It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier severely beaten for attending parade in uniform.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: Neith
a reply to: Natas0114

The guy needs to hire a Biker gang.

As long as it's not an outlaw bike gang, those people physically assault enough innocent people as it is.

Ahem. Not unless you act like a dummy they dont(for the most part) but there are always exceptions to that.

Of course there is.

All i ever see them do is extort, shoot other rival gang members (see Warren, Ohio),with innocents often trapped in the way, and selling drugs though lower level mule gangs. Oh, I've personally witnessed more than one person violently attacked by them for some perceived slight. In my younger, more foolish years i used to frequent bars that often had an outlaw biker presence.

They are criminals and should be treated as such.
edit on 3-1-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It was most likely a group of young blacks. I live in a city well-segregated like Philly and I'll tell you one thing that might save your life. If you come across a group of more than two young blacks you'd better hightail it out of there as quick as you can, to hell with your pride.

Yes, you should run even if you're carrying. You don't wanna take the chance of being disarmed, not with those numbers.

Many of you will call this racist. I don't care. It's a life lesson and holds true and until that truth no longer exists it is what it is.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If the service member wasn't part of the parade in official capacity for example the unit marching together, he could be facing issues with the brass as service member are not to attend things like this in uniform.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
If the service member wasn't part of the parade in official capacity for example the unit marching together, he could be facing issues with the brass as service member are not to attend things like this in uniform.

WTF are you talking about?

The dress uniform is THE uniform to be worn in public. BDU's, or whatever they call them today, are to be worn at work and for short stops on the way home like the gas station.

Wait... Was he in Dress? The link isn't working for me now?
edit on 3-1-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

No one deserves a beating because of what they wear...

You've never been in the service, I see.

Wear that cover indoors, see what you'll get. There's one exception - do you know it?

Oh, and lighten up, Francis. You're what the professionals call 'overly concrete'.
edit on 3-1-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

He's got a lot of home photos before the beating in BDUs, with the beret. RIght out of AIT.

eta: first sgt gave us 45 minutes to be in civvies, just enough time to hit the laundry or the walmart, but not both.
edit on 3-1-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CHONGO
So does he still have to go? Maybe he lucked out and can get out of the military now? Maybe if they didn't beat the f@ck outta him, he would a went over there and fought for big corporate interests and got whacked.

Aww i think i have heard this buddist wisdom story once before.

There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. "Such bad luck," they said sympathetically.
"Maybe," the farmer replied. The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. "How wonderful," the neighbors exclaimed.
"Maybe," replied the old man. The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. "Maybe," answered the farmer. The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out. "Maybe," said the farmer

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
what is the actual likelihood they will catch the perps without video footage?

as for the "race" of the attackers, its obvious they are non white and i say obvious because like another member pointed out whenever the story doesnt include any description of the attackers its almost always because they are non white. Do you really think none of the three victims noticed the preponderance of distinct racial features of the attackers? Do you really think they would withhold that information from reporters?

what a joke.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Wear that cover indoors, see what you'll get. There's one exception - do you know it?

Oh, and lighten up, Francis. You're what the professionals call 'overly concrete'.

The exception, IIRC, is when one is under arms.

While in poor taste, the original comment is a LITTLE funny...but only to those who "get it".

As to the OP: What was done was utterly disgusting, and i hope the people who did the deed get what's coming to them.

Could it have been muslims? Sure. Could it have been ignorant BLM members? Sure. Could it have been plain old assholes who just hate the military? Sure. Point is, until the police figure it out, there's no sense in saying "it was probably (insert group here), f**k (insert group here)".

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
So we don't know who attacked him or why?? But yet everyone wants to turn it into a racist attack of somekind. Don't ever assume someone did something because of the color of there skin or religious beliefs. Without knowing the motive your just showing your own racist attitudes.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Just do what 'terrorist' armies do - don't dress servicemen/women in uniforms, don't do public passing out parades where huge bodies of promising soldiers and their families are photographed and all their identifying characteristics shown off to the world, and all the rest of it.

You can't keep doing all this show-off stuff when your enemies are blended into your own society and you don't know who or where they are. The whole world knows who, where, and what you are when you're parading and fighting in uniform.

War is different now, different strategies/tactics are urgently required.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

edit on 1/4/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

As long as it's not an outlaw bike gang, those people physically assault enough innocent people as it is.

Ahem. Not unless you act like a dummy they dont(for the most part) but there are always exceptions to that.

Bang on.
Some people don't want to see though.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I did not make any implications on the who or why this event occurred. I was merely pissed off that a serviceman was attacked. I was attacked while still active, the outcome was far different though. I was nearly court-martialed for being jumped after a boxing match I won. Also- my brother is half black, so please don't group me into the racist stuff.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Of course there is.

All i ever see them do is extort, shoot other rival gang members (see Warren, Ohio),with innocents often trapped in the way, and selling drugs though lower level mule gangs. Oh, I've personally witnessed more than one person violently attacked by them for some perceived slight. In my younger, more foolish years i used to frequent bars that often had an outlaw biker presence.

Uh huh. im friends with a member of the outlaws and they arent as bad as you think.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Deadpool refrence cunningham? lol.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I remember asking a buddy whos serving why the military always hold their hat or cover in their hands when indoors. His answer was that you arent allowed to wear your cover indoors except under two circumstances. That when indoors you must hold your hat or cover or fold it up and stow it in a pocket. And if its in your pocket it better look neat and not frumpy.

The only time you can wear a hat indoors is if your under arms. I think that means youve got a loaded weapon on you or at least the ammo. I could be wrong but thats what he said.

The other time is if for during an indoor ceremony or special event the commander says so.

Not sure if im right but that was his explanation as to why in the movies the soldiers and officers always take their hat off and hold it in some manner.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Of course there is.

Uh huh. im friends with a member of the outlaws and they arent as bad as you think.

Just like not all cops are good guys, not all members of an OMC are raging douche bags.

Pretending otherwise is silly, regardless of which way one is pretending.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Pyle

WTF are you talking about?

The dress uniform is THE uniform to be worn in public. BDU's, or whatever they call them today, are to be worn at work and for short stops on the way home like the gas station.

It says his mother says he was in an "Army jacket." So who knows.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Why are they so certain it was from his uniform alone?

I'd wager that after the group, or someone in it, said something about his jacket/uniform that he made a smart-ass remark back to them, and from there the situation just escalated until they jumped him.

That would be be my guess.

A shame, nevertheless.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join