It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women expected to be crazy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I saw the story below posted on another forum.

Woman sets fire to boyfriend's bed after argument, but ends up trapped in burning apartment

I was shocked by the fact that no one criticized the woman for setting fire to her boyfriend's bed over an argument. It's as if basically everyone just understands that women are crazy, and they shouldn't be held accountable for it.

I think the scene starting at 46:41 in the video below sums up most people's attitude on this issue.

www.youtube.com...

Michael Douglas character: You may be the only person l'm doing better than.

Man: The wife stabbed me in the stomach. With a nail file this time. She's training to be a manicurist. They make good money, you know? They always feel bad after.

The thing that inspired this thread was a recent conversation I had with an ex-girlfriend. She insisted that the reason I broke up with her is because I didn't love her anymore. She explained to me that the only reason someone would ever even mention breaking up with their significant other is because they didn't love the other person anymore. When I asked her why she had tried to break up with me before I broke up with her, she admitted that she was only testing me.

When I pushed her as to how she could have those contradictory views, she admitted that men simply are held to a different standard. I should have understood that she could try to break up with me for any reason, but if i tried to break up with her it meant I didn't love her. She admitted that wasn't fair, but it's just how life is.

I tried to explain to her that when she tried to break up with me I was thinking that she didn't love me anymore. You should have heard the shock in her voice! The thought had never crossed her mind that her attempt to break up with me could have had the same impact on me as my attempt to break up with her had on her.

She admitted that our breakup was ultimately probably her fault. I was completely in love with her. The reasons for our breakup had nothing to do with a lack of love.

The point I'm attempting to make in this post is that both men and women seem to accept that women are crazy. I have no problem with that. I've been married. I believe that's the rational way to approach life.
edit on 25-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Speaking from experience...

Yes women are crazy... but hey, gotta love 'em

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Expect the ones that describe themselves as Feminist to be very loosely wrapped, its usually a safe bet.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Never try to understand women.
Women understand women and they hate each other.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Its easy to understand women, just think of them as men that have had reason and accountability surgically removed.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
People are crazy in general, dont see the point of wondering if all women are crazy, another lame attempt to lump everybody in on basket i see.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Is the reason you have so many ex-girlfriends because you never stop talking about your ex-girlfriends?

I have one ex-girlfriend of late. She was crazy, manipulative, money-hungry, and a compulsive lying, cheating sexy little succubus.

Yeah, I expect every woman to screw me over and take my money.

This is what it takes to drive a man to drink.

edit on 25-12-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sweeping generalisation. Unless you're discussing physical features men/women should not be compared as absolute categories. All men and all women are different from each other. Do not reinforce the non existent.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

That said, all women are bonkers.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I like this quote a lot. May I use it in my day to day life?

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's a learned fear, as demonstrated in my post above.

It's not something we as humans have total control over.

I am afraid of dogs. Can't really help it. I was attacked by a dog when I was a kid.

I once had a gun held to my head by a black man. For weeks after, I would cringe every time I saw a black man. Couldn't help it, even knowing it was irrational.

My experience with women has all been terrible. I have learned to expect future experiences with women to be terrible.

We know better, but self-preserving parts of our brain take over.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

The experimental use of words never ceases to amaze me. Like the dictionary had been ripped up and put back in the wrong order.

Though I have to say I've been spending time with a sane one recently. Very relaxing.
edit on 25 12 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If women are expected to be crazy, men are expected to be pigs.

So there.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So there.

Men are pigs, and women are crazy for liking it.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So there.

My wife calls me that often, some of my girlfriends do as well.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: qiwi676

I like this quote a lot. May I use it in my day to day life?

I stole it from al bundy, good ole married with children.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

We do our best to oblige.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Logic and ration...

pure logic eventually becomes irrational in it's self of cognitive dissonance making excuses for why they do things as if it is a real person and not just ingrained or culturally held beliefs and opinions. This leads to narrow views and stuborness.

pure ration or emotion is feeling and can become illogical in the way the emotions manifest; this is due to things being tied together in a sentimental way and that does not necessarily mean positive sentiment. A flower can make someone happy or break down and cry.

Both of these two extremes are both irrational or unreasonable... but it is due to poor coping mechanisms in dealing with interpersonal relationships.

Reason is reasonible someone that can put a full stop to their internal/external programming bias; and see another side to life than the one from a first person perspective...

For example; someone may not see an issue with leaving their shoes by the door. Of course tripping over them coming in with gorceries or having an extra thing to move when cleaning up? That convienantly habitual spot to ditch them is not as convieniant as it seems.

Then of course someone could say whos cares? Well, then that means to the other; you don't and why not? Because their view-point was not taken into consideration.

So number one; before rationalizing from one's internal opinion or view bite the tongue and look at as many perspectives or reasoning physically, psychologically and socially at the situation.

Many people that run from one point of view or perspective often jump to conclusions; but to not jump to conclusions? May test, if inquiry rarely brings up anything but excuses without any clear reason why such a thing must be this way and cannot be another way... it is just habitual programming afterall and not a true self or being.

If someone takes that as their true self or being then they are stuck in their ways and cannot see any side except their own; meaning ture intimacy or love is an unlikihood; meaning someone is likely going to be left feeling unfulfilled in a relationship with a partner.

No big deal; listen to what people say externally as if you were saying it to someone; then think of why you would be saying whatever it is to them, instead of an instant response or silence as if you are going to consider it later but likely won't as it is a just a duck and cover til things cool down as a reflex...

That sort of thing of course builds up and builds up into inresolved issues, and then the mind games start and passive aggressiveness and all sorts of dysfunction instead of simply communicating openly and honestly with a great deal of listening first.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Women are consuming more processed foods and steroid/antibiotic meats thus messing with their hormones...I'd say they are going nuts

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Get used to it, women have the right to be crazy and we have the right to let them be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join