It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I Think it Was Russia"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: reldra

Reality is the Clintons have been in business, big business, with the Russians for far more money and for longer periods of time than Trump.

Just look up the Clintons selling off a sizable chunk of our uranium supply to Russia.

But you missed that, eh? Of course you did. Or you ignored it. Typical liberal strategy, compartmentalize, then ignore.

Speaking of ignoring things, do you understand the concept of "off topic"? Typical conservative strategy, deflect then ignore.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I still prefer proof over evidence that induces comments like, "I think it was..."

Hell, many people THINK many things that end up being wrong, but it could also be right. That's the problem--it's all conjuecture and best guesses at this point, even if they are educated guesses.

I still have not seen any evidence that proves the Russian involvement, but I have seen numerous articles and discussions from "tech people" on the topic of the hacks, and they have pretty compelling evidence and reasoning that it could have just been about any of a number of people or countries that did it.

Trump may be on board with his thoughts, but call me crazy--I still want proof before we start aggressively (or semi-aggressively) retaliating against an entire nation.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Al the major powers are on the same team. you are wasting your life debating this nonsense. get over it..

edit on 12-1-2017 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Trump ALWAYS new it was Russia behind the WiliLeaks hacks. Jeez, he even called on Russia, publically, since they did such a good job with the DNC, to see if they could hack/find Hillary Clinton's Secretary of State emails!

"Hack/find"? So which is it? Hack or find? Only one is true, but the absence of the other goes against the narrative you've been pushing.
edit on 12-1-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

REMINDER
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It could be Russia. It could be China. It could be Israel. It could be Britain. Heck, it could be Barron Trump. No one knows for sure. No one has any evidence let alone proof.
edit on 12-1-2017 by WTAFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Personally, if it was the FSB who did it, I don't think they would use a cheap commercial phishing software from Ukraine to hack Podesta emails.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
double post
edit on 12-1-2017 by WTAFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

"Hack/find"? So which is it? Hack or find?

"FIND" by hacking into others' computers. It's not brain surgery! It cyber theft!

I'ts not like Russia is going to "find" a stack of emails laying on the sidewalk somewhere.

edit on 12-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

"Hack/find"? So which is it? Hack or find?

"FIND" by hacking into others' computers. It's not brain surgery! It cyber theft!

I'ts not like Russia is going to "find" a stack of emails laying on the sidewalk somewhere.

Technically, it's trick. A commercial phishing software tricked Podesta into giving his password.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WTAFan

It's still cyber theft. If I leave my set of keys, including my house key, with my mechanic, and someone in their shop copies my house key and uses it to enter my house, stealing what they find, trick or not, it's theft.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well now that it's all exposed, how can Trump be blackmailed now?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Here's what he said:

" I have nothing to do with Putin. I've never spoken to him. I know nothing about him other than he will respect me. He doesn't respect our president. If it is Russia, which it probably is not, nobody knows who it is.

But if it is Russia, it's really bad for a different reason. Because it shows how little respect they have for our country when they would hack into a major party and get everything. But it would be interesting to see -- I will tell you this, Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 e-mails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let's see if that happens. That will be next."

He clearly doesn't call on Russia to hack the servers, but to leak them if they have done so. Your "hack/find" wordplay is a ploy used and abused by the media to insinuate that Trump called on Russia to hack the DNC.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Trumps has said a lot of things. Many times, they're contradictory!

He clearly doesn't call on Russia to hack the servers

He clearly does. "Russia...if your listening...." Is call out to Russia, and a nod to their success in supplying WikiLeaks with the hacked DNC emails. They've got a proven track record! LOL

ETA:

... I hope you're able to find.......

He clearly doesn't call on Russia to hack the servers, but to leak them if they have done so.

"I hope that you are able to find"....doesn't translate if you already have found.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
But come on Relda, you know how CNN lies all the time. How they are fake news.
Trump didn't really say that did he? I mean CNN used quotes even. Don't quotes mean that what they are saying is absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt and totally suable by any court in the land if not, true?

