It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so hard for Most Trump supporters to believe Russia tried to influence our election?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I'm pretty sure asking your friends for help with pest control is acceptable.

Calling Sunni Muslims vermin justifies genocide, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Blaming Russia for the CIA's war sure rationalizes causing a "genocide" doesn't it?
edit on 2-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm sure Russia tried to influence our election, just like Obama tried to influence the Israeli election and the Brexit vote. That's a far cry from "hacking the election", as lying liberals are so fond of saying.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: goou111

Im not a trump supporter and i have not seen any evidence that russia had anything to do with the leaks or our election.

Oh me either.. But Its really not that hard to believe Putin would do it.

It's not hard to believe. But neither was Iraq's "weapons of mass destruction". See where I'm going here?

I'm on board when I see some proof that Russia hacked us AND influenced the election significantly.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I'm sure Russia tried to influence our election, just like Obama tried to influence the Israeli election and the Brexit vote. That's a far cry from "hacking the election", as lying liberals are so fond of saying.

Hah. Liberals can barely use a computer. The next step would be to secure a computer. Let alone hack into one.

edit on 2-1-2017 by Doctor Smith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm old enough to realize anything reported by the mainstream media is propaganda. Besides, you'd freak if you knew how much "support" was given by Israel in past elections.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

"Russian hacking" had far less of an impact on our election than our own blatantly biased media. This is all just an attempt by Dems at the blame game. Which is they only thing they are good at.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Until millions of people come forward and say they voted for Trump because they were afraid of nuclear war with Russia then there is no validity to an assertion they tampered with the election. Americans don't respond to threats by cowering, they would be more likely to vote Hillary instead.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Hacking the election haha. Give it up bud. Youve got 30 years experience in IT now a big dog "IT manager" and think a phishing email qualifies as hacking the election? Haha ok guy.

Using spearphishing to gain access and then continued hacks to steal emails for malicious means is yes, hacking to change the mood of the election. They were not changing vote totals, or directly affecting the actual election. They were trying to change the mood on Clinton, and therefor steal votes for Trump she might have otherwise received.

Phishing was simply the doorway for the actual security breach. It was more than someone sealing some keystrokes for some random data. The intelligence agencies said some advanced tools were used, not some cheap phishing tool you can buy for 50 bucks on the dark-web. Not why you feel it was so innocuous.

And regarding whatever the U.S. has done to influence votes in the past in other elections, again.. has nothing to do with this issue. I guarantee had the U.S. been caught stealing Russian emails, who then gave them to another source to release to muddy the Russian election, people on this site would be calling for U.S. government heads to roll.

P.S. DNC - maybe switch to Mimecast, might help in 4 years.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

I am not a Trump supporter. I voted for Jill Stein and would have voted for Bernie Sanders, but this question goes beyond political affiliation.

First of all, Julian Assange and two others say that they know who leaked the emails, that the person was an insider in the intelligence community with access to the emails, and that the emails were not hacked by Russia or anyone else. Choose whom you wish to believe, but Assange has a good track record of truth-telling and the U.S. intelligence community are habitual liars. Being a computer system administrator, I myself have done some sleuthing on Russian and Chinese hackers, and can tell you that they are always on the prowl, just like the NSA is, for whatever gain they can come up with, and it is no big deal. I can also tell you that government hackers hide their tracks as much as possible and don't make it so easy for us to point the finger at them. There was one case where it looked like the hacking was coming from servers in Ukraine, when it was really coming from China.

Second, the U.S. State Department, CIA and its media assets have been trying to make Putin and Russia into a scary, evil threat for several years now for a number of ulterior motives, the most obvious being maintenance of the petro-dollar and keeping the military-industrial complex employed. Hillary Clinton was very much a part of this, and is a big reason why i refused to vote for her. I have worked with (but not exactly in) the intelligence community long enough to know that lying is the norm, and you always have to look for ulterior motives.
edit on 4-1-2017 by sorgfelt because: typo

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sorgfelt

First of all, Julian Assange and two others say that they know who leaked the emails, that the person was an insider in the intelligence community with access to the emails, and that the emails were not hacked by Russia or anyone else.

Do you have a source for that other than Infowars?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
As most of you know I am a Trump supporter but I have no doubt Russia did everything they could to try and influence our election and get Trump elected.

I have never seen so much imminent nuclear war talk at least since the 80s. Putin went so far as to tell all those reporters about how they have been making offensive weapons this whole time and how most Americans do not even realize the danger they are in.

He has the cities do nuclear war drills . So now that Trump is elected what happened to all the imminent war talk? I mean not a peep.

We have even gone so far as to accuse him of personally hacking the emails and retaliated by expelling people from the country and threatening sanctions.

And go figure no nuclear threats no war threats ,just we will wait and see what Trump does.

Why? Because he got what he wanted, Trump elected.

So why is it so hard for some of you to believe they hacked and or leaked the emails? It does not make a Trump presidency any less valid. Unless you can prove he colluded with Russia the whole time to pull it off.

People still voted on their own they were just more informed then the left wanted them to be.

I wish people would stop putting Putin the former colonel in the KGB on such a pedestal the guy is all ESTABLISHMENT.

Because the President said there is no way they could rig the election

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It's not tickling their ears. It's not what they want to hear.

See 2 Timothy 4:3,4.

Which is the same reason it's so easy for you to believe that is the case, cause it IS tickling your ears (or at least it isn't rubbing you the wrong way, it's not bothering you to believe it to be the case).
edit on 10-1-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Why is it so hard for Most Hillary supporters to believe that Russia didn't try to influence our election?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: alan55
Why is it so hard for Most Hillary supporters to believe that Russia didn't try to influence our election?

Why is it so hard for Trump supporters to let go of Hillary? This isn't about Hillary Clinton, it is about the possibility that the next President of he United States may have been compromised by a foreign power.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Because the President said there is no way they could rig the election

No-one is saying the election was rigged but Russian trolls. Russia has been waging an "information war" against the world, and has scored a major victory. Their next target is France.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Russia very well could have, but there is no evidence. There is evidence though that america us hell bent on starting a war with russia. There is money in war.

Russia are not the bad guys here.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: alan55

Why is it so hard for Trump supporters to let go of Hillary? This isn't about Hillary Clinton, it is about the possibility that the next President of he United States may have been compromised by a foreign power.

I would not say compromised. I would say that trump wants better ties with russia, while hillary would have done everything to start a war, being a war mongering sciopath that she is.

I am not a trumo supporter, but i am happy that ties will be better with russia. I am worried though with what has said about china.

At the end of the day, sociopaths run this planet, and most prob always have

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join