It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump on Wikileaks and Snowden (Death Penalty)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Indigo5

Do not mistake my first comment in this thread for confusion. It was intended to express a more nonchalant "who gives a rat's ass?" response.

Maybe you should create an emoticon expressing the same?

I see that being the #1 response Trump supporters will offer to questions and critiques of the POTUS in coming years.

Good to see you contributing

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
AND another bit that hasn't been reported

That's all been "reported". I thought this was gonna be him re-addressing all this stuff.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I see that being the #1 response Trump supporters will offer to questions and critiques of the POTUS in coming years.

OK, why should we share your concerns? Honestly and seriously, if we witness you making bellicose statements born out of hyperbole and ridiculousness, why should there be anything other than dismissive and "talk to the hand" reactions from us towards those complaining? Were we treated any better over the past 8 years? Do we stand to gain anything whatsoever by coddling the complainers? Is our acceptance and appeasement so meaningful to the complainers that they're simply yearning for us to hold them to our bosoms?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yeah by Trump critics.

The more informed people KNOW better.

twitter.com...

Back to FAUX OUTRAGE.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What does that tweet have anything to do with what I'm saying???

I don't support Clinton. For the millionth time!!!!

You're using straw men and false accusations and making false arguments that have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
How about we look at the context of his 2010 comment.

At the time, WikiLeaks had published hundreds of thousands of classified documents and videos that were leaked to the organization by Pfc. Chelsea Manning, known at the time as Pfc. Bradley Manning.

edition.cnn.com...

well that certainly changes things.

comparing DNC and Hillary leaked e-mails to leaked classified documents and videos is just asinine.

None of the Hillary or DNC e-mails leaked by WikiLeaks were classified,even Hillary said so.

Do you really believe that Trump thinks someone should be executed for publishing non classified leaked e-mails about chelsea`s wedding plans?

Obviously he was referring to leaked classified national secrets that were obtained by a now convicted traitor and given to WikiLeaks.
trump saying someone should be executed for leaking national secrets but not for leaking Chelsea`s wedding plans doesn`t make him a hypocrite it makes him sane.

This thread is a very weak attempt at comparing bed bugs to space shuttles.

I`m really starting to lose hope that ATS will ever be more than a glorified version of before it`s news.

edit on 4-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: EightAhoy

Don't make this about me, this is about Trump.

Personally I don't have a problem with either of them. I support Snowden and Assange. As long as what they leak is factual I'm all for it. It exposes the corruption going on by those in power.

I'm talking about Trump and his selective judgement on who should be punished and why. He seems to love Assange now that he's releasing hacked classified emails about Clinton but in the past wanted him killed for similar actions. It's obvious why he doesn't care about it now because it's helping him.

That is my concern. That he doesn't have a stance on anything that is solid. That is a dangerous leader.

Part of reasoned debate is asking questions. You made multiple references to "classified information," and helping Trump. My specific question to you is what classified information was leaked that helped Trump? In order for you to win me over to your argument re Trump being a hypocrite, I need to understand what "classified" information was leaked that helped Trump. Is that unreasonable?

And, as to the 2010 "death penalty or something" statement made by Trump (again, tying in the hypocrite label), was the statement about Manning's actions, or WL's actions?

I'm simply trying to drill down and make sure I'm comparing oranges to oranges before agreeing or disagreeing.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

OK, why should we share your concerns? Honestly and seriously, if we witness you making bellicose statements born out of hyperbole and ridiculousness,

By "bellicose statements born out of hyperbole and ridiculousness" are you referring to Trump's tweets?

You still seem to be trying to dismiss my OP ...but my OP is Trump's own words and views around Leaks and Leakers...but somehow keep trying to default to attacking 50+% of the nation instead?

The rest is a little ridiculous...but not unheard of...The Trumpites can keep dismissing over half the populace in some kind of ideologically drunk victory binge and see where that lands you...I know how that story ends.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
How about we look at the context of his 2010 comment.

At the time, WikiLeaks had published hundreds of thousands of classified documents and videos that were leaked to the organization by Pfc. Chelsea Manning, known at the time as Pfc. Bradley Manning.

edition.cnn.com...

well that certainly changes things.

comparing DNC and Hillary leaked e-mails to leaked classified documents and videos is just asinine.

None of the Hillary or DNC e-mails leaked by WikiLeaks were classified,even Hillary said so.

Do you really believe that Trump thinks someone should be executed for publishing non classified leaked e-mails about chelsea`s wedding plans?

If Trump had gotten his way and Assange had been executed in 2010 for the "Classified" leaks..you wouldn't have the DNC leaks to compare it to.

Ponder that...Principles of convenience are dangerous things.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Trump never wanted to indict Assange. Trump wanted to execute Snowden for treason to America.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: undertakerwwefan
Trump never wanted to indict Assange. Trump wanted to execute Snowden for treason to America.

He is on record saying both deserve the Death Penalty.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: undertakerwwefan

He is on record saying both deserve the Death Penalty.

Source he wants Assange?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

and if grandma had wheels she`d be a wagon.

trump isn`t a hypocrite if WikiLeaks leaked more national secrets tomorrow trump would say the same thing about them that he said in 2010 when they leaked national secrets.

What you are saying is that since trump didn`t call for assanges execution when he leaked non classified Hillary and dnc e-mails,like he did in 2010 when assange leaked classified secrets, that trump is a hypocrite.

Are you sure you even know what the word hypocrite means?

Here, I`ll help you out :

Definition of hypocrite

1 a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2 a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

trump has never said that anyone who leaks anything should be executed and I`m sure he doesn`t believe that, he has stated his belief that anyone who leaks national secrets should be executed.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

trump isn`t a hypocrite if WikiLeaks leaked more national secrets tomorrow trump would say the same thing about them that he said in 2010 when they leaked national secrets.

On 25 November 2016, WikiLeaks released 200 emails and 300 internal documents allegedly from the United States Embassy in Sana'a, Yemen.

These files appear to provide details on the United States military operations in Yemen from 2009 to March 2015.

Are you sure you even know what the word hypocrite means?

Are you sure you even know what Wikileaks is???

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: mOjOm

Sort of makes Trump into a big fat hypocrite if you ask me.

How the hell is that ?

Snowden ran to RUSSIA.

Assange ran to Ecuador.

Unlike snowdon Assange

1) was never a US citizen
2) never worked for the US goverment
3) Never signed a US NDA

So the USA should have zero rights to him

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

and what did trump say about the yemen leaks that would make him a hypocrite?

you haven`t provided anything that he said about the DNC/Hillary leaks that would make him a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
A lot of things have changed since then. I have had many once held beliefs in the past and through more research and just plain ole time, have changed certain ones.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
A lot of things have changed since then.

Yes...a like Assange helping him get elected?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

People change and grow. It has been 6 years since Trump made those comments.

How much has your opinion changed in those same 6 years? Are you still of the exact same opinions that you were 6 years ago?

Oh never mind I see you are still buying into all that hope and change crap.

There used to be laws to protect whistle blowers, but your politicians of choice done away with those protections to cover their corruption.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

and?

Do you agree with our new President that Edward Snowden is a "traitor, disgrace, liar, fraud, piece of human garbage" etc. that should be executed?

Do you his strong views on leaks and whistle-blowers (not advantageous to his own ambitions) will be reflected in his Administration in the coming years?

Frankly I am unsure how you missed those inherent questions?

He definitely is a traitor. He was good when he told America about the NSA spying on everyone, he crossed the line to traitor when he told every country in the world about our spying on them and how we do it.

Fine line between whistleblower and traitor.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join