It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I Think it Was Russia"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yeah, maybe you're right. Let me run that by my fiance, see what she thinks. Maybe she will suggest that I take a bunch of cheesy selfies showing off my generic tattoos?

Oooo nice, that "generic " tattoo was drawn by my brother in arms that I served in Iraq with that died later in our deployment, which is why I wear it proudly........

That being said, being as you have a fiance, not sure why youre preoccupied with Russias "hawwt, man pleasing women" and what that response had to do with why people are cautious of Russia.........

We should be cautious of Russia, and China and Iran as well, and even more so with The Kingdom of Saud......

Its in our best interest to do so and follow up on any information that could compromise us out of ANY of those regimes.....

The conservatives I knew on this site, just 1 short year ago were ALL for that........but now that Trump is involved its hands off.....

That speaks volumes

So? Some dead guy drew a generic tattoo? Should I complement you on that? I'm sure there are tons of crappy drawings made by people that have died over the years. This one is special only to you. keep it to yourself. Jarhead huh? That explains your inability to see humor. And the White Knight Syndrome. Good luck with that. If I want advice on how to dig a ditch or kill somebody I'll look you up.

that was really disgusting and uncalled for

I might disagree with people or even mske fun of them for what i think are stupid posts.
But I would never insult a members dead friend or family member.

For you to do so says alot about you.....and what it says is not good

Its all good, from some people you really dont expect much more than that, hes a new member and most of his post thus far are of this sort of thing........is what it is ...

I do appreciate the acknowledgement. the fact that Im not the only one getting tired of this sort of thing on the forums, you know as well as I do , it comes in waves here on ATS......

On topic, What are your thoughts on all this

I feel that Russia HAS had a hand in hacking and getting information, to what degree I really dont know and dont want to speculate at this point...

Im more concerned with the connection it might have to the incoming administration and also his debt ties, and what implications IF all is found to be true, could have on his presidency and any future foreign negotiations......

Lots of IFs....

But we ARE ATS, and I think its always worth while, and indeed our history, to look into any connections, and that goes for ANYONE in power.....

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
double
edit on 1/12/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

HE HAS 3.5 BILLION TO COVER THE 650 MILLION

Scream all you want, thats only his companies debts that we KNOW of two only two countries Russia and China, thats not touching the rest of his debt and everythign we DONT know because he wont release his tax returns.........

thank you god for there are still come critically minded conservatives left man, seriously, thanks

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I think there needs to be alot of scrutany.

To many Trump supporters are willing to follow him blindly and make excuses for me.

I accept Trump won the election and would rather have him than Hillary.

But every move he makes and every tweet he states needs to be picked apart ruthlessly.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: banjobrain

originally posted by: khnum

HE HAS 3.5 BILLION TO COVER THE 650 MILLION

Scream all you want, thats only his companies debts that we KNOW of two only two countries Russia and China, thats not touching the rest of his debt and everythign we DONT know because he wont release his tax returns.........

thank you god for there are still come critically minded conservatives left man, seriously, thanks

LoL I try to be, Im hard headed and am guilty of being resistant to some things.....

This was a crappy election cycle all around, I could bitch about all of our lost opportunities this last election but it does no good. We have who we have now, and I think its time to shift our focus onto watching this current administration as closely as we did the last.

I think as a whole, we as a country are mostly doing that now, where typically we didnt before, one side scrutinized where the other didnt......

I think this election created enough of a division that (I hope) we have learned that it doesnt matter who is in office, its our DUTY to keep them under a bit of a microscope....

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
But come on Relda, you know how CNN lies all the time. How they are fake news.
Trump didn't really say that did he? I mean CNN used quotes even. Don't quotes mean that what they are saying is absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt and totally suable by any court in the land if not, true?

This is the case we have been waiting for. Trump will sue em blind. Go Don, gettum gettum gettum. He couldn't really have said that...
Will someone whistle the Star Spangled Banner for us now.

It isn't so much lies, but lying by omission. As the media and their thralls collect political currency on what Trump thinks about the hacks, they leave out the majority of it, for instance that he is requesting a report on the hacks and solutions for cyber-security reforms, that the poor DNC cyber-security is equally to blame, that China hacked the US more than Russia, and even this little tidbit:

QUESTION: Mr. President-elect, you said, just now, that you believe Russia indeed was responsible for the hacking of the DNC and Jon Podesta’s e-mails, et cetera.

TRUMP: All right, but you know what, it could have been others also.

Doesn't this deserve quotes also? According to Time Warner's own ethics, yes it does.

Comprehensive Journalism

Our network news brands are leaders in practicing, promoting and defending the highest principles of journalistic integrity.

Much of popular journalism today comes with a political or ideological slant: it aims to win people to a point of view, not necessarily to an understanding of the facts. CNN does not try to appeal to a specific point of view or political constituency. To the contrary, the reporters, producers, editors and writers at CNN aim for comprehensive journalism. In their news coverage, they strive to present the whole story, fairly and completely, so that readers and viewers may come to their own conclusions. And in their presentation of opinion and analysis, they strive to represent a range of viewpoints.

Comprehensive journalism also means that we do not let our financial interests determine the topics we cover. Our reporters, producers, writers and editors cover issues that are newsworthy and of interest to our readers and viewers, not because an issue may be of interest to advertisers.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

To many Trump supporters are willing to follow him blindly and make excuses for me.

But every move he makes and every tweet he states needs to be picked apart ruthlessly.

