It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest records/background checks online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I'm trying to find a source for arrest records like Intelius or Radaris but... You know... Not with a ridiculous fee. I know there are more than a few free places to obtain this information but I can't seem to find them and apparently deleted them from my bookmarks.

I'm getting slightly desperate. The reasoning is that my daughter and her half brother were taken from my ex the weekend before Christmas, with my daughter going to me and her son going into foster care. I then learned 2 days after Christmas that she had been arrested but I do not know the reasoning (knowing my ex it could be anything from drugs to fraud to driving without a license, though I think it may be related to the kids being taken from her) so that I can, without guilt, file for custody of my daughter and her brother. Not to mention have some more backing to take care of everything else that's been made a mess of because of her continued poor decision making.

Sorry, went off on a bit of a rant. I don't want to tell my daughter any of this and my wife isn't familiar with how our laws work regarding things like this so I can't vent to her much and... Well sorry for venting.

Back to the beginning, I can find nothing in local police blotters online or in physical newspapers but I KNOW she was incarcerated for at least 5 days. I need a cheaper-than-intelius or possibly free resource for arrest records if anyone knows of one. Thanks so much if you managed to make it this far, heh.

edit on 1/1/17 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

As legal guardian , you should be able to find this out...

Maybe just ask the sherrif's dept . ? Do they have a ' police report ' on file ?

Good luck .

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The local sheriff will have it on their website and later you can follow the case through the county clerk of courts website.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What jurisdiction/county did this take place? I can send you a link.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Slakecontagia

I tried, all I was told was that there was a court date scheduled for the 9th and I could attend if I so chose. That's part of the problem for me; it seems like I'm being pushed back against. As much as I'd like to believe that at least child protective services is the one form of government agency without deep seated corruption, the mother of my ex (who has despised me since the very beginning and cut ties with my daughter's mother for 2 years after birth for refusing an abortion) used to work for CPS and the family court system in the very county in which I need to file anything.

Frankly, I think the only reason I even found out about the arrest is someone from CPS that doesn't like my daughter's grandmother. HE brought her up in conversation, referred to her as "a pushy, loud mouthed, arrogant b****" and said my ex was currently incarcerated with that being the reason I was being asked to supply transportation for sibling visitation.

So yes. I'd like to think that's just paranoia but I know better than to think that. Thank you for your response and well wishes though

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure. I have it narrowed to two counties but I don't want to put it TOTALLY out there, would you mind if I PM you the counties? Thanks so much!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

For any court proceedings the child would be assigned a law guardian.That person should have the information you're looking for.Usually they offer to share it.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: wondering5740

Oh yes, I'm aware of that. I've already spoken with a few family law attorneys for various protective reasons and they've explained the parts of the process I haven't found in online research. The problem is most of the county's CPS and family court people were on vacation for the last week which has been... Astoundingly negligent if you ask me but what do I know?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

CPS is not your friend. Never trust them. You can do a quick
googl search and read just how evil they are. Every state, every time.
Never trust their Guardian Ad Litem spys either.
You are in need of a family attorney ASAP.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

Probably the best advice one can give or receive on this subject. We have an attorney lined up but she is unavailable until Wednesday. Hopefully if I'm unable to find out before then, I'll learn more Wednesday morning.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Not much help here, but the on-line services you see are notoriously inaccurate and scams mostly. I'd stay away. Many contain viruses too.

You should be able to contact the DA in the county having jurisdiction and just ask him/her.

Have you tried just asking your daughter???

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

She was with me when the arrest occurred. She doesn't even know her mom was arrested. Well not this time. I like to let her mother be honest with her but today we both received texts from her mother saying that she had just managed to "put minutes on her phone" despite apparently not thinking through that I've had my daughter on that service for 2 years so I'm fully aware there isn't any minute-based airtime plan.

I'm just so sick of the lies and secrets. It's been extremely detrimental to my daughter and that much is painfully obvious. She didn't even seem surprised when I told her she was going to be staying with us for a while and I didn't know when she'd be going back to her mother. Her only real questions were how her brother was and if she HAD to go back to her mother in the end. Sad really.

top topics

join