It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The destruction of the Catholic and Christian church

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Archbishop Sheen On Death Of Christendom

“We get used to things. The air that we breathe, the press that we read, the television that we see, in no instance is inspired by Christian principles. There is a tendency to go down to meet the world, not to lift the world up. We are afraid to be unpopular. We are at the end of Christendom.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.azquotes.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Raggedyman

no - christianity did nothing of the sort - if you cannot sucessfully diffrentiate between " christianity " and " christians " then - thats your problem

but hey - if thats the way you want to play it - then you accept that chistianity starts wars too - cannot cherry pick

Really?

Tell me about all the wars that Christianity started?

I mean, literally, list them and explain the particular motivation that kicked it off.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Seed76

no - all you have done is put up a silly list of people who were christians

the question was - what has christianity done for science ?

not what christians have done for science ?

if you do not understand the difference between the two questions then dawg help you

PS :

to illustrate the idiocy of your " logic " - then using your metrics :

christianity has started every european war in the last 1000 years

Christianity, Judaism and Islam all are highly 'academic' faiths. They place value in literacy and learning. They have a background that allows for the faithful to persue knowledge, even sometimes to publish knowledge that is contrary to doctrine.

The monastic orders across Europe birthed many of the earliest scientists who actively debunked the susperstitious rubbish of Aristotlean polytheist history and introduced the scientific method.

The growth of human knowledge now, under the auspices of 'Christian cultures' across the world, is thousands of times faster than at any previous time in history. The change from ancient-mythic type culture to a scientificly based technological one began with the Renaissance, which also happened to coincide with the peak of European Christianity and preceeded the industrial revolution.

I would go as far as saying that in Europe, the Renaissance and the Reformation of the Christian church went hand in hand. The cultural change in the practice of the Christian faith specifically was the cultural seed required to establish science as we know it.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

no - christianity did nothing of the sort - if you cannot sucessfully diffrentiate between " christianity " and " christians " then - thats your problem

but hey - if thats the way you want to play it - then you accept that chistianity starts wars too - cannot cherry pick

All the schools, hospitals, charities and universities around the time of the renaissance were funded projects of the church. There was no state support for them, nor secular organizational support.

The money, the buildings, the properties, the books and the staff were all provided by the church and no-one else.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

a reply to: Seed76

as you are insistent on pushing this fallacy :

how did " christianity " lead to newtons observations on gravity ?

christianity is a dogma [ or correctly set of linked dogmas ] - that does not lead to any scientific process

A christian can use the scientific method without refference to thier imaginary friend

thats the difference

Lets take a look at "Newtons observations on gravity" and how they arose:

Isaac Newton was a professor at Trinity Colledge, Cambridge, England (the name's a dead giveaway, definitely Christian, that one), when he published his 'Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica'.

Newton also was the second Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University.

Isaac Newton was also a highly devout Christian.

Trinity College, Cambridge was originally Roman Catholic church owned land and buildings, which were taken over by the Church of England and re-purposed as a college under the reign of King Henry VIII.

Cambridge University was founded well before Trinity College but also was a renowned ecclesiastical scholarly centre for the education of monks, going back to the 12 century.

Without the church there would have been nothing like Trinity College or Cambridge University at the time, and so Newton would never have had the time or opportunity to publish on scientific topics such as: the Principa, Newtonian calculus, gravitation, chemistry, optics, fluid motion or thermodynamics.

It is similar for most early scientists, they lived and studied by the graces of the church.

Science owes much to Christianity - it is historical fact.

edit on 13/1/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue2K4
a reply to: chr0naut

# Azaqua she can't tell me what to do. I said I need to see how people affected by the veil think in order to destroy the system so I would take anything that they think would supply a change in their belief and supply the information. I was making a post earlier in this thread with a display of the information had to close the tap unfortunately. I was greeted by the entities called 'angels' in the bible and they tortured me. I read about what was happening to me in the bible in the book of Solomon. Afterwards I had a 'struggle with the devil' where I picked up an understanding of the bible. Representations of biblical characters vary from book to book and they need to be interpreted differently that written i.e cryptically. It's a fire elemental energy being that made me want to make this thread but it alone caused a sort of direct providing of the information. Another entity said it needs to be balanced by an orb of every other element so that I can connect with people, know how they feel and better give them my way of thinking. I have obtained a water, air and earth orb hence. I feel renewed and have a 'new' perspective on this thread.

I still haven't had my faith shaken one iota, nor do I percieve any 'earthquake' of destructive paradigms radiating from ATS and destroying anyone else's faith.

I also would guess that an internet forum is not the right place to promote any such a memetic payload and to expect it to work, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

But why stop there?

You really need to ask the deep questions like what has the art of Origami ever done for gender wage parity in Etruscan fisherpeople?

edit on 13/1/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue2K4

1. Who are you accountability to when you are alone and no one else sees you?

2. I'm sure you are planning right now for future life events (life insurance, 401k, college, etc) what are your plans for dying?

3. What happens when you die? Do you know? For sure?

4. Why are over 30 billion or more people that have lived on this earth in the last 6000 + years wrong when it comes to religion and preparing for the after life, and you plus a small selection of atheists right? We were all just ignorant for thousands of years huh? Thank god (you) we know the truth now thanks to you.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Science owes much to Christianity - it is historical fact.

You have a great post there. But why stop here, without Christianity there would have been no America, and no morals. Our modern entire society and civilization owes its very existence to the ethics and morals of Christianity.

Oh who am I kidding; not Christianity, the HOLY BIBLE deserves these praises. For without the words of God, there is no Christianity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join