It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women expected to be crazy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

wait till you see the other 12,000 volumes

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Women are crazy?

Er, the world is run by men. Need I say more?

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gr8skott
Women are definitely crazy. I believe it's an effect of the estrogen and/or progesterone hormone on their system. A woman will perceive and recall an incident where she was treated wrongly even if it did not occur. She truly experiences it and believes it. The female hormones are a powerful hallucinogenic substance. Also, I believe that menopause and the struggle that goes along with it is akin to drug withdrawal. As the levels of those powerful hormones drop and stop affecting their brains, it's a tough transition.

a reply to: Profusion

A friend once told me, ' you can't expect much from such 'species' that constantly is on a chemical roller-coaster and only has about two sane days a month between periods'.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The sanest/happiest women are the ones that are in a stable relationship and getting plenty of the good stuff, the reverse is true of those that aren't.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
LOL.....This thread reminded me of this old movie clip

To be honest...both men and women are batcrap crazy in their own ways I suppose

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well, going by how my wife lost the plot yesterday for absolutely no reason whatsoever and went up sobbing to our room and yelled at her mother who only went to see if she was alright...yes, they are all f•vking nuts.

shes type 1 diabetic and she says her sugar levels were dropping fast...but I'm starting to think that's her go to reason for acting irrationally.

As Norm Peterson said in Cheers.

"Women, can't live with 'em...pass the beer nuts."

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Great point. She turned a beautiful relationship into a bad joke.

originally posted by: Bluesma
One time I said, " we american women want to appeal to the eye of men, even if we aren't actually looking for a mate, it is just assumed we should take the male fantasy as reference for how we should be."

Can you substantiate that claim with anything beyond your own opinion? For instance, do you know of any experts on the issue who hold that view?

originally posted by: tigertatzen

It's Christmas; widely regarded as the loneliest time of the year, and here you are on ATS writing a thread disparaging women and encouraging others to do the same.

Where did I disparage women in this thread? Where I have ever written anything on this forum that would make it seem that I have disdain for women? I know you're not allowed to quote my previous posts. Please just post a link to the relevant thread(s)...if that's possible. I know it's not.

What does loneliness have to do with this thread? A woman could have burned a building down possibly killing herself and others. People just seem to take that in stride as how women are. The question being posed in this thread is a serious one.

Since you're questioning the accuracy of my story, I will not discuss that issue with you. I can't prove that it happened, and it would be inappropriate for me to try to prove it happened even if I could.
edit on 26-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

One time I said, " we american women want to appeal to the eye of men, even if we aren't actually looking for a mate, it is just assumed we should take the male fantasy as reference for how we should be."

Can you substantiate that claim with anything beyond your own opinion? For instance, do you know of any experts on the issue who hold that view?

Don't be peurile.... in a post expressing my personal revelations about my own internal mind workings?

There might be research out there done about "Bluesma's personal views and evolution" who can back up my claims about myself, but I highly doubt it.

The point was, I was surprised about my own view on the subject ("horrified" was the word I used) and it revealed to me a deep belief that emotions, if not correctly controlled and groomed by the intellect, are dangerous and "crazy" in the natural wild and instinctual form.

I don't think I am alone in that belief- it is largely part of our Protestant heritage that was a big influence in forming our country. Satan was once largely considered to be our "animal" nature (hence the images of him having a part animal body), and that undercurrent remains in part of the culture. (that HAS been studied by social psychologists).
It is also the base principle underlying the ideas that men are naturally dangerous, violent sex fiends, who must learn to control and tame that nature in themselves.

I understand my revelation on myself as being uncomfortable and provoking one to want to object. I did too.
But getting out of your usual contexts causes you to have to see some really uncomfortable things about your own cultural education. That's why denial exists- to avoid such moments of discomfort.

The part of my post which needs to be taken into account if you read the rest (in order to understand the theory I am presenting) is that women represent emotions, and men represent intellect, and that in a couple, they will act out their values and beliefs about those parts.

If two persons believe emotions are "crazy" , then in their couple, the woman will act crazy.
If they believe emotions are wise sources of information and guidance, the woman will act as so.

I don't want to back that up with anything (though I suspect I could).... because I'd rather leave the door open for you to reflect and consider, and argue if you so wish. I want to invite people to look within, not run them over with force from without.

edit on 26-12-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Don't be peurile.... in a post expressing my personal revelations about my own internal mind workings?

