It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines Duterte: I threw suspect from helicopter

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You never know, your Mayor may have gotten a pass. It's a very hard thing to stop..human nature, the desire to escape lifes struggles..I guess a better life and hope help's. Then you have greed from the upper mgmt, I bet most of the street dealers are users.

Well I'm the eternal optimist, can't help it. I actually enjoy wallowing in despair. It's always been this way, so we're living our normal third world life.

I'm willing to give Duterte the benefit of doubt and give him more time to do his job, as I have said Duterte is exactly only six months in office today. Maybe most of us got carried away by his different kind of rhetoric and are impatient for actual results of seeing all the big fishes in jail. Maybe Duterte really want to make a considerable dent to our country's drug problem but I'm more worried about his choice of cabinet members, advisers and temporary allies. Most of them were part of the previous corrupt administrations of status quo.

China is deep in it..providing the chemicals needed to anyone.

That's still not clear to me if the actual drugs and raw materials come from mainland China. What if it's coming from Taiwan? It changes the whole dynamics and implications, will this mean least an indirect connection to the US?

There were some Canadian gangsters that had set up shop there, after escaping a local gang war. They got busted, but for some reason charges dropped.

I read about the news about the Canadians, the problem lies with Aguirre the secretary of justice. His office now stinks to high heaven. The bureau of immigration is under the DoJ. A few weeks ago more than a thousand Chinese personnel of on-line gaming were under custody of BI for not having the proper documentations, more than fifty tried to bribe their way out, about twenty were caught the other twenty plus Chinese including their big boss Jack Lam escaped. Two high ranking immigration officials admitted that they received 15M Pesos each and to their defense, they said during a press con that the money they have are evidence for a future case of bribery... so go figure why they are still not behind bars. These two high ranking immigration officials are fraternity brothers of Aguirre who also happens to be Duterte's co-frat members. Coincidence? Maybe his own choice of men around him are pulling him down? I'm afraid Jeff Gates was right "Money is smarter than people."

a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Ugh...hang in there. You're not the only ones in for a bumpy ride.

Thanks, it'll be a verrry interrresting rrride.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the OP, I heard of the incident of throwing suspected criminals out in the sea from a helicopter back in the early to mid 2000. One of my uncles was a photographer of a government agency and was assigned several times to Davao. If my memory serves me right, it was a story he heard from fellow government employees from Davao... anyway, a third hand account for what it's worth. Sorry no pictures... so I guess it didn't happen.
edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

The Philippine people are growing weary of their leader acting more like Charlie Sheen than a dignified president...

-Chris

My wife is Filipino and everyone she knows still loves him. Except her dad, because now he is too scared to break the law.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I think she meant to say US neocons are growing weary......

I personally am not too keen on Deurte but have friends in the philipines and they all agree with what your wife says and i cant blame them as the government there was so corrupt it made DC look like a bastion of morals and honesty!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Duterte hated Obama .. he is hopeful for Trump.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

One of my friend's is from the Philippines and has family there, same thing..they seem to be ok with Duterte.
It's still early though..let's take a look a few years in.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Oh definitely. But the person saying the people already want him gone is simply wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Latest Reuters fake news about Duterte are really funny! I wonder who comes up with them!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join