It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines Duterte: I threw suspect from helicopter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: crazyewok

Is there a Government in existence that isn't corrupt? If there is I'd like to know which! I would say that every Government is corrupt just some are better at hiding it than others. Why? Because we humans are driven by greed and at a genetic level by sex...so easily corruptible

True

But the philipines took it to new levels.

Basicaly no part of there goverment was functioning.

Its a country that has a lot going for it. It should be for all intents and purposes be a moderatly wealthy country. Maybe not on the level of us or japan but it has the resources and potential economy to do well, even be a regional power.

But corruption is so bad that its a 3rd world # hole with some of the worst standards of living in asia when there is no reason for it !

As such there is a lot of resentment of the common people. Duerte is a monster but one if the filipino goverment establishment making!
edit on 29-12-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The man's barking mad. Somebody once accused him of overseeing a death squad, and he corrected them by saying, " No! I do the killing personally" Allegedly, those killings are in the thousands.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

This guy sure is thirsty for international attention.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The more bizarre thing is how America has actually indoctrinated our people to be excited to lose our young ones and put the country in exponential debt at the expense of tax payers for these failures.

The results are either a reflection of complete Incompetence and failure to learn from lessons, or the mission was to always keep the conflicts alive. Neither would surprise me.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I like this guy... we need more people like him, someone needs to go through the pedo elite like a scythe through butter.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: intrptr

You think some replacement for Pablo isn't running thing's? thank god they got Pablo, look at how drug free the U.S. is now.
Makes not 1 iota of difference when big profit to be made.

Ongoing battle of attrition. You want to give in?

You got kids?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadMoonJester
I like this guy... we need more people like him, someone needs to go through the peso elite like a scythe through butter.

Totally agree with that. Little guys throwing mud at the empires and their precious status quo.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You think some replacement for Pablo isn't running thing's? thank god they got Pablo, look at how drug free the U.S. is now. Makes not 1 iota of difference when big profit to be made.

That's an interesting point. The mystery of Duterte's war on drugs could just be a change of drug lords at the highest chain of the criminal syndicate. Almost every news of a drug bust, be it a supplier, a smuggler or manufacturer like the one in Pampanga can be traced from a Chinese connection, but not a word from the media or the government agencies of what sort of Chinese they are? Are they from mainland China, Taiwan or somewhere else?

Like most governments, the Philippine government is institutionally corrupt but so is the private sector- the big banks, the large government contractors and so on and so forth, the same goes to the religious institutions. We often denounce with righteous indignation the heinous crimes committed by drug addicts but we sometimes fail to see the more heinous crimes that are committed by seemingly respectable people that are protectors of drug lords, high officials that plunder the government coffers with impunity or the people that arbitrarily order their military to invade another country in the name of big business.

Duterte is not much different from Aquino, the previous president, granting that he's only in office for less than a year. From a local observation, here in the city where I live is business as usual. We have a neighbor who sells crack or shabu, our local barangay official's brother is also a drug dealer that was caught during the previous administration, fearing for his life under Duterte's government, he was one of the several thousands who surrendered to the police and was said to be laying low whatever that means from a former drug dealer's perspective. What puzzles us is this brother of our local official, they are from a very rich clan that have a very profitable legal business. A few blocks away, the other head of the barangay is also a crack dealer. Was it because our current mayor supported Duterte during his presidential campaign?

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
]
edit on 29-12-2016 by underwerks because: Bbcode

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

May the Queen of Death judge them harshly in the afterlife..

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

May the Queen of Death judge them harshly in the afterlife..

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
well when laws do nothing but help corruption fester and make people with power and money feel safe in their depraved actions, well you have to do something to protect your people.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
a reply to: vonclod

You think some replacement for Pablo isn't running thing's? thank god they got Pablo, look at how drug free the U.S. is now. Makes not 1 iota of difference when big profit to be made.

That's an interesting point. The mystery of Duterte's war on drugs could just be a change of drug lords at the highest chain of the criminal syndicate. Almost every news of a drug bust, be it a supplier, a smuggler or manufacturer like the one in Pampanga can be traced from a Chinese connection, but not a word from the media or the government agencies of what sort of Chinese they are? Are they from mainland China, Taiwan or somewhere else?

