It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sliders-the people who can turn off street lights

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Wildbob77
LIghts also turn off around me.

It is not something that I control but even my wife has noticed that streetlights turn off when I walk near them more often then when I'm not with her

I also kill electric watches. They last about 2-3 months unless I buy waterproof (not water resistant) watches. My dad repaired watches when I lived at home. I would always be complaining that the latest watch he had given me stopped. He is the one that gave me a divers watch and that one lasted 2-4 years and I've been buying them ever since.

I cannot wear watches unless they're digital. Any others will stop working within minutes of me wearing it, and they will never work again, no matter how many new batteries are put in. That is an absolute fact. My parents discovered this when I was seven years old.

I do it to wall clocks, too, if I touch them or sometimes even stand too close to them. I never touch another person's watch either, because it'll stop working. Digital time pieces are fine, for whatever reason.

This is actually documented in my medical records. No one has ever been able to explain it. However, I do have an extra electrical fiber in my heart, which causes an annoying arrhythmia from time to time. I've always thought that extra electrical impulse is the culprit, but no one knows for sure.

Light bulbs short out around me too, on a regular basis. We're constantly replacing bulbs, and I learned my lesson about purchasing the pricey corkscrew bulbs...I was only dumb enough to do that once. It's been that way my whole life, but it's just one of those things that you kind of get used to. My kid calls it my "super power", but I think it's more like a curse. Why couldn't I get invisibility or pyrokenesis or something useful? Nope. Not this girl. I am a serial clock killer instead. Go figure.

....that is ridiculous...

But i believe you

Reminds me of when my pops accused me of some stuff back when i was a lad. Except i used my head going through a wall to accomplish the broken clock conclusion
Knocked the thing straight off the other side.

addendum: the psychokinesis stuff can definitely feel like a curse...especially when its not actually real but seems like it is!
edit on 7-1-2017 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

In general, I believe there are some aspects of the EM spectrum that remain obscure.

With just a basic multimeter (albeit a nice one in my case), parameters like resistance, etc. are all a bit anomalous though.

Measured resistance was 16-20m ohms, but it has changed as I've aged. As tested just now, its only ~11m. As probably expected, this fluctuates (tested five minutes later, I was only at 6m). IIRC, typical is 75k-100k, but I might very well be mistaken on that.

Oscopes provided some interesting results too and Gauss readings stood out (can't remember specifics).

That said, I'm really not convinced we have devised the measurement tools to properly explore it. Of course, most will probably disagree with that. *shrug*

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Hmmm, I wonder what Kirlian Photography would reveal. I have seen some extremely interesting photographs taken of people with this method.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I have experienced this phenomenon and had it verified by a friend.
It was just this one particular street lamp that shut off whenever I walked under it.
Damndest odd.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Street lights have a treshold for temperature. When they become really hot they shut down themselves for like 5 minutes or so to cool down. Every single pole have a different resistance to heat and that is why they shut down and come up randomly, seperately from each other.

But;

I used to imagine the same thing when I was walking around and a light shut down. Some actually scared me also. Fantasied myself doing these of course as I am a sci-fi fan. But did not take it seriously.

For example; 2 weeks ago I was waiting a cab and I waited for 20 minutes under a street lamp. It came on and off repeatedly and I certainly knew it was broken and it was not me.
edit on 7-1-2017 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

It is nice indeed. I rarely tell anyone about the dark slayer of watches and light bulbs that lurks inside me, because they don't believe me. Then of course I feel compelled to prove it to them, and another time piece loses its life. It's just better to not provoke the beast. For clocks and watches and little glass bulbs everywhere.😜

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

....that is ridiculous... 

Tell me about it! It's beyond ridiculous. I had a rather extensive collection of beautiful bracelet watches that were completely useless. It's like a sick cosmic joke...people are constantly gifting me watches and clocks, too. The longest run I ever had with one was a swatch watch. It worked for six days...long enough for me to think this bizarre thing was cured. I really liked that damn watch too.

I'd like it to not be real, but it is. Telekinesis it is not, however. I'm convinced it's due to my heart defect. Luckily, it's only life-threatening to inanimate objects, so there's that at least.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I'm sure it's something that could be measured, but by whom? I'd love to find out what causes this...makes sense that it's a stronger EM field, since we run on water and electricity. I get terrible static shocks, too. I won't wear anything like wool or acrylic fabric because I'll get zapped every few minutes if I do, and it hurts. If I touch a metal door handle it'll shock me so bad that you can both hear the pop and see a spark. I absolutely hate that. Scares the hell out of me, every single time, even though I know it'll likely happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It is nice indeed. I rarely tell anyone about the dark slayer of watches and light bulbs that lurks inside me, because they don't believe me. Then of course I feel compelled to prove it to them, and another time piece loses its life. It's just better to not provoke the beast. For clocks and watches and little glass bulbs everywhere.😜
Runs in the family for me. My grandmother, my mother, myself...give us a watch and will cease to function within a few days. I cant wear metal jewelry. It burns my skin.
I've killed more than a couple televisions and computers.
I have a hunch that my body has a high capacity for storing static electricity.
I've shocked myself and others pretty good by establishing a ground. Especially in cold, windy, dry weather.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Runs in the family for me. My grandmother, my mother, myself...give us a watch and will cease to function within a few days. I cant wear metal jewelry. It burns my skin.
I've shocked myself and others pretty good by establishing a ground. Especially in cold, windy, dry weather.

