It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on Wikileaks and Snowden (Death Penalty)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Two items here...one new story...one not reported yet by MSM that I noticed.

One on the CNN...2010 Trump on Jullian Assange and Wikileaks:

Trump in 2010: WikiLeaks 'disgraceful,' there 'should be like death penalty or something'
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) — Donald Trump called WikiLeaks "disgraceful" and suggested there be a "death penalty" for their actions during a 2010 interview.

AND another bit that hasn't been reported...nor wiped from his twitter yet...I found it searching twitter for something else..

In case you thought this was a one off quip...from twitter...Trump FOR YEARS calling for Snowden to be executed..

Trump on Edward Snowden

There actually many more tweets along the same lines from Trump about Snowden, this is just an excerpt.

Traitor, disgrace, liar, fraud, piece of human garbage...Just a few adjectives Trump has described Snowden with

This is a link to the twitter search:

LINK

It is interesting in two ways...

How a President Trump views leakers...and how they might be treated under Trump...

And how he views leaks favorable to him verse the opposite...

And what that might say about the future of whistleblowers and leakers under a Trump Presidency.
edit on 4-1-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

and?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Sort of makes Trump into a big fat hypocrite if you ask me.

It's ok when Assange does it and it help get him elected but not when Snowden does it.

Face it. Trump doesn't have any true stance on anything because he doesn't think about anything long enough to really understand any of it. He wants people to agree with him and he wants to seem like he's smart and in the know so he'll side with whatever is convenient and gives that perception. We're so f*cked.....

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Snowden was a hacker. Assange is a journalist, and a well awarded one at that. Journalists have the right to release bad things.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

and?

Do you agree with our new President that Edward Snowden is a "traitor, disgrace, liar, fraud, piece of human garbage" etc. that should be executed?

Do you his strong views on leaks and whistle-blowers (not advantageous to his own ambitions) will be reflected in his Administration in the coming years?

Frankly I am unsure how you missed those inherent questions?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: undertakerwwefan

Snowden was a hacker. Assange is a journalist, and a well awarded one at that. Journalists have the right to release bad things.

And Trump advocated the death penalty for both...
Affording you the unsure definition of Snowden as Hacker vs. Leaker vs. Whistleblower

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: undertakerwwefan

Snowden was a soldier for the military not a hacker.

My point being that they both are releasing classified information but only one of them is seen as wrong by Trump. The one he has no problem with also happens to be the one who's Trump gain more power. Funny how that works huh??

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
It's ok when Assange does it and it help get him elected but not when Snowden does it.

Snowden "leaked" to Guardian.

X and Y "leaked" to Assange.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Snowden was a soldier for the military not a hacker.

My point being that they both are releasing classified information but only one of them is seen as wrong by Trump.

Now...The first link in the OP is Trump in 2010 saying there should be the Death Penalty for Assange as well....

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Well, I look at it this way... we just experienced 8 years of self-proclaimed "most transparent administration in history" which was also self-proclaimed "champion of whistleblowers everywhere" that, in all reality, was the least transparent admin ever and was completely hostile towards whistleblowers. I do not recall any threads by Indigo5 complaining about that... so I see little more than convenient partisan sniping under the umbrella of complaining about convenient partisan-based enforcements (or rather the boogeyman specter of potential partisan-based enforcements).

In other words, I'm unsure how your OP is anything other than sour grapes.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

So what??? I don't care if they leaked to their grandmother they were still leaking classified information and Trump is still a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: undertakerwwefan

Assange is a great Journalist but he basically reports on what whistleblowers release and Snowden is a whistleblower.

Since when is truth ever a bad thing. Snowden let us all know what the KGB...I mean NSA is doing to us and Assange relayed that truth. Both are hero's we need in this day and age.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Is he still calling for Assange to be killed??? Nope. Imagine that.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
looks incriminating....

but are those tweets by him or just from his account

something just does not jibe... I mean the Hillary scandals from Benghazi-to-private server & lost emails... which he once vowed to prosecute her for...but now retracts that stand

(the list of Hillary NO-NOs is almost as long as the Budget Items paid out year-after-year) ...

CONGRESS TO REVIEW/CUT THESE BUDGET ITEMS:

* Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy — $445 million annual savings.
* Save America ‘s Treasures Program — $25 million annual savings.
* International Fund for Ireland — $17 million annual savings.
* Legal Services Corporation — $420 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Arts — $167.5 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Humanities — $167.5 million annual savings.
* Hope VI Program — $250 million annual savings.

www.snopes.com...

edit on th31148356684404542017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jan 4 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote & added EX TAGS and SOURCE IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Donald Trump was a private citizen. He can say whatever the # he wanted to say and there were no consequences of that.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Well, I look at it this way...

Perhaps you look at it as a partisan that attempted to dismiss the Op with fake confusion in the first post?

we just experienced 8 years of self-proclaimed "most transparent administration in history"

Nope...Pres. Obama isn't your excuse anymore...Your complaints are over...If they were sincere, you might have something to contribute here where the topic is the Trump administration and his tirades calling for the execution of Assange and Edward Snowden.

In other words, I'm unsure how your OP is anything other than sour grapes.

My OP is Trump's words...Maybe you have comment on them?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Face it, the man doesn't have a principled stance on anything. He just says whatever sounds good at the time. Doesn't that concern you at all???

Sometimes you might change your mind on some things, I get that too. But not having any principles or flip flopping back and forth on issues is someone who lives in hypocrisy and double standards and not a good leader.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

a reply to: EightAhoy

So what??? I don't care if they leaked to their grandmother they were still leaking classified information and Trump is still a hypocrite.

Using your reasoning, the Guardian should face the same consequences as Assange and Snowden, correct?

What classified information was leaked that you think helped Trump gain more power?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Don't think anyone is disputing that fact.

Trump had the belief and most likely still does believe that Snowden is a traitor who needs to be executed. And yet when it was first announced during the elections that Russia may have been involved in hacking and providing information on Clinton his response wasn't to condemn the actions. Instead he encouraged them to release more if they had it.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Sort of makes Trump into a big fat hypocrite if you ask me.

How the hell is that ?

Snowden ran to RUSSIA.

Assange ran to Ecuador.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join