It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese immigrants in America are eager to exercise an unfamiliar right: Gun ownership

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

So I am not healthy.

Car and trucks have been used as weapons sooooo?

I have never killed anyone with all the various "killing tools". It seems that with well over 250,000,000 firearms in the US you are in the minority. That doesn't mean your wrong, or right.

I think anyones love of guns is unhealthy, just like I would anyone who had an obsession with swords or knives.

Cmon dude, I know your an intelligent bloke so I can only assume your messing around by bringing cars and trucks into the equation but for those who might bring it up seriously Ill refute it by saying that anything can be a murder weapon yet only swords and guns are designed specifically to kill.
Comparing guns and cars is like comparing apples and whales.

Im an Aussie so not in the American minority but Id say globally those who want guns for themselves or in their society are in the vast minority.
Im not exaggerating when I say every Aussie Ive ever known to want a gun for themselves has been paranoid or unhinged in a major way, its just not a part of our culture
edit on 31/12/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Your condemning an inanimate object, this is the first time these Chinese Americans can have the opertunity to own a firearm. Do you see a problem with that?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Because shooting stuff is cool. Being that you can't have them there makes them that much better for entertainment. They'll have a kind of mystery and magic element that you can exploit for entertainment purposes.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

No people who aren't properly trained are the ones kidding themselves.
The ENTIRE US MILITARY cannot take and hold the American populace they can only kill some and when that gets old they will fall ...rather quickly because gun lovers are RAMPANT in the military.
I struggle to understand what fears would corner someone NOT to be ready to fight and defend myself ,it seems dangerous and weak.

Some would argue feeling you need a gun to feel safe or defend yourself is weak.
Ive said it many times, I feel there are 2 good reasons for owning guns
1 is you need it for hunting to provide food, not trophy hunting but food
2 is you love guns

All the other reasons gun lovers have are either complete BS or oxymoronic

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Your condemning an inanimate object, this is the first time these Chinese Americans can have the opertunity to own a firearm. Do you see a problem with that?

I see a problem with normally intelligent people like you taking pride in that fact and thinking owning a gun in anyway represents a positive expression of freedom.

If I moved to Sudan I would be able to express my freedoms by having my daughter circumcised, my point being just because something is legal and socially acceptable doesnt mean its inherently right

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

There are plenty of firearms that are not designed to kill. Take a 22 rimfire, not designed to kill.

Does a design condemn a particular object? Or should the deaths that stack up matter?

In other words gun kill less people that cars, cars kill less people than pharma drugs, and pharma drug kill less than men.

So what is your point? Why the stink eye for guns? Have you shot one?

I think anyones love of guns is unhealthy, just like I would anyone who had an obsession with swords or knives.

Cmon dude, I know your an intelligent bloke so I can only assume your messing around by bringing cars and trucks into the equation but for those who might bring it up seriously Ill refute it by saying that anything can be a murder weapon yet only swords and knives are designed specifically to kill.

Im an Aussie so not in the American minority but Id say globally those who want guns for themselves or in their society are in the vast minority.
Im not exaggerating when I say every Aussie Ive ever known to want a gun for themselves has been paranoid or unhinged in a major way, its just not a part of our culture

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I find it really sad that Americans equate gun ownership with freedom.

I understand how intrinsic guns are to American culture but I still find it sickening that you all celebrate it and are so proud of it

Why do you think guns are evil? More people get killed in automobile accidents, medical malpractice, accidental poisoning, and DIY accidents. Even when guns are banned in the UK, criminals just use knives instead.

Back to the cars and Dr's argument I see.

How many people are deliberately run down by cars or deliberately killed by Dr's?
There is a significant difference between accidents and pointing and pulling a trigger

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I enjoy the target shooting and tinkering with the rifles. I also enjoy crossbows, amazing "killing tools"

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You are aware that target shooting is an Olympic Sport? Australia participates and the shooters must own guns, or how do they practice? There are currently 97 nations that participate.

Hunters and target shooters are "paranoid or unhinged"?

Sounds more like you have a phobia or something?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

We have gangsters and home invasions where we live. You likely were not brought up around fire arms. I keep all pistols in a safe, and ammo in another safe. I do keep a Remington Express 12 gage shotgun in my closet with 3 rounds of 00 buckshot for emergencies. It is a collection of guns. I also collect gold and silver coins. I also collect top of the line bicycles, 6 of them. Carbon fiber racing bikes mountain bikes, beach cruisers etc. I also collect tools, I also collect antiques, I collect antique teacups, silver spoons, and teapots.

