It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questioning Reincarnation: Past life memories may not be what they seem to be.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I was just involved in a very short discussion about reincarnation in another thread. I asked for supporting evidence and was provided with a short video clip on the subject of people remembering past lives. Now I realize a lot of ATSers are believers in reincarnation. Personally, I don't see the logic in dying and returning with a wiped memory over and over again for the purpose of learning new truths. It seems more constructive to me, to build knew knowledge and abilities upon already understood/applied knowledge and ability, which would logically require clear memory. If it took us multiple lifetimes to learn what we are destined to learn, then wouldn't God or the Universe just provide us with extra long lives in proportion to that agenda?

Here is my problem with the "past lives memory" claims. Its not that I believe them to be hoaxes, but they might not be what they seem. When I was a young child, I had a dream that there was an outer door on the side of my house. This door took me to another realm; A kingdom ruled by a tyrant king, only known by the title, "The King of the Kids". The only details that I could remember about this dream was that this evil king enslaved children and they never grew up or escaped. Somehow, I was able to escape the same way I got there, through the door on the side of my house.

This dream was so intense. I woke up in a frenzy to get outside to see if the door was there. I didn't even take the time change out of my PJs or to say good morning to my grandmother who watched me on the weekends. I simple ran out the back door, ran around the side of the house, and came to a sudden stop when I saw the area where the door was supposed to be. There was no door there. There never was, in the past history of that house's construction, and I had no reason to believe that a door should be there, but I did believe it. Ever since my family had moved into that house, there never was a door there, yet for some reason, the dream had me convinced that the door should have been there.

Oddly enough, years later, my mother wanted to convert the house into a duplex, so my grandfather and I knocked out the wall in the very spot of my dream and built a door there. I had no say in choosing the location of its placement. However, the door leads to a small apartment where my grandparents now live, not to another dimension where a tyrant enslaves children.

So my point is, dreams that we believe to be memories can be deceptive. I once dreamed that I had a micro chip placed into my left hand (between the index finger and thumb) by the police, and then I was thrown into a modern day concentration camp with some co-workers. I woke up with a pain in my hand, and I was really expecting to find a micro chip there, even though I knew there wasn't one.

My hypothesis on the phenomenon is as follows. There are entities (demons/trans dimensional beings/evil spirits) that interact with our minds when we enter the dream state. I have experienced their presence, and have even had to fight them on multiple occasions. They have the ability to incept delusions, lies, and perhaps even real memories that have been duplicated and/or extracted from other souls. Children are especially susceptible to this. Therefore, many of us experience dreams that we may take as our own memories, when they are indeed events that never really happened. These delusions are incepted into our minds to distract us from discovering the truth, to cause us to ask the wrong questions.

I'm not trying to convince you that reincarnation is false, or that past life memories are false. Your conclusions are your own. I am simply voicing my unpopular opinion based on some of my own personal experiences. So ask yourself now, in light of this possibility, are you asking the right questions?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The Ra material covers why we have such a short lifespan, but used to have one much longer. I see exactly what you are saying though. I think the hidden hand stuff mentions this also. I have no idea the validity of it all but it sure is fascinating.

Anyway I forgot to add, something about the planet/atmosphere or air quality, I forgot really. Radiation even maybe.
edit on 27-12-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You misunderstand the purpose of these "life" lessons.

To learn new perspectives and understanding one must first separate themselves from their ego.

How can an immortal unbroken male ego that grew up prosperous learn what it means to be a poor woman broken from a lifetime of abuse? How could an immortal version of the woman learn the reverse? Without first forgetting their previous life no true understanding can be attained as their perspective will be forever tainted by the first. One must be freed of the previous life to learn the lessons of the new.

To truly learn from and understand a perspective, and a life, and all the lessons that come with it, one must live it fully, be immersed in it, free from other distractions, from other lives.

In other words, to truly understand a person, one must walk a mile in their shoes. These are the character building lessons reincarnation is supposedly meant to teach.

Through reincarnation one learns and gains true understanding of different perspectives, to gain a wholeness of how we are all connected, the true repercussions of our actions, and in the end, truly understand and see how we are all connected and one through true understanding.

The daemon remembers all lives all lessons. It holds within it the experiences, understandings, learning, and growth of all. Each death brings with it an aha of greater understanding.
edit on 12/27/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

If what your saying is true I really want out. I rather fade into nothingness than to reincarnate into this savage world.