There might be research out there done about "Bluesma's personal views and evolution" who can back up my claims about myself, but I highly doubt it.

I thought the following statement was an attempt to express an objective truth. I don't make statements like that without having objective evidence for why my position is correct.

I found some articles for you on the topic. I find it very interesting too. In fact, I started the following thread on it:

Is Makeup Like War Paint?

The reason I asked for another source for your point of view is because your view seems to be very unusual to me.

4 Reasons Why Women Wear Makeup (For Those Who Just Don’t Get It)

There are usually two general viewpoints towards women who wear make up every day: 1) “They look professional, put together, and ready for their day;” or, 2) “They are ‘try-hards’ and put too much effort into their appearance. Why not go for the more natural look?”

1. Really, we just do it for ourselves.

2. It’s PURRTYYY.

3. It corrects thing that we cannot always correct on our own.

4. It’s a way to be expressive.

LINK

The idea of a woman feeling the need to “put her face on” before confronting the world may seem retro, but according to a new study, that impulse might not be so dated. Two-thirds of women surveyed said that heading to the office bare-faced caused them more stress than public speaking, going on a first date or enduring a job interview, reported The Daily Mail.

The survey, conducted by The Vitality Show, a UK-based wellness event for women, polled 3,000 British women about their make-up habits. The heartening news was that over 50 percent women said that they are more than happy to show their makeup-free faces to close friends, family members and significant others. But when it comes to the workplace or romantic encounters, makeup supposedly can make or break a woman’s confidence.

LINK

I was thinking about starting the following thread for a while. I just decided to do it.

Celebrities That Play Nerds But Are Hotter In Real Life?
edit on 26-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I thought the following statement was an attempt to express an objective truth. I don't make statements like that without having a objective evidence for why my position is correct.

Okay, I see. I make it a habit to express my opinions, without posing them as objective truths, especially in the area of psychology and sociology- because these are "soft sciences". I'm not so much interested in being "right" or "winning" a discussion, as I am interested in provoking thought and insight into the self.

I found some articles for you on the topic.

Okay. But it isn't the first time that topic has been brought up here (one of those articles in particular was the topic of a thread here I took part in the past.) I do think women use make up largely for themselves... and yet, I still see that as circling back to the same principle- that women feel that their natural state of being is unacceptable. That it should be tamed and groomed to adhere to what our conscious intellect deems acceptable instead.

(this is my personal opinion)

Women can keep this masculine ego inside and dress "to please themselves"; but while in a relationship , and with their partner, they will tend to project that ego outside, onto their partner, trying to please him instead.
(just as he will project upon her his emotional side while with her).

Ultimately, the crux of what I am proposing here is that we are NOT detached and free from the influence of others, especially while in a relationship. Projection and role playing is not just a popular way of saying someone is "psychologically imbalanced" - it is the unavoidable stuff of relating.

If your mate is acting over emotional, you are part of that. It says something about you. If your mate is ignoring your needs and desires; or disregarding you as irrational and without value, that says something about you too.

None of that means giving up all accountability as individual, for your own actions. But it does indicate sharing accountability within intimate relationships. We don't feel attracted to others only because of our conscious choices and goals. The relationships don't evolve the way they do without our influence.

(this is my personal opinion)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
One thing my dad used to say that I have just learnt myself..

They are always right, even when they are wrong ... it just makes everything easier this way and prevents war!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
One thing my dad used to say that I have just learnt myself..

They are always right, even when they are wrong ... it just makes everything easier this way and prevents war!

Yep. My father told me exactly the same thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Having had all my belongings burnt for being half an hour late yup many are.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Indeed; the you must fit my roles of expectation of what I want, desire or expect you to be... instead of being who you really are and accepting you in all your endearing quirks? Is the reason why so many people seem so mentally unstable...

When speaking of having a life with someone as a serious endeavor then of course all of that fantasy nonsense is best left to Disney, romance novels, and Penthouse letters.

Because it isn't real world; and even if two people try to make that a reality it only goes so far. Not to mention all of the other influences on the dynamic, social and familial that have expectations and assumptions and opinions.

There is a lot of dishonesty going on out there; and it isn't very surprising when so many people believe their own narrative to the point that not only have they convinced themselves of it as a reality that they can unflinchingly attempt to convince others it is as well... while some may look on it as wishful thinking it is still sociopathic and decitful as it presents to others a representation of a self instead of who they actually are.

