It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence Director Clapper Officially Rejects Responsibility for 32 Page Hit Piece and Leak.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Again, folks, we are handed another beautiful example of what "fake news" really looks like. We should thank OP for demonstrating so clearly how to create "fake news" and spread it around. To sum up:

1. The clickbait title did not come from the OP source material. That only leaves one logical conclusion: he/she/it made it up.

2. The source material directly and blatantly contradicts both the deceitful title and the body of the OP. Nowhere in that statement does it say anything in that document is false, and it certainly wasn't anything approaching an "official rejection" of the allegations. The only thing that was rejected was the assertion that our own intelligence was responsible for the "leaks"...in fact that point was strongly emphasized.

3. The OP uses the Trump tweet as verification to support his/her/its blatant lie, because he/she/it knew most people here wouldn't bother reading much else; trawling the net out there to incite more division and conflict and to encourage still more bashing of the opposing political party by those who have more interest in ridiculing other people than holding their chosen hero accountable for his words and actions...such as his smug, pretentious and utterly fallacious tweet.

There are two paths here. The first is that Donald Trump is actually so stunningly stupid that he truly thinks this statement in some way exonerated him and he is off the hook.

The second is that he purposefully sent that tweet knowing full well that it was bull#, and is once again playing his own supporters for fools, because he knows they will latch onto any possible semblance of an excuse for him rather than acknowledge that he is even more of a loose cannon than they bargained for and it has become embarrassingly clear that they put all of their eggs in the wrong basket.

It doesn't really matter which path they choose, either. If he's actually that obtuse and functionally illiterate, he should not be trusted to run a country. If he is not in fact stupid and is simply telling outrageous lies and twisting things around to elicit an emotional response, he should not be trusted to run a country.

If this were not a deliberate sham being perpetrated against the American people, his smartest move would be to shut his obnoxious cake hole, stay the hell off of Twitter, start behaving like someone worthy of the Presidency and focus on the numerous issues that are still ongoing, despite his insatiable thirst for the spotlight.

But that's not the case. It actually is a sham, Trump is neither stupid nor illiterate...and the people writing the script for him aren't either. They played Hillary as the evil arch-villain who was hellbent on starting a war, and efficiently polarized the nation. All of her supporters got their faces rubbed in the dirt, relentlessly mocked and belittled by the sore winners who have made it their life's mission to scream "nanny nanny boo boo" as loudly and as often as possible.

Now, it's their turn. If they put aside the childish squabbling and finger pointing, they might be able to see it coming. But they won't...and Trump knows that. So do the people who feed him his lines. And it's really not hard to do this, especially with people like the OP to muddy the waters for them, spreading lies and sensationalism...as well as the willing and gullible public who have traded out their common sense and critical thinking for a chance to lord it over anyone who doesn't support the person they think they actually elected..

I've said this before...look at the second presidential debate. Watch how Hillary and Trump interact with each other. Turn off the volume and just watch their body language. It is choreographed. Watch them circling each other like wolves, without looking to see what the other is doing. They don't miss a step. Because they rehearsed it.

They successfully made a laughingstock of the democrats, set them up to take the fall. Why? To lure in the toughest sells, the ones who love their guns and pose the threat of an uprising, of a revolution. Now they're going to tighten the noose. They're going to show everyone how very wrong they were...from both sides of this ridiculous farce. They're going to show us the true meaning of equality. And every last one of us is going along for the ride, whether we wanted to or not.

ETA: Hahahaaaa I see the title was amended. People are paying attention after all. Nice.

edit on 311311America/ChicagoThu, 12 Jan 2017 11:13:46 -060031am3111America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Seems to be a whole lot of smoke here and the Trump spin machine working overtime to try to minimize the damage.

It all fits. The disgusting man who believes he can make women do anything; the reason he is so loyal to Putin; his awful hatred side that always wants to fight 'dirty'; his admiration of bullets dipped in pigs blood; his double standards.

He did it. He had two way communications with Russia for help defeating Hillary and he used prostitutes to defile a bed the Obama's slept in.

That's the kind of guy he is.

Disgusting traitorous scum.