Just remember... When you need a cops protection right now, they might be there in 10 minutes

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

My favorite is shooting a pump action shotgun. It just feels tough and you can tear up stuff. Hand guns are fun but they just make holes in stuff. Rifles are cool and powerful but are more or less for long target shooting.

But a 12 gauge is close and causes big damage which is fun.

I'm not in to killing animals so I have to look for a different thrill.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Define deliberately, and why does deliberately enter into the equation? Dead is dead. Have you ever shot a rifle?

And if someone kills someone breaking into their house, is that deliberately.

Doctors kill 2,450% more Americans than all gun-related deaths combined

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Medical Mistakes Kill 100,000 Americans A Year (2008)
articles.mercola.com...#!
edit on 31-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

12's are a tough round. Especially 00. That is a powerful round and nice "killing tool".

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

There are plenty of firearms that are not designed to kill. Take a 22 rimfire, not designed to kill.

Does a design condemn a particular object? Or should the deaths that stack up matter?

In other words gun kill less people that cars, cars kill less people than pharma drugs, and pharma drug kill less than men.

So what is your point? Why the stink eye for guns? Have you shot one?

Cmon dude, I know your an intelligent bloke so I can only assume your messing around by bringing cars and trucks into the equation but for those who might bring it up seriously Ill refute it by saying that anything can be a murder weapon yet only swords and knives are designed specifically to kill.

Ive shot an air rifle before and Ill gladly admit it was fun, I reckon it would be awesome to get my hands on a Rambo style gun and go nuts on a field of watermelons or something like that.

Ive kinda realised its more the gun culture and absolute denial from gun lovers that the US has a gun problem that rubs me the wrong way.
Guns are there and they arent going away but to deny there is a problem.... that kind of denial and cognitive disonance is on par with what we saw and still see from Hillary supporters who will blame everything and everyone but Hillary because they are blindly devoted to Hillary.

Can you admit without resorting to strawman arguments that America has a gun problem?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

You wanted dr. info what about that?

I have killed no one, and won't. Of course I wish that people didn't die/kill people with anything, be it a DR., car, or drugs.

If I shoot someone in self defense protecting me and mine, does that count to your gun culture or is that OK?

You just admitted that you are paranoid or unhinged in a major way too, jump in the water is warm.....

Ive shot an air rifle before and Ill gladly admit it was fun, I reckon it would be awesome to get my hands on a Rambo style gun and go nuts on a field of watermelons or something like that.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Oh and an air rifle is a fun, like a pedal bike is fun to a motorcycle.

Get your hands on something that shoots 223 or 7.62 X 39 semi auto. That will put a smile on your face and hair on your chest.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Define deliberately, and why does deliberately enter into the equation? Dead is dead. Have you ever shot a rifle?

And if someone kills someone breaking into their house, is that deliberately.

Doctors kill 2,450% more Americans than all gun-related deaths combined

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Medical Mistakes Kill 100,000 Americans A Year (2008)
articles.mercola.com...#!

Why deliberately you ask, because if we didnt include deliberately and followed through with your line of logic we would need to end up banning everything and even moving as anything can potentially cause death when used irresponsibly.

Guns and swords are the only things you can own that when used properly in the way they were meant to be used result in death.

Do you really not get where Im coming from with this?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Oh and an air rifle is a fun, like a pedal bike is fun to a motorcycle.

Get your hands on something that shoots 223 or 7.62 X 39 semi auto. That will put a smile on your face and hair on your chest.

HAHA

I have no doubt it would
Im not a killjoy, if the smile on your face and hair on your chest are what you own a gun for sweet, no issues

I just hate seeing all these deluded fools who think their semi autos are gonna do them any good in a war against tanks and drones, I hate hearing that "Well if you wanna ban guns then you need to ban cars and Dr's" BS.

Id shut up if you all just said "Yeah we have a gun problem, its messed up, but you know what? Its legal to have one and I love guns!!!"

Guaranteed the first person to cut and paste the above quote gets like 30 stars

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think we both are on a different level.

Seems like you look at a firearm as only a killing tool.

And I see them as target shooting, modifying and no gun I have ever owned has killed anyone.

Also all the rat poison I have hasn't killed anyone, but it could.

I remember seeing a video of a long pile of guns getting steamrolled from your country when they were suddenly outlawed.

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN
www.ncpa.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

"Yeah we have a gun problem, its messed up, but you know what? Its legal to have one and I love guns!!!"

Because it was my quote and I feel if anyone gets the stars it should be me

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join