That disingeniousness may land someone for the short term; and well those just trying to sow oats or go through the motions constantly trying to conveince themselves and whomever they are with that that's what they really truely want... when it isn't. So of course someone is going to flip the WTF switch and go psycho when they were wasting time on a socio as just a couple of relationships of that sort is enough to know better... but that won't cease the idea that people have to keep lieing and contriving a self to be accepted.

I have throughly sown out all of my oats; and not one single lie was ever needed no game played... here is where I am at, this is what I am doing, this is where I want to go, and this is what I can handle or take on time wise and emotional wise... if you're down with that cool; if not? Also cool we can just be friends.

Why people cannot be upfront and honest in such a manner? I dunno but it saves a lot of guessing and headache and saves both parties from a ton of useless baggage and drama.

Speaking of stalking... I have a stalker that has a stalker that stalks me trying to stalk my stalker. I wish I was making that up.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Why people cannot be upfront and honest in such a manner? I dunno but it saves a lot of guessing and headache and saves both parties from a ton of useless baggage and drama.

My answer to that would be - people can't be honest about what they don't know.

Cognitive biases are formed from our instinctive attraction-repulsion reflexes. The more severely judgemental we are of behaviors in others, the more likely we are to not recognize them when we do it ourself.
Our own mind will skirt around it to avoid the uncomfortable feeling we will get from our judgement.

I always thought the was what "Judge not lest ye be judged" was refering to!

If you can loosen up your condemnation, you have more chance of your mind actually percieving things you do which go against your pricinples and your stated narrative. This is why humans have the terrible tendency towards hypocrisy and self contradiction - usually they are not aware it is happening.

I know some people think that if they are really harsh and condemning of a certain trait, (behavior, act....) then that will keep them from doing it themselves. I observe that is rarely true, but that it does increase the likelihood they won't notice they are doing it (therefore having the impression their severe attitude worked).

I think we all go about a long process of self discovery, and sometimes it means painful disillusionment. This applies to both genders equally. I don't think it is always about lying. I do think it can be useful to examine the influence of our culture and environment though. It plays into our judgements and blind spots.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I dove into the unconditional love pool; without judgment without roles just being who people are and accepting that with one exception...

I really only don't appreciate one thing: Infidelity; why even be in a relationship? I'm not poly-amorous and do not have a wondering eye or heart. I simply find such a thing highly disrespectful not only against oneself but to one's partner.

Other than that; pretty much everything goes... no pet peeves, no expected roles to play or assume. Just encouraging and supporting where they want to grow and accomplish and if that growth means growing apart? Then the adult thing is to let it go so they can grow not keep pruning and holding them or oneself back in some codependent nightmare.

While that may sound cold and matter of fact... that does not mean there is no love of who someone is, how they express themself as their own unique being nor any lack of intimacy; but strong enough to love who they also feel they need to be with or without me.

Life being an artform; I wear many hats to what arises as an expression of being, I can splash puddles in joyful abandon, build, cook, repair, be as solid as a rock or as supple as spring grass, laugh sincerely and cry empathetically and god-damnit I listen to where I feel that sh!t and don't deny the emotions that are arising from listening knowing exactly how they feel channeled right into my heart.

I'm typically however; a tower of strength' no matter what arises... friends have always depended on my consistency of constancy when feeling helpless and tossed about by life.

Good judgement requires years and years of constant observation from hearing as many perspectives as possible; that doesn't mean one will become indecisive... oh too many options too many points of view... words are not action. Action acts it does not ponder a decision or mull it over; it gets things done that need doing. It is an executive function; not a stand around and scratch your ass function.

edit on 27-12-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Yes we woman can be nutcases. It comes naturally for some of us. It comes out more after a few drinks.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
women are expected to be unseen and silent they always have been those that deviate from this such as expressing an opinion or just being angry are then told they re crazy yet watch a man at a football match and thats not exactly civilized behavior, the difference men are allowed by society to be loud and erratic, they are being ''manly''.

yes there are insane women out there but insane asylums arent just full f women are they.7

how many wars have been started by men and how many by women, how many cult leaders are men how many are women, serial killers.... the list goes on.

i cold take any demographic and turn them into something bad or crazy if i found a couple of examples.
i think alot of these posts are by bruised egos scorned guys.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Expect the ones that describe themselves as Feminist to be very loosely wrapped, its usually a safe bet.

General brushstrokes all over this thread, I see.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join