Wouldn't it be great if people just posted factual things that Trump does instead of hyperbole? I mean, saying something as ignorant as what was released was bad enough, but doubling down and repeating it, well, I suppose ignorance knows no bounds.

But hey, it's your credibility at stake, and seeing as how you place no value on it, post all the lies you like.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
from the "Letter" ...

The IC has not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable, and we did not rely upon it in any way for our conclusions.

If any of it was reliable, he would have plastered it all over the place before the election.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is the new normal.

Trump haters will embrace every lie, every vile thing they can to attach it to anything "Trump".

While they strongly objected to it every time it was used against Obama.

It's interesting to see it from their side now. This "Trump Derangement Syndrome".

hahahahaha

(post by thesaneone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The question is, will Trump as a president, the FBI the CIA and whatever is out there will go after the people behind the fake news crap.

I wonder.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This is the new normal.

Trump haters will embrace every lie, every vile thing they can to attach it to anything "Trump".

While they strongly objected to it every time it was used against Obama.

It's interesting to see it from their side now. This "Trump Derangement Syndrome".

hahahahaha

We can't lump all the haters in with this crowd, just the really, really gullible ones. it always irritated me to have someone try to put all the "whatever" into one tiny little deplorable basket.
(IMHO)

But I did try out a new term. Trump Haters (Trhater) It triggered at least one.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I haven't been able to separate the degrees of hatred for Trump yet.

But I guess it's a lot like the Kevin Bacon thing.

Six degrees of fanatical, irrational Trump hatred.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Mmmmmm, did you say bacon? Sorry, I got distracted.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
Again, folks, we are handed another beautiful example of what "fake news" really looks like. We should thank OP for demonstrating so clearly how to create "fake news" and spread it around. To sum up:

1. The clickbait title did not come from the OP source material. That only leaves one logical conclusion: he/she/it made it up.

2. ...contradicts both the deceitful title and the body of the OP. Nowhere in that statement does it say anything in that document is false...

3. ...because he/she/it knew most people here wouldn't bother reading much else...

ETA: Hahahaaaa I see the title was amended. People are paying attention after all. Nice.

Speaking of functionally illiterate....

Um no. The title was NEVER changed, and yes, it is mine.

The title reads: Intelligence Director Clapper Officially Rejects Responsibility for 32 Page Hit Piece and Leak.

In Clappers document it states:

I emphasized that this document is not a U.S. Intelligence Community product and that I do not believe the leaks came from within the IC.

That is a rejection of responsibility for the contents of the report and its leak, which is not how some MSM outlets reported it.

edit on 12-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
There are people in Washington who hate Trump so badly, they've crossed the line into becoming enemies of the State. It's pretty clear they don't care if they damage the country as long as they get Trump.

Think about that for a moment.

Spooky times.

Smells like American Spring may be arriving in a week or ten days.

Spooky times indeed.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

So who is the liar,Clapper or Trump?

Clapper never mentioned denouncing it but Trump says he called him and denounced it.

Trump clearly said he denounced it on his twitter account

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: network dude

I haven't been able to separate the degrees of hatred for Trump yet.

But I guess it's a lot like the Kevin Bacon thing.

Six degrees of fanatical, irrational Trump hatred.

Where do you suppose that comes from the fact he has a good family and they dont,the fact that hes a self made man and they are not,the fact Trump has always been surrounded by pretty women and they cant even get an ugly one- its got to be jealousy or fear those are the two principal reasons people attack

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

trai·tor ˈtrādər/ noun a person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc. "they see me as a traitor, a sellout to the enemy" synonyms: betrayer, backstabber, double-crosser, renegade, fifth columnist

Now, does that make any of this less of a joke?

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
May 14, 2017

Why did James Clapper suddenly go from "I don't see any evidence of...." in January to now stating that "Our institutions are now under Assault, both Internally and Externally"? Quite a seismic statement from the man who was once so cool and calm.

He blames the firing of James Comey and Russian Interference for his change of heart..
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't know, but remember when he lied to congress about the mass surveillance of US citizens by the NSA?

Yea, his credibility has been tarnished ever since. Quite honestly, I'm surprised he is still relevant.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join