If I have no choice but to reincarnate than I would like to gather like minded souls and launch a rebellion against the creator of the Universe.

edit on 12/27/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

A prosperous man can easily experience bankruptcy or theft, and have to walk the shoes of a poor man. Women like J.K. Rowling have gone from rags to riches in one lifetime. I still don't see the need for reincarnation.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

If reincarnation were an indisputable truth, then I would join you in your rebellion.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I'm simply explaining the concept as I understand it. Not sure I believe it. Though there is some compelling evidence for some of it. There's something to it, along with other related phenomena that come together to create a story. If what I say is true. Remember this, you're talking from the perspective of this life, not the whole of your many lives. You're Daemon may in fact have a different perspective, one you will understand better when you add this life to the totality of the rest.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Well what if only a few people reincarnate while the rest of the populace lived only once. David Mitchell the author of Cloud Atlas, actually explored this concept in his other novel the Bone Clocks.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

It is still not the same.

Going from riches to rags, or rags to riches, from healthy to abuse, or from abuse to healthy are very different things.

If you true believe one who starts one way but becomes the other and someone who does the reverse is the same you're lacking much in terms of perspective. Each went into their new situation with different experiences and understandings.

It is not the same.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

What if reincarnation is more cyclical, what if there is only one person, what if we are all one, simply living through all perspectives? What if reincarnation is simply infinity and we are that infinity taken form, each of us sharing one small part of all possibilities?

PS: Just random nonsensical what if. Doesn't actually fit much of the evidence.
edit on 12/27/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Nah what's tha purpose of coming back over an over? A bit rhetorical ain't it.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I think the transition is what makes the difference. Going from rags to riches or riches to rags, or healthy to sick and sick to healthy, all with memory of the change, that is what provides perspective. Not compartmentalization of experience. That is fragmentation of the mind. Cant be healthy in any way.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The problem I'm very skeptical of how reincarnation was presented. Now I do believe there is a form of reincarnation out there just not the way the New Age types present it.

In fact I'm partly skeptical due to claims of it being channeled information and as far as I know I'm very much against channeling after seeing it actually gradually drives people insane because in order for spirits to take physical form they need to get it from the life force of a person.

Another reason I'm skeptical because if you know some things about ancient Indian civilization, reincarnation was also originally used to by the TPTB to control the populace into not changing the status quo. Basically its used so that the lower class will behave and believe if they don't rebel they will be promised a better incarnation in their next life.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You're learning entirely different things. You can't learn what it's like to be a poor child without being one. The Deamon is not compartmentalized, the life is.

Being a poor child comes with entirely different learning experiences than being a rich child. Even if the poor child becomes a rich adult, or the rich child a poor adult. Different things are felt and learned. By living both lives you've learned both lessons.

There is much to learn from that transition, yes, both of them, thus why you get to live both lives, and other lives where one suffers no such growth or loss.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Its as valid as any other theory out there of course, put alongside the akashic records and the multiverse linking.

Personally my pet theory is that we are seriously ancient beings that occasionally "refresh" our perspective once we want to reinvigorate ourselves to the universe.

Sort of like..you only have 1 movie to watch for eternity..and its a fantastic movie, but its only 1...it will get dull very quickly. But, if you could forget the movie and rewatch for the first time....

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Oh I mostly ignore channelers. I don't trust in that kind of thing. Could be weird trickster entities or who knows what else. Not to mention simply liars.

I use more odd "glitches in the matrix" weird stories that seem to happen spontaneously in the lives of children and adults, near death experience with odd aspects that seem to be confirmable and hard to explain away.

There's been enough I've heard about that I'm not simply writing it all off.

link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I wish I could wipe my memory of Fight Club and watch it over and over and over and over....I love that movie.

link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Another reason I'm skeptical because if you know some things about ancient Indian civilization, reincarnation was also originally used to by the TPTB to control the populace into not changing the status quo. Basically its used so that the lower class will behave and believe if they don't rebel they will be promised a better incarnation in their next life.

All religious concepts are used by government and authority. If you dont rebel and be a good boy / turn the other cheek, then you sit at a higher place in heaven and the like.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: SaturnFX

I wish I could wipe my memory of Fight Club and watch it over and over and over and over....I love that movie.

I would choose The Matrix. (irony)
That movie blew my mind when it went from nerd drama to sci-fi. (didn't know anything about it..figured it would be about hacking)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'm not a reincarnation believer. I personally think that past life experiences are someone else's past (or future) lives, not our own. That we occasionally pick them up, some stronger than others, is merely our position in the Tapestry,

We are all connected and sometimes the subconscious catches the pattern of another being near it in the weave. Doesn't really matter if that one is a past life, a present or future one. It's just a random crossing.

You would think of the Tapestry as an Overmind, perhaps. The interweaving of all that is and will be and our little parts in it. our pathway. A planetary subconsciousness? The concept is hard to translate into English.

Just my opinion because I've ran into it before in my life and had to add my two cents.

edit on 20Tue, 27 Dec 2016 20:33:03 -0600America/Chicago16th2016-12-27T20:33:03-06:00pmTuesdayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join