Like most governments, the Philippine government is institutionally corrupt but so is the private sector- the big banks, the large government contractors and so on and so forth, the same goes to the religious institutions. We often denounce with righteous indignation the heinous crimes committed by drug addicts but we sometimes fail to see the more heinous crimes that are committed by seemingly respectable people that are protectors of drug lords, high officials that plunder the government coffers with impunity or the people that arbitrarily order their military to invade another country in the name of big business.

Duterte is not much different from Aquino, the previous president, granting that he's only in office for less than a year. From a local observation, here in the city where I live is business as usual. We have a neighbor who sells crack or shabu, our local barangay official's brother is also a drug dealer that was caught during the previous administration, fearing for his life under Duterte's government, he was one of the several thousands who surrendered to the police and was said to be laying low whatever that means from a former drug dealer's perspective. What puzzles us is this brother of our local official, they are from a very rich clan that have a very profitable legal business. A few blocks away, the other head of the barangay is also a crack dealer. Was it because our current mayor supported Duterte during his presidential campaign?

Ugh...hang in there. You're not the only ones in for a bumpy ride.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I like this guy... we need more people like him, someone needs to go through the peso elite like a scythe through butter.

Totally agree with that. Little guys throwing mud at the empires and their precious status quo.

Except he is really not. Chinese businesses are exporting massive amounts of methylamine straight into the Philippines for the local manufacturing of methamphetamine. There will always be little fish to catch. This is the problem with his supposed philosophy. Duterte has not proven he has the courage to say what everyone is thinking and that this, why is China allowing this to happen? Why is China disregarding the exportation of chemicals specifically for the production of meth in their neighbors country? He can kill as many street corner addicts and dealers that he wants. It's not going to change the fact that meth will be manufactured in the Philippines on a large scale.

Personally, I believe him to be involved in his own criminal activity. The flow of chemicals has not stopped so who is manufacturing the product now? It's highly suspicious and small numbers of his own supporters are beginning to question him.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

I don't believe the sudden rhetoric against him is nay but generated to ridicule and discredit him for openly telling the US, Kerry, Obama and the military to GTFO.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

No, not blessed with children..former addict a decade back, I do understand your concern.
I think the war is not winnable. Money is better spent on treatment and education..sounds corny but winning hearts and minds here is more important than severe punishment.
I don't agree with a free for all either..it's a huge problem with no simple solution, I firmly belive though, the current solutions have not solved anything.
Peace.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

All the Fentanyl is coming out of China.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

No, not blessed with children..former addict a decade back, I do understand your concern.
I think the war is not winnable. Money is better spent on treatment and education..sounds corny but winning hearts and minds here is more important than severe punishment.
I don't agree with a free for all either..it's a huge problem with no simple solution, I firmly belive though, the current solutions have not solved anything.
Peace.

I think they will continue to demonize him because he snubbed the US gubment. I think theres a lot of that going around. The world is waking up, growing tired of US interventions and regime change (really wars of conquest for resources and territory). What balls to stand up and tell it like it is.

The US always accuses leaders it doesn't like of being terrorists or drug dealers, SOP.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Not a fan of extrajudicial killings but in the case of government corruption i make a exception.

Problem with corruption is that you cant go through normal judicial channels as they are.....well corrupt.

the danger in his actions, is what happens when he begins to define what corruption is?

as history shows time and time again, this could be the genesis of a regime, and dictatorship.
'i deem what or who right or wrong and punish according to my resolve.'
i cant wait to see them in 10 years.
edit on 29-12-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

You never know, your Mayor may have gotten a pass.
It's a very hard thing to stop..human nature, the desire to escape lifes struggles..I guess a better life and hope help's. Then you have greed from the upper mgmt, I bet most of the street dealers are users.
China is deep in it..providing the chemicals needed to anyone.
There were some Canadian gangsters that had set up shop there, after escaping a local gang war. They got busted, but for some reason charges dropped.

edit on 29-12-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join