It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese immigrants in America are eager to exercise an unfamiliar right: Gun ownership

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Chinese born American citizens are in love with fire arms. In China it is very difficult to own becasue they are essentially banned. They love the freedom that they could only dream about in China.

Tony Goa a native Chinese man took his firearm safety test and now has a hand gun license. He was nervous that the police will try to get him. In China he couldn't own a gun, they are generally banned, so Chinese immigrants are very interested in firearms.

Tony Gao emerges from a gun store in City of Industry, Calif., with something he could have never gotten in his native China: a handgun license.

He passed the firearm safety test on his third try — he says the store’s Chinese translation of the test is a little off — but still, he’s a little nervous.

“Are you sure police won’t try to get me?” Gao, 58, asks.

Private gun ownership is generally banned in China. So when Chinese immigrants arrive in the U.S., many are curious about owning firearms.

Gun Effects is a gun store that is very popular with Chinese buyers. Kia Kang is another man form China who was in the Chinese Military and never thought about owning a gun for personal use, until he came to the US. Kang now collects guns for hobby, and goes to shooting ranges with friends and keeps guns for protection.

At Gun Effects, Chinese buyers have shown up in droves to buy the store’s stock of soon-to-be restricted firearms.

Kai Kang, 48, lined up to purchase a scope for one of his guns. He remembers being curious about owning a gun when he came to America about a decade ago. In China he was in the military, but he never thought about owning a gun for his personal use.

Once he had his green card, he decided to try it out. Gun collecting eventually became a hobby. He goes to shooting ranges with his friends and keeps guns in his house for protection.

“I have short guns, long guns, handguns, AR-15s, rifles. I bought one, then I just kept buying more,” Kang said.
www.yahoo.com...

One Customer at the popular gun store started shaking when he held a gun for the first time. The sales person just told the customer that is legal her and don't be scared. Ahhh the first taste of real freedom.

One Chinese customer new to the country started shaking when he held a gun for the first time, Lin said. When he handed the gun back to Lin, it was soaked with sweat.

“I just tell them don’t be scared. It’s legal here,” Lin said.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
They love the freedom that they could only dream about in China.

There is a whole list of freedoms that Chinese immigrants to the US, and the West in general, could only dream about in China.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
its not just Chinese either. i have some Vietnamese friends in Texas and OK that when they visit here in California they are always debating the gun laws here. its weird to see. they love their rifles.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
God Bless the USA!!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I find it really sad that Americans equate gun ownership with freedom.

I understand how intrinsic guns are to American culture but I still find it sickening that you all celebrate it and are so proud of it

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I think that is just awesome.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Why does it bother you?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

We are the final defense of our country. Its the bad people you don't want to have guns. My next door neighbor is a hunter, and I feel safer that he is right there if something goes down. We would defend each other.

Here are a few of mine from bottom to top.Kimber 45 model 1911. Smith and Wesson 357, and on top, the most powerful production hand gun in the world, a Smith and Wesson 500 (50 caliber mag). The 50 was the one that made me shake first time I fired it. I was at an outdoor range all alone. It kicked like a mule and blew a 18" ball of flame out the barrel. I was holding it with both hands. It made my teeth chatter from the concusion

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Very nice hardware. It warms my little heart that humans universally enjoy the freedoms that the Founding Fathers recognized. I feel safer when armed citizens are around.

SKS-Tapco plastic (just becasue it looks cool)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Hey, once you kill a life and pray to God for forgiveness all is good.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

I don't think this story is about killing, it is about a freedom that American's enjoy.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Why does it bother you?

Because its an example of social conditioning and desensitisation, guns are a tool designed specifically to kill.
No normal human with a healthy mind wants to keep a murder tool around them, once again I appreciate its different in America but that difference is one of the symptoms of how sick and messed up American culture is.

If you hunt for food Im all for guns, if you say you have one for protection, fine thats your right under your laws.

Posting pics of them proudly in my opinion doesnt go with being responsible and respecting them for what they are, murder tools, it reeks of just loving guns for the sake of guns.

I actually have more respect for those who plainly claim they have guns because they love them, the people with delusions who think they would use them in some uprising or civil war are just kidding themselves

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Once you kill a satanic tweaker that kicked down your door in a home invasion, you get on your knees and thank God for providing the weapon that saved your familys life. And when the cops arrive 10 minutes later, they will say " Good shooting"!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Chinese action movies a big on guns too. The same way we love kung fu mixed in our action they love guns mixed into theirs.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I dont at all. If it was the middle ages id celebrate spears and swords..maybe horses.. suck it up

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

So I am not healthy.

Car and trucks have been used as weapons sooooo?

I have never killed anyone with all the various "killing tools". It seems that with well over 250,000,000 firearms in the US you are in the minority. That doesn't mean your wrong, or right.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
Very interesting how the cultures mix and work together. We take from them and they take from us.

It is amazing that China has such a ban on private firearms ownership, why allow them in movies.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I dont at all. If it was the middle ages id celebrate spears and swords..maybe horses.. suck it up

My point exactly, your celebrating a weapon.

Ill leave it for you to figure out what that says about you

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I find it really sad that Americans equate gun ownership with freedom.

I understand how intrinsic guns are to American culture but I still find it sickening that you all celebrate it and are so proud of it

Why do you think guns are evil? More people get killed in automobile accidents, medical malpractice, accidental poisoning, and DIY accidents. Even when guns are banned in the UK, criminals just use knives instead.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

No people who aren't properly trained are the ones kidding themselves.
The ENTIRE US MILITARY cannot take and hold the American populace they can only kill some and when that gets old they will fall ...rather quickly because gun lovers are RAMPANT in the military.
I struggle to understand what fears would corner someone NOT to be ready to fight and defend myself ,it seems dangerous and weak.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join