Totally agree with you there.........and I think Sting would too

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: worlds_away

Oh I accept that he won.
No issue there. I think Russia's involvement influenced some people. Still no issue.
The man is not qualified or fit to be president . He wasn't before the election and he's not now.
Any effort to remove him is essential in my opinion.
Not lies or illegal means but with him that's not necessary. He will provide the necessary means all on his own.
It's a given.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I'd have to agree with your assessment. Now more than ever we all need to be a bit more critical of what is going on. Trump is and was a wildcard. Another reason he was voted in. You can't just walk away in the middle of the hand.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
There were hacks from Russia no doubt, was the Russian govt involved, or other parties in Russia?
Did it make a difference? I don't know enough to say..I think though, clearly the whole DNC machine shares the overwhelming burden for the loss than any other factors.
And yes, definitely be keeping Trump's feet to the fire.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So it's more like you don't respect the voters that voted for him?

They chose the wrong person? They were too foolish to see what is so apparent to you?

What you're saying is let's give him a chance and see if he ends up defeating himself? Well that I can agree with

edit on 12-1-2017 by worlds_away because: Typo

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

There is little scrutiny. People scrutinize what they are told to, for instance what Trump thinks, rarely what he does. Words speak louder than actions to some.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'd have to agree with your assessment. Now more than ever we all need to be a bit more critical of what is going on. Trump is and was a wildcard. Another reason he was voted in. You can't just walk away in the middle of the hand.

Totally agreed.....

And as ive said before, with all of Trumps connections, he could very well be one of the best presidents we have ever had, OR it could go wildly the other direction......

For the sake of the country I hope ITS NOT what it looks like and hes fantastic and proves me completely wrong.....

But its up to us to make sure he does what he says he is going to do.....well within the power we have as the people I suppose

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You are using CNN as a source just because you hate Trump. Biased thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
A gentle reminder...

This isn't the mud pit. Save your excursions into insulting postings for that forum.

Do Not Respond To This Post.
edit on 1/12/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

You are using CNN as a source just because you hate Trump. Biased thread.

Umm he said as much in his press conference yesterday , multiple times ....

Lets stop parroting Trumps "CNN" line and actually do our own research shall we?

This is my biggest peteave w some trump supporters. He says something and they never actually look into it, they just take his word as gospel and then continue to spout the same thing....

You say "fake news" don't just trust that source , but then automatically take what trump says as truth w out any further investigation

How is this cognitive disconnect overlooked ?
edit on 1/12/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Yeah, maybe you're right. Let me run that by my fiance, see what she thinks. Maybe she will suggest that I take a bunch of cheesy selfies showing off my generic tattoos?

I have a lot of respect to manbehindthemask even when he is politically right to my middle of the road stand and it's refreshing to hear his conservative values compared to the far right selfish trolling for amusement no lifers who now frequent this board

Generic tattoos,care to show your non generic ink collection? No?

Well at last the so called cheesy selfie generic tattoo guy is confident enough to show that on this site

Reldra ,thank you for the post.

Was listening to this subject matter on BBC radio 4 this morning on the journey into work and their sources are saying there are a few videos of Donald

ALso the ex MI6 agent is not the only person to dig this up they have another source who can back his claims

His financial ties to Russia are the big picture,who does he owe money to?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
There is nothing more to say then:

If you don’t like the circus, don’t elect a clown. #TrumpPressConference
— Alex Colangelo (@AlexColangelo) January 11, 2017

Btw the best use of the useless 140 Twitter signs i ever saw!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

lol

So, FINALLY, he speaks about Russia in this regard and only Russia

wrong, wasn't only Russia he spoke of

As far as hacking I think it was Russia, but I think we also get hacked by other countries, and other people. And I can say that you know when, when we lost 22 million names and everything else that was hacked recently, they didn't make a big deal out of that. That was something that was extraordinary that was probably China. uh, we have much hacking going on

28:50 mark

He had this to ask: "Do you honestly believe Hillary would be tougher on Putin than me?" he asked.

Uh oh, it's getting thick...

*QUESTION* On that intelligence report, the second part of their conclusion was that Vladimir Putin ordered it because he aspired to help you in the election, do you accept that part of the finding, and will you undo what president Obama did to punish the Russians for this when you take his place

*RESPONSE*Well, if Putin likes Donald Trump, I consider that an asset, not a liability, because we have a horrible relationship with Russia. Russia can help us fight isis, which by the way is number one tricky. I mean if you look, this administration created isis, by leaving at the wrong time. The void was created, isis was formed. If Putin likes Donald Trump, guess what folks, that's called an asset not a liability. Now I don't know that I'm going to get along with Vladimir Putin, I hope I do, but there's a good chance I won't. And if I don't, do you honestly believe that Hillary would be tougher on Putin than me?

31:43

he went on to say

no, he concluded with...

*QUESTION* Can you stand here today, once and for all that no one connected to you or your campaign had any contact with Russia leading up to, or during the presidential campaign? And if you do indeed believe Russia was behind the hacking, what is your message to Vladimir Putin right now?

*RESPONSE* He shouldn't be doing it, he won't be doing it. Russia will have much greater respect for our country when I'm leading it, than when other people have lead it. You will see that. Russia will respect our country more. He shouldn't have done it, I don't believe he'll be doing it more. Now, we have to work something out, but it's not just Russia. Take a look at what's happened, you don't report it the same way. 22 million accounts were hacked in this country by China

1:13:52

Now as you can clearly see and will blatantly ignore, CNN clipped together pieces of an entire press conference into a few quotes, which were responses to different questions at different times. However, they spin it as if it were one sentence, one question in a contextual manner, when indeed it isn't.

This is why you should not rely on CNN...spin and narrative.

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
According to the right wingers on this board, this is fake news.

see above.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join