usual

Just like you are wrong defending establishment positions on ATS

Indian basmati is well known as premium rice

PREMIUM

In the auto industry, "Premium" means "just enough additional so you don't have to tell your friends you went with the base model."

I love basmati rice, but I'm not going to gush over it like its upholstered in albino kitten leather. Just sayin'..

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Seriously though. This is a type of westernization. No one is learning from their ancestors since USA became the dominant influence. Why don't all Americans know how to cook their ancestors food?
It is lost and not passed down to generations. Everyone is relying on fast food and restaurant to do the teaching now. Even school.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join