It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK publishers shy away from 'alt-right' star Milo Yiannopoulos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Butterfinger

The whole Leslie Jones thing for one.

TBH I hadn't heard much about him until that. I scrolled through his twitter feed after that whole debacle, before he was banned.

Atrocious comments.

What are you talking about? Have you read all the racist posts from Lesslie Jones? She brought it on herself. All Milo did was give his 2 cents. You cant blame him for what others posted. If you do, then I ask if you extend that standard to EVERYONE?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

We all have the right to criticize to call names I call Trump an orange haired buffoon who conned the american public If you ban Milo you gotta ban everyone else on twitter who calls names.
Look at what Anita Sarkeesian is trying to do to the internet we may not like what is on the net sometimes but If people like her had her way we wouldn't be able to say anything negative about anyone.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Which is sort of the issue, a self described provocateur only cares about themselves, not the issues.

It's pretty clear you don't really know anything about Milo and are just repeating what the media says. Check out some of his debates. He definitely cares about the issue and is quite knowledgeable on them. Everything you say about Milo is exqactly the way I feel about most of his critics.

There is tons more out there.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I hated him until I watched his debates and agreed with much what he says he says it in a rude manner which makes people listen to him.
Just watching the debates in universities across the states made me open my eyes to the fact many don't want freedom of speech.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

ETA: These comments seems silly after watching a video or two.

~Tenth

edit on 1/5/2017 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I will gladly watch those videos and try to remove some of my ignorance about him.

Like I said, I don't know much about the guy, just what I've read in passing.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

it sounds like you have a beef with the MANNER of presentation and are allowing that to keep you from giving him a fair hearing. I tell you what, if you applied that as a universal standard across the board we would be a much poorer culture. Can you imagine dismissing every original mind and their inventions and contributions merely on the basis of some disagreeable aspect of their person? Should i go through the laundry list of the "greats" who made our culture what it is who in many cases were horrible or at least very flawed people? We can start with Leonardo Da Vinci if you like....you know...the pedophile inventor? Should we excise his contributions to the world upon the basis of his perversions, or does he get a pass because his public face was more "refined" ?

I would much rather have a coarse, disrespectful, uncouth, offensive person who is openly so, than a more socially presentable hypocrite who hides so well the many skeletons in their closet. At least with people like Milo you are more apt to know who and what you are dealing with. To me that is very important in a world full of deception.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I like Milo in as much as I like Ben Carson, Allen West, etc. Proof that Republican beliefs come in all different types of people. Also proof Democrats don't really care about black/gay/trans, etc. They only care if you believe what they do.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

The whole Leslie Jones thing for one.

TBH I hadn't heard much about him until that. I scrolled through his twitter feed after that whole debacle, before he was banned.

Atrocious comments.

What are you talking about? Have you read all the racist posts from Lesslie Jones? She brought it on herself. All Milo did was give his 2 cents. You cant blame him for what others posted. If you do, then I ask if you extend that standard to EVERYONE?

And even better, just a few months earlier, she was telling Seth Myers how she would use her army of fans to obliterate people on Twitter if she didn't like them.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Which is sort of the issue, a self described provocateur only cares about themselves, not the issues.

Being hyperbolic for the sake of a reaction doesn't actually accomplish anything, but make you look like an arsehole and make the other side feel more righteous because your #ty behaviour, ends up being what's called 'the norm' for your side.

Although, I'm not supporting any kind of gagging here and I'll defend his right to say what he wants, when he wants, but I'm not surprised countries, that don't have freedom of speech laws are giving him a hard time.

~Tenth

This is about the UK, yes? That's what the thread is about. Our freedom of speech laws aren't that different to yours regardless of what you may read on ATS. You are allowed to say things that leave people in no doubt you (not you personally obviously) are a pathetic waste of breath but like the US if you slander you run the risk of being sued. If however you incite others to violence then you can face a court of law. America is not so different.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I will gladly watch those videos and try to remove some of my ignorance about him.

~Tenth

Good for you. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Canadian here and we don't really have freedom of speech laws.

Not as concrete as the 1st amendment in the states anyway.

But I see your point.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

~Tenth

So far so good. He's in the same category as the Dawkins and Hitchins crowd, I agree with mostly everything, but the delivery is my issue.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I followed this whole book deal and the social discussion about it.

I might add, i am quite a fan of Milo. He is very entertaining and i agree with about 70% of his viewpoints.

On the other hand i see overdramatic MSM articles on his book deals.
Most of them fake news:

- Milo is not a racist, not mysoginistic nor a white supremacist. I challenge everyone to come up with examples of that

- the book is not on the market yet. In older days there was a saying: don t judge a book by its cover. Seems now its ok to judge a book before the cover is even known.

- the publisher Simon and Schuster publishes many books. One is written by War criminal/mongerer John Mc Cain. Another one is written by Albert Speer, Hitler's main Architect. A real Nazi. But the left critics the publisher on a book written by a funny and entertaining 'Dagerous Faggot' ?

What the left PC police still does not understand: free speech. And the backlash: the more they want to ban a book, the more people want to buy that book.

And it seems they just go on and on, until the last person on this planet understands, that word and book policing is nothing else than fascism from the left.
edit on 5-1-2017 by svetlana84 because: typos

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

~Tenth

So far so good. He's in the same category as the Dawkins and Hitchins crowd, I agree with mostly everything, but the delivery is my issue.

~Tenth

Kudos to you Sir changing your mind because of evidence posted on ATS...most dig their heels in.
edit on 5-1-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

~Tenth

~Tenth

It's all about the delivery. He is purposely antagonistic in order to Spur debate. It works great, the problem is his opponent have no chance because their arguments are flawed. Instead of dealing with that fact, they attack and discredit the guy they can't beat. It was the same with Rush Limbaugh before they finally gave up trying to destroy him. This all comes down to leftists not having good arguments or logic.
edit on 5-1-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

Canadian here and we don't really have freedom of speech laws.

Not as concrete as the 1st amendment in the states anyway.

But I see your point.

~Tenth

Yeah you guys are in real danger of becoming a totalitarian leftist state. You have some people fighting back like that professor. There needs to be many more like him.
edit on 5-1-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Agreeing is secondary to just listening to left or right across the isle from any one of us.

Good on ya!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
To be honest, UK publishers are shying away from this bloke because they will sell no books. People in the UK care very little about US celebrity politicians. Who is he anyway? Do we care? Nope.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Oh that story was overblown. There's very little for support in Canada for what was happening to that man. ( as in most people were on his side)

I mean, trans issues aside, as that's a new thing we are still working on trying to find middle ground for, but in general, Canadians are pretty safe.

We got rid of the totalitarian PM last year and so far...our liberal one has been okay.

I'm much happier with Canada today, then I was 2 years ago. I was truly afraid of what we would turn into if we kept the same kind of path we were with that draconian conservative government, whose only real good policies were economic in nature.

~Tenth

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join