It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about pic to drawing custom art

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hey ATSers... have a question for you. Im wanting a custom drawing of a pic of my youngest daughter .. which is easy enough to find.. but this one has a twist. She is heavily into authoring creepypasta stories, OCs, Proxies profiles, and short horror stories. Yes, my youngest is extraordinary really! All parents think their kid is. But this one is actually so out of the norm you'd be amazed. Anyway, when she was VERY little she talked to demons. I have an idea where she got the idea of demons, one of her older sisters prob watched a horror movie with her and it had demons. Something about them she liked. We were at a neighbors house having a joint yardsale, they had an old rotary phone for sale and she had to have it.. she "called" her demons on it and spoke to them.. a LOT. My husband was horrified, and talked to her about angels. She said angels didnt have fun power, she liked the demons better. Angels were Gods and demons were peoples. Well now she is 11 and her weirdness has made her a very, very unique little girl. Some of her stories seem as if an adult with a lifetime of experiences wrote them.. when in fact, its done by a very shy 11 year old bespeckled real life creepypasta. I can only imagine what she will be in the future, but it will be great.

Which brings us to my reason for posting :
I want to have a drawing done of her, but as her main CP character she created for herself that is supposed to be the real her... as in it is her in another dimension, but her. That explanation is what she told me. She said people look at dimensions like looking at a piece of paper flat. She folded the paper, 4 times, turned it on its side, cut out a hole and looked at me through the hole.. and said this is how you look at dimensions and see your other yous. There you go.. quantum physics from an 11 yr old. LOL! The drawing/her other her.. It looks like her with a few extras, and I would ask for the artists own ideas about bringing that character to life. It/she has its/her own backstory and personality profile, etc... and gaining its own fandom. I had asked her to draw me what her character looked like, she looked at me like I was an idiot, and told me ALL of her characters and drawings are a piece of her and each one is like a child of hers. Ok... a lot of woo there. So.... I need an artist with a hell of an imagination that can transfer personality into a drawing of a kid from a pic. Getting a pic of her is hard enough.. but Ive managed to get a very few!

So ATS.. any idea of who I can contact? Ive asked around in my own circles, but no one can really get what Im saying that I want and that she will like. I can get all sorts of live painted likenesses of her.. but I need a likeness of someone who doesnt exist! LOL! ( in THIS dimension anyway... )

IDEAS?? Ive looked all over Etsy, but cant find anyone who does the actual drawing.. and the few I have found wont do what Im asking.

Heeeeelp...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Weird little kids kick ass.
I knew this one little girl who would walk around singing songs about "the invisible world" and hang feathers she found from tree branches.
She was like 4 or 5.
I was thoroughly curious.
Is this kid a natural shaman or just a little off in the head.
Sounds like you have a fun one.
I'm an artist.
I rarely do commissions, but I will toss this one around in my brain pan.
Sounds like an interesting challenge.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hmmmm.
I am trying to find an artist, but I forgot where or when I saw it. But I'm still looking for you. But in my searching I've come across a Russian artist who uses paper, which struck a chord as you mentioned her 'paper quantum' thing.
Yulia Brodskaya

Dont know your price range, but this guy makes portraits using room objects that can only be seen correctly looking from the right direction/'dimention'.
Room Portrait Using Objects

edit on 1-1-2017 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

You might want to try Jason Thielke Link

edit on 1-1-2017 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Weird little kids kick ass.
I knew this one little girl who would walk around singing songs about "the invisible world" and hang feathers she found from tree branches.
She was like 4 or 5.
I was thoroughly curious.
Is this kid a natural shaman or just a little off in the head.
Sounds like you have a fun one.
I'm an artist.
I rarely do commissions, but I will toss this one around in my brain pan.
Sounds like an interesting challenge.

Ahh wonderful! Thanks

I definitely have a fun one.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

WHOA.. now thats really incredible!
For right now Im looking at pretty much a straight forward drawing of a person.. who doesnt exist.. but kinda looks like the kid!
Later on, very likely Ill look into something with more interesting media. I think if she keeps up with writing and fleshing out this "person" the drawing or likeness will eventually change as well. Like normal pics of people do. People change over time, and so will the "character" .
edit on 1-1-2017 by Advantage because: forgot how to spell.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Well, I'm not so sure about Etsy, but for sure if you want to find someone who will do it, I'd jump onto DeviantArt for instance I was doing a search trying to find this guy I had in mind, but the amount of artists on there is staggering. Take a look at these results for the search Creepy Portraits hopefully you will find MANY more styles of artists, maybe someone more like this one?

Link at least on Deviant Art you can comment and get the artists attention to organise a deal.

Best of luck, and fantastic gift idea for what sounds like an incredible young human!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

I thought Id offer it to other ATSers first, and then look elsewhere with suggestions if no takers. Thank so much, Id totally forgotten about deviant art!!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

There is a facebook group called. "Punk rock art"
There are some really talented portrait artists in there that could do exactly what you want.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Have you seen ladyvalkrie's stuff?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know whether she does commissions, but going from how she describes her process, I think she would be able to come up with something really interesting.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Working on 2 projects right now, so there's that. But you offer lots of room to develop own ideas, definitely not your everyday portrait boredom. All thumbs up.
Now I see a mostly abstract painting and the faint idea of a face with it's eyes cut out and pure colour dripping out.

It's yours if you can handle the shipping over the pond and wait appr. one year and a half for all that other stuff to be finished first. lol.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
i may be able to help. PM me if you're interested.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Super interesting request, and really cool parent you are for trying to get some cool art for your kid!

I'm a mostly abstract artist, and this has my interest, and I tend not to like doing much figurative, especially portraits. But this isn't exactly a portrait, it's an "otherworldly" themed, semi-portrait of a 11 yr olds fictional concept.

Before you get too committed to artists yet, have you heard of a site called deepart.io ? It's one of those photo filter sites, but one I kind of understand. You have to register, but it's free. How it works is you control the images you submit, you submit the first image as a portrait, the second image you submit is the "filter" and gets applied to the first. So example is you take a photo of picasso's face then submit a second image of say his best cubist piece, the result is a really oddly filtered but recognizable portrait of picasso done in his cubist style. I'm hoping it might produce the kind of effect you want, or give you a better idea of what you want.

Ive created some of the trippiest portraits of myself using it combined with photos and my art.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What Aliquandro said.

Choices! Poor Advantage...

I'd suggest to roll a dice or take one piece from every ATS artist over the next decade or so. lol.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Talk to our resident artist, geezlouise, her art is killer.

edit on 11-1-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Plus what AugustusMasonicus said, I'm counting 5.

Ask the disinformation artists as well, pretty cool stuff they have there. Probably ATSers as well.

Choices!!!

new topics

top topics

join