It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iconic Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: GCoot
a reply to: goou111

She shouldn't have talked trash about my guy Trump. No sympathy here, I prefer a reality without her in it.

I am a trump supporter and you are an idiot

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

She shouldn't have talked trash about my guy Trump. No sympathy here, I prefer a reality without her in it.

.......ugh can we not? Where do you newbies with this sort of nasty diatribe keep coming from?

My apologies, I'll leave you to flatter someone you idolize because they were in a movie. That makes more sense than I could.

.....I dont Idolize anyone.......

What I do is recognize peoples accomplishments and Icons from a Time past, a time of fond memories for a lot of us......and when they part this earth it is indeed sad......

Should probably calm down that vitriol

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Wow, what a jerk

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I prefer a reality without douche bags, but....well, one can't always get what one wants, can we?

It's a shame that your politics are so dirty and pervasive that you're incapable of being a decent human.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Wtf is wrong with you? I thought Trump supporters were supposed to be real really nice....🙄

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

You're being too kind.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Remind me who else we lost again?

heres a list, not updated i dont think the last month but perhaps...

People lost

Alan Rickman, Prince, David Bowie, Gary Shandling, Gene Wilder, Carrie Fisher, Patty Duke,Glen Frey just a few

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
get a grip people - ms fischer was 60 - and , has been pointed out in other threads didnt aloways choose the healthiest lifestyle option availiable

yup - she is dead - and so today [ acording to google ] are 151600 other people

there wasnt any thread or outpouring for all the other 1516-- people that dide today or yesterday - and i suspect that ATS will be selective in its greif for the next 150 k who die tomorrow

i - like most of ATS - never met ms fischer - and only know that she made some freat movies - and looked hot in a slave bikinini

no offence to the people that were ACTUALLY friends and family and will be in REAL mourning now

they have my sympathy - it sucks

but as 2016 draws to a close - i has binner and more important things to wory about - that concern me - and i make no appoloies - i is more important

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

She was a total badass R.I.P

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

.......ugh can we not? Where do you newbies with this sort of nasty diatribe keep coming from?

My apologies, I'll leave you to flatter someone you idolize because they were in a movie. That makes more sense than I could.

What I do is recognize peoples accomplishments and Icons from a Time past, a time of fond memories for a lot of us......and when they part this earth it is indeed sad......

So Carrie was more accomplished than the thousands of others who died today that you didn't make a thread about?

Or, you accept and participate in our society's idol worship of meaningless actors and other celebrities, and I should too?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I had seen this morning that she was in stable condition finally, as opposed to critical care. Damn shame

I expected that to happen. Cardiac patients often improve dramatically just before they expire. Her heart just took too many beatings over the years. This is very sad. I idolized Princess Leia as a child. Saw all the original movies in the theater. May the Force be with her spirit now as she journeys through the Veil. 60 is so young.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You've got to be kidding.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I prefer a reality without douche bags, but....well, one can't always get what one wants, can we?

It's a shame that your politics are so dirty and pervasive that you're incapable of being a decent human.

You can get whatever you want in this life but sadly for you most of it involves leaving the house.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
get a grip people - ms fischer was 60 - and , has been pointed out in other threads didnt aloways choose the healthiest lifestyle option availiable

yup - she is dead - and so today [ acording to google ] are 151600 other people

there wasnt any thread or outpouring for all the other 1516-- people that dide today or yesterday - and i suspect that ATS will be selective in its greif for the next 150 k who die tomorrow

i - like most of ATS - never met ms fischer - and only know that she made some freat movies - and looked hot in a slave bikinini

no offence to the people that were ACTUALLY friends and family and will be in REAL mourning now

they have my sympathy - it sucks

but as 2016 draws to a close - i has binner and more important things to wory about - that concern me - and i make no appoloies - i is more important

We mourn public figures because they touched our lives in some meaningful way. Most people do not mourn them in the same way they would mourn a lost friend or family member, which involves months or years of cycling through the grief process.

We do not mourn the 150,000 people who die everyday because they did not touch us in some meaningful way (or if they did, we are not aware of it).

Although, it is still possible to mourn people whose plight was explained to us after the fact.

If you'd like to create 150,000 threads respecting the other dead folk, knock yourself out. There's no reason to piss all over this one.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Wow, what a jerk

In this case, I agree.
And you know my political position.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

So Carrie was more accomplished than the thousands of others who died today that you didn't make a thread about?

Or, you accept and participate in our society's idol worship of meaningless actors and other celebrities, and I should too?

1st , no one made you read or reply to this thread, so your participation there in, is of your own volition...dont project on to me or the OP

2. Sure lots of people die every day, and other peoples accomplishments arent any less deserving.....however

That still has no bearing on people recognizing those who we remember growing up, and watching, listening too etc...

Especially those who were part of something , that for a lot of us , INSPIRED us, many many people were inspired by that film to take jobs that changed the world, changed science, changed our perception of things.....

I dont understand the vitriol and animosity that comes from people like you honestly......

Dont like the thread? Dont like whats being said in honor of someone who was a childhood legend for a lot of people? Dont look at it.....

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You can get whatever you want in this life but sadly for you most of it involves leaving the house.

Aw, no need to lash out. I know feelings can sometimes get hurt when one thinks somebody is talking about you, but really there's no need to try and drag others down to your level.

I know it's easy to get upset that somebody made a thread about another person and people are giving somebody other than yourself attention but hey, it's okay buddy. It happens. And now that you've had your few minutes of time in the spotlight, I'll get back to ignoring you and paying attention to the actual topic instead of your need for attention.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Wow...

Can we please get to Sunday without any more famous people karking it?

I'm becoming desensitised to it all.

RIP

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just here to log my condolences and sorrow over her passing.

It was my greatest pride to be referred to as Princess Leia when I was a young girl with super long hair. I would do the buns just to make my peers and teachers smile.

Thanks for being such a great role model for women everywhere. I can't imagine the pain her mother is going through, having outlived a child, but to her I say thank you for giving the world such a talented and wonderful soul.

-Alee

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: GCoot

Why do you have to pull trump into the picture? If that's all you got to day then move along.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join