Well isn't that interesting...I cannot wear jewelry unless it is silver. Anything else burns my skin and turns it greenish black. Gold and copper are the worst by far. In my family, I'm the only one that kills clocks, etc., but all of us on my mom's side have issues with metal jewelry to varying degrees of severity.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Well isn't that interesting...I cannot wear jewelry unless it is silver. Anything else burns my skin and turns it greenish black. Gold and copper are the worst by far. In my family, I'm the only one that kills clocks, etc., but all of us on my mom's side have issues with metal jewelry to varying degrees of severity.
I'm pretty sure that some of us store electricity more than others. I'm sure there is a scientific explanation.
You ever kiss someone and feel like you got tasered in the lip?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that some of us store electricity more than others. I'm sure there is a scientific explanation.
You ever kiss someone and feel like you got tasered in the lip?

Oh hell yes, many times. And it is so painful!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Used to have this issue with lights when I dabbled in psi/ki/chi/whatever as a teenager.
been a long time, no issues in a long time

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

That is beyond cool.

Im sure if you really want a watch that can withstand your pulse effect that youll find one!

For some reason Davinci comes to my mind and sure enough he designed a clock too. Check this out:

Da Vinci’s major innovation was to have springs, rather than weights operate his clock. He also included the detail of some materials that would be used to make the clock – including diamonds and rocks

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have also had these experiences since I was a child. That usually when I walked under a street lamp it would go out. Then turned back on after I was down the block several minutes later. When I was younger and walked around at night (the good old days) a lot, this thing with the lights going out didn't always happen. It would come and go. Sometimes by minutes, hours, days, etc. I could be walking down the street and have a street light go out then pass another that would remain on, then go on to yet another that would go out. There might be 4 or 5 lights in a row that would go out, then it would stop for a while. Or so it seemed. It use to kind of creep me out. But I just kind of ignored it, and didn't think about.

But when I teaching my daughter to drive a few years back, we were in a large parking lot at night. It was empty, and the lights were all on. The lot is about a quarter of mile on one side, by 100-125 yards (based on football-American field size). Anyway; back to the story, when driving around it must have happened at least 6-times in about 40-mins. on 4-different light poles. Whenever we approached and passed one, it would go out. They would go back on after about 5-mins. or so. It happened so much, that I was a little freaked by it. My daughter notice it happening too. Important details I forgot to mention is the height of the light poles most of the light poles in this massive parking lot are very tall well over 100 feet, but the few that were affected were more like regular height, 40-50 feet. These were down near one end where there is a 3-story parking structure as well.

The thing about watches and batteries is interesting. I always had wind-up watches growing up, and almost no battery operated things around the house (we lived simple=poor) so I never encountered any of these phenomenon.
However, now that I do have some of these things in my life, I do think that battery is very much lacking from my perspective. What I mean by battery life lacking, is that it only seems to be about half at best for me.

ATS thread Lights turning off...

Note: if you go to the ATS thread Lights turning off.., and go to the link provided by FissionSurplus (thank you)

also here, go to the bottom of the article to get Hillary Evans research on SLI (street light interference). There is a downloadable pdf book on the topic as well.

paranormal.about.com

ff

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie
Who knows dude. Could just be a string of coincidence were you walking under a bunch of street light bulbs that are nearing there expiration date. More bizarre set of circumstances have happened before believe you me, even over the course of years.

I wouldn't know not that many street light were I am at, and probably would not even notice such a thing even if it happened to me. Who knows, could be like the whole static electricity thing, maybe you touched a pole and set it off a bit, you know kind of like when you sit down and grab for a styrofoam cup but your static electricity is so high that the thing attracts to your hand from a foot across the table, I have had those dam cups get stuck to my hand when trying to pick them up every once in a while.

# happens, seems pretty normal to me, sometimes your electrical bodily signals do go a bit erratic. But it passes.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Closest thing I have to this is there was a a lamp in my sister's room when we were kids. It was supposed to turn on with the light switch, but it didn't for me. I had to turn the light switch on, then clap. Didn't matter if I waited 2 seconds or 30.

I figured there was a loose solder point or something, and maybe something to do with the way I flipped the switch compared to everyone else. It made for a great trick.

As for whether anyone in the neighborhood had seen bulbs changed, I've been in my house for almost 8 years and I've never seen streetlight bulbs changed.

It takes about 5-10 minutes to do, so it would be like hitting a lottery jackpot for me to happen to be around and looking that way at the time they're changing them. I even have a weekday (Wednesdays) off work, so I I have a better chance than most, who could only see it happen if they take a day off work and stay home.

Sure, not everyone works the same hours as Public Works, or at all, but I'd venture a guess nobody spends a spend a a huge percentage of their time watching toward their local Streetlamps.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Pole lights I think probably have a high pressure sodium or a metal halide setup that includes a lamp and a ballast that runs it. When the lamp is dying it will light and than turn off after a while . It will then light again for a while and then turn back off , it's called cycling . It usually takes a while for lamp to turn back. Also when the ballast is getting old it will cycle too.
There's a lot of street lights out there and they probably don't fix them or know that there starting to cycle until they go out completely so the odds of you walking by and seeeing lights do this are pretty high.
I am sure you are special in a lot of ways but I doubt your presence is enough to mess up a light and if you are your creating a lot of jobs at least

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
... I have this, annoying ability to turn green traffic lights into red traffic lights when I approach them. What does that make me...???

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 001ggg100
... I have this, annoying ability to turn green traffic lights into red traffic lights when I approach them. What does that make me...???

We can form a team of mutants with the lamest super powers ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join