It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Atheist Mark Zuckerberg Gets Religion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg has eschewed his atheist beliefs and now asserts that “religion is very important”...

He and wife Priscilla Chan met with Pope Francis at the Vatican last summer and discussed how to bring communication technology to the world’s poor. Zuckerberg said at the time that he was impressed with the pope’s compassion....

Zuckerberg has also cultivated an interest in Buddhism, which his wife practices.

Former Atheist Mark Zuckerberg Gets Religion

He looks like a happier, humbler man in the HuffPost photo. Mark's welcome to join the burgeoning JuBu (Jewish by birth or assimilation, Buddhist by natural affinity) community here in the Borscht Belt anytime. The Town of Woodstock in particular would welcome his tax dollars! And the local congregation(s) as well.

Namo Buddhaya and Shalom, Mark!

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Where there's money to be made, he's all over it.

Oh and the control that religion brings.

Money and control is the Zuckerberg way isn't it?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

At least he's not turning to Scientology.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
'zuckerberg' 'athiest'
lol.
there is a reason why he got so much publicity at the beginning for fb. and it is all based on his last name lol.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Where there's money to be made, he's all over it.

Oh and the control that religion brings.

Money and control is the Zuckerberg way isn't it?

'Fraid so. But maybe the new wife is making him a little softer. Even monster egos get softer on the outside if you boil them in domestic stew (and p****y) long enough!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

any farmer can tell you, that pigs will eat literally ánything.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Im at the monastery in Woodstock a lot, truly a beautiful and special place. Personally I could do without Zuck and his minions stinking up the town. a reply to: Namdru

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
He practices Financial Judaism.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

At least he's not turning to Scientology.

I'm not drinking to that. At least not yet. For all we know the best-kept secret in Facebookia is that every single employee is audited every day...by each of the three-to-five employees in contiguous cubicles. While it takes 15 minutes per session (and hence, 60-90 minutes per day) for each employee, imagine the increased esprit de corps...the powerful standing wave of social conformity within the corporate culture...

I think Facebook and Scientology are a natural match.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Im at the monastery in Woodstock a lot, truly a beautiful and special place. Personally I could do without Zuck and his minions stinking up the town. a reply to: Namdru

The monastery already has its sugar daddies. What about the rest of the town? We need more Dharma here, and for that, more rich Buddhists who are not members of KTD. KTD is king, but we need princelings. Otherwise the masses will be jealous and alienated as always.

But having said that, I agree, we certainly don't need any more nouveau riche citizens full of hybris. Fortunately, the town and the place does not much appeal to that sort of person. For them, there is the Hamptons, Manhattan, California, south Florida, and parts of Arizona.
edit on 2-1-2017 by Namdru because: no need nouveau r.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru

originally posted by: WUNK22

The monastery already has its sugar daddies. What about the rest of the town? We need more Dharma here, and for that, more rich Buddhists who are not members of KTD. KTD is king, but we need princelings. Otherwise the masses will be jealous and alienated.

...so "you need more rich exlusives" or "the masses will be jealous" ?

did you ever watch Orwell's 1984 ?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So does he actually practice Buddhism, or some weird new age western stuff that calls itself Buddhism?

Big difference.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Zuckerberg had religion , lost religion then rediscovered religion.

When a commenter asked him, “Aren’t you an atheist?” he responded: “No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important.”

edit on 2-1-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
How is new age any weirder than any other religion?! They're all weird.

I believe this as much as I believe that Putin and Trump found religion.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
So does he actually practice Buddhism, or some weird new age western stuff that calls itself Buddhism?

Big difference.

Hard to say. What does his wife practice? If it's Falun Gong then maybe the latter. Regardless, we should keep MZ on our mental map. It will help him and maybe other people, if we imagine him reorienting away from WOO (Way-Out there Outrageous) and POO (Power Over Others).

In other words, if something of real Buddhadharma could touch the guy, it would be a good thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
How is new age any weirder than any other religion?! They're all weird.

The difference between New Age and other religions is that New Age has been cobbled together in the last hundred years or so on the basis of testimony from very questionable people.

Organized religion has developed for millenia and been tempered by common sense, philosophy and theology at a profound level.

There is more to it than meets the eye. Advanced study and knowledge of languages sure helps.
edit on 2-1-2017 by Namdru because: deleted arrogance

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: loNeNLI

I only meant to imply we could use more tax revenues. But billionaires? Except possibly for Uma, we don't have any here that I know of. Not even Bowie's family is close to that. We like artists and musicians and poets. And yes I read 1984. This is an old-fashioned town. People here are as much under the spell of the local gods and spirits as they are by television, possibly more so. There's no getting rid of them kind of influences, so we channel them instead. And they are saying, "Milk the rich to enhance the prosperity of the town! Build a new park on public lands!" and so on.

At least that is what I say they are saying.
edit on 2-1-2017 by Namdru because: saw --> read

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ah, he's feeling his mortality heh. He must have had am experience of death somewhere. A friend or relative dying perhaps and as before he didn't care because with his wealth he thought he was going to live forever'
It's not surprising the amount of people suddenly getting religious when near to the time.
He's just hedging his bets that's all.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I find most of the towns visitors liberal, Volvo driving hipsters. So full of themselves and no reflection of the founding hippies. Or is this what the hippies have become? Great example of such is the Woodstock film festival, the pretentiousness is very thick that time of the year.a reply to: Namdru

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

It's not surprising the amount of people suddenly getting religious when near to the time.
He's just hedging his bets that's all.

To tell the truth, that was my first thought also. Nothing like a little mortality scare to put the fear of G*D in one. Or just fear.

The fear of death never leaves most people until close to the end, that is, if it ever does. MZ has already hedged his material bets to the max. What else is he going to do? We all do.

If chaos is red and order is black, I'm putting 66% on red, and the rest on black.
edit on 2-1-2017 by Namdru because: hedging my rhetorical bets

top topics

<<   2 >>

join