This is the case we have been waiting for. Trump will sue em blind. Go Don, gettum gettum gettum. He couldn't really have said that...
Will someone whistle the Star Spangled Banner for us now.

It isn't so much lies, but lying by omission. As the media and their thralls collect political currency on what Trump thinks about the hacks, they leave out the majority of it, for instance that he is requesting a report on the hacks and solutions for cyber-security reforms, that the poor DNC cyber-security is equally to blame, that China hacked the US more than Russia, and even this little tidbit:

QUESTION: Mr. President-elect, you said, just now, that you believe Russia indeed was responsible for the hacking of the DNC and Jon Podesta’s e-mails, et cetera.

TRUMP: All right, but you know what, it could have been others also.

Doesn't this deserve quotes also? According to Time Warner's own ethics, yes it does.

Comprehensive Journalism

Our network news brands are leaders in practicing, promoting and defending the highest principles of journalistic integrity.

Much of popular journalism today comes with a political or ideological slant: it aims to win people to a point of view, not necessarily to an understanding of the facts. CNN does not try to appeal to a specific point of view or political constituency. To the contrary, the reporters, producers, editors and writers at CNN aim for comprehensive journalism. In their news coverage, they strive to present the whole story, fairly and completely, so that readers and viewers may come to their own conclusions. And in their presentation of opinion and analysis, they strive to represent a range of viewpoints.

Comprehensive journalism also means that we do not let our financial interests determine the topics we cover. Our reporters, producers, writers and editors cover issues that are newsworthy and of interest to our readers and viewers, not because an issue may be of interest to advertisers.

I agree with your points above Les. With that headline, CNN was being sensationalist, and most of us should know by now that sensationalism is not 'objective journalism'. But as the old folks used to say 'it does sell papers'. And here we are along with so many others in this thread, rather than discussing Trumps reversal after such vehement denial for so long on the hack, discussing CNN.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

He clearly does. "Russia...if your listening...." Is call out to Russia, and a nod to their success in supplying WikiLeaks with the hacked DNC emails. They've got a proven track record! LOL

Even you could not twist enough words together to make it seem like he called on Russia to hack the DNC. Because of this, it becomes obvious you are merely repeating the headlines of the propaganda that said so.
edit on 12-1-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I agree with your points above Les. With that headline, CNN was being sensationalist, and most of us should know by now that sensationalism is not 'objective journalism'. But as the old folks used to say 'it does sell papers'. And here we are along with so many others in this thread, rather than discussing Trumps reversal after such vehement denial for so long on the hack, discussing CNN.

Fair enough, but I would say skepticism is not necessarily the same as vehement denial.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Right. But I see that he went from vehement denial into skepticism and then into admittance. Good steps to take and as you earlier pointed out he does, at least, offer hope that he will be open to 'intelligence' from other people other than just relying upon his own sense of reality.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Even you could not twist enough words together to make it seem like he called on Russia to hack the DNC.

I never said he called on Russia to hack the DNC. I said he called on Russia to use their hacking skills to find Hillary Clinton's Secretary of State emails.

Because of this, it becomes obvious you are merely repeating the headlines of the propaganda that said so.

No. I'm repeating the words that came out of Trump's mouth.

Trump has admitted that Russia is behind the DNC hackings. He knew this was true all along, and it was no secret that US intel claimed this was true early on. Proof that he knew that Russia was behind the DNC hacking is the fact that he shouted out to Russia to "find" Hillary's emails, not WikiLeaks. If Trump didn't think that Russia was behind the WikiLeaks DNC email leaks, he would have asked WikiLeaks, "If your listening, I hope you find a package Hillary's 30,000 emails in your mailbox", (with a note attached that says "NOT FROM RUSSIA"! Wink Wink)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Thus Spoke Zarathustra (Reldra)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join