It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest of black mother-Cop Instigates Reaction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Some swearing in video

The video shows a police officer making pretty dumb comments and asking equally dumb questions that while are related to the situation were aggravating.

He is trained to lower stress and friction when dealing with someone's mom who is understandably upset about her child being assaulted. He made things worse with his dumb questions.
So the police officer was asking the person who supposedly assaulted the child, then turns to the mother and aggravates her by basically questioning her mothering skills. Then the arrests start. Ugly video, and all the swearing you can handle on Christmas Eve.

www.rt.com...
On Thursday, the Fort Worth Police Department said it had opened an investigation into the incident, and that the officer responsible has been placed on restricted duty. The department will not identify the officer nor release his body camera footage while the investigation is taking place.

"We acknowledge that the initial appearance of the video may raise serious questions," the department said in a statement on Thursday. "We ask that our investigators are given the time and opportunity to thoroughly examine this incident and to submit their findings."

Here is the verbiage that you can clearly hear in the video. The cop is in the wrong, I think the women that gets between the cop and the mother is the reason it got physical.

"Why don't you teach your son not to litter?" the cop asked.

"It doesn't matter if he did [litter] or didn't, that doesn't give him the right to put his hands on him," Craig responded.

"Why not?" the officer then said as tensions began to rise among the officer, Craig, her daughters, and Craver.

Wielding a Taser, the officer would go on to aggressively arrest Craig and two of her daughters, Brea Hymond, 19, and Jacques Craig, 15. Jacqueline Craig was charged with resisting arrest and for outstanding traffic warrants, according to reports. She and her daughters were released from custody by Thursday afternoon.

edit on 24-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Dec 26 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edited

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That was rather pig headed of the occifer. Like, he was literally trying to rationalize an adult assault on a child. Wtf is that about?? I hope someone kicks him in the nuts randomly in 2017.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The video shows the officer talking to both the man who allegedly assaulted Craig’s son and then Craig. Craig can be heard telling the man that he should have alerted her if he believed her son had littered and that he didn’t have the right to put his hands on her son.

“Why don’t you teach your son not to litter?” the officer asks Craig.

“He can’t prove to me that my son littered,” Craig responded. “But it doesn’t matter if he did or didn’t, it doesn’t give him the right to put his hands on him.”

“Why not?” the officer responds.

Read more here: www.star-telegram.com...=cpy

So the officer thinks it's alright for some guy to grab the kid forcefully because he is mad in this situation.

I am not surprised.
edit on 12/24/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
From the OP

Wielding a Taser, the officer would go on to aggressively arrest Craig and two of her daughters, Brea Hymond, 19, and Jacques Craig, 15. Jacqueline Craig was charged with resisting arrest and for outstanding traffic warrants, according to reports. She and her daughters were released from custody by Thursday afternoon.

A 15yo with traffic violations.....how is that??

ETA..disregard, I answered before the coffee kicked in. The mom was arrested for traffic violations.
edit on 12/24/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Making America great again.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intelligenthoodlum33

Are you equating this situation with Trump?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

The Daughter is Jacques Craig. Jacqueline Craig is the mother. From the article

The mother, Jacqueline Craig, had called police Wednesday afternoon

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Was wondering where the cop thought his questions were going to lead? Or were his questions a ploy to make the mother make a mistake so he can cuff her?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This made it to the MSM since it happened. Wouldn't be shocked if ones who hyjaked a valid movement(BLM) try to screw with it for agenda the same for the other side who wants to support the officer.

The cop defends the neck beard who put his hands on a seven year old. He escalated the situation as well. This is what happened now days when the cops are called apparently, namely in neighborhoods where they can extend a hand of racism and or control.

(post by Wardaddy454 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Oops my bad...carry on.

Oh and.. Bad cop, no doughnut.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Sad and the cop should be looking for another job. I look forward to seeing a news article with the actions of the police dept releasing him from being a cop.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sarcasm. I think it's sad that the world seems to be moving backwards rather than forward.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intelligenthoodlum33

try this

/sarc (for dense people like me)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Update:Police chief: Fort Worth officer was rude but not racist in video

www.wsoctv.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: dreamingawake

Sad and the cop should be looking for another job. I look forward to seeing a news article with the actions of the police dept releasing him from being a cop.

Am sure as it typically goes he'll be on leave during the investigation but probably brought back to working with that Dept.-considering if it's a pretty corrupt one. Commentary was sharing in some earlier articles on this that the officer has manhandled people before.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You're not dense, as you didn't flip out and resort to name calling.

I think these kind of situations will increase. The social climate has been ridiculous as if late and the anonymity of the internet gives unpleasant folk the platform to slowly mold the minds of the weak. Desensitizing to the point where their moral compass is permanently askewed.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If the littering is true, then that is what caused this whole situation the first place.

Littering is just a crime as assault. Although assault is worse by any means. I say the lady got equally what she deserved.

edit on 09-10-2016 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join