It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest of black mother-Cop Instigates Reaction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
That cop deserves whatever is coming. The other (white) man is accused of grabbing and choking her 7 year old over littering. I don't know what cops normally do in this situation, but he went after the victim(s) of all things. By asking "Why not?" it's clear he doesn't care. He's a thug.

Also he arrested her because she was "yelling." He certainly wasn't helping to stop her from yelling. All indications are he wanted her to.
edit on 12/25/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
To be honest.. no one was there to see the kid littering. For all we know it could've been words.

Would you mind me throwing my trash on your lawn?

You don't put hands on a child. you talk to him, or get the parents.

That's beside the point. someone said someone littered..therefore arrest and taze a couple women because...reasons.

You realize how insanely authoritarian you are coming off, right?

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
There is obviously more to the story that's not being released. ive read several articles now and one thing was there was multiple officers on duty. This means that we are seeing only a small part of the entire confrontation. We also didn't get to see the officer interview the guy at all. but I did read he also called the police fearing for his safety as the mother confronted him. Now on what we did see the officer did exactly opisit of what he should have he escalated the situation you can see he was hostile towards her. now reading the arrest report turns out she had a warrant for her arrest for driving without a license this could be the reason. The other of course the cop is racist as hell don't know we cant determine what the officer was thinking. But I do think no matter what the mother was going to jail for the warrant and that was probably discussed prior by officers on the scene. the daughters arrest was uncalled for she never actually assaults the officer and its a stretch to say she was obstructing justice.

Id say the normal outcome for this would have been both individuals arrested for assault and let the DA decide how to handle it. Because as we know the man is going to claim the mother came on to his property and assaulted him probably lying but it will be his defense. And the mother will claim she didn't touch him and just called the police. Back to the officer since he obviously has zero skills dealing with the public I think he is in the wrong profession. Nothing he did will get him fired but I do think the police department needs to decide if this is the type of individual they want dealing with the public. Its not the officers job to to make a verdict on the situation just interview and write a report.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

edit on 25-12-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
"Arrest of black mother-Cop Instigates Reaction-White wouldn't have been arrested". I love your title. "Black mother-cop" ? Tear the roof of tha sucka!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I agree, the police officer is trying to get the mother mad enough to make a mistake. It looked like the daughter was getting between the cop and the mom. Then the cop jumped the situation to the next level by arresting them. Wrongful arrest.

Fire his ass, he is a (another) lawsuit waiting to happen. The family will sue and the tax payers will be left holding the bill.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The guy who grabbed, if he did, the child is lucky that they called the police.

There are people out there that go full pit bull when the kids are threatened. I don't know if the child had marks on his neck, but if he did boy o boy could there be big trouble and I am not talking about the law.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Thanks again for a laugh, I am seeing a pattern of tom foolery from you. You are one of those who see things that other people miss.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
what difference firing that cop will make? does that mean this will never happen again, if your child gets assaulted the police will be there to help now that that cop is fired? the police will protect and serve 'everyone ' after this lawsuit?

this is America. its not this LEO we need to put under scrutiny, its the ones in his circle they should keep an eye on. he's already ousted, we should worry about the ones who think that LEO did nothing wrong, or he's great guy, or will defend that he protects everyone, not just some.

i wonder if the Lady assaulted the guy's Child instead, it wouldnt be wrong to presume she'd be dead by now.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

See what happens is there is a lawsuit, then people start to get canned. And not lowly beat cops, but the a-hole leaders who allow this to happen.

When $ starts to get doled out to people who ask for help and are treated like criminals, this is the only way thing change.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The only way lawsuits work is if they come out of police pension funds, has to affect the group as a whole ..financial incentive to police themselves.
Read so many stories here of bad cops on their 3rd or 4th lawsuit.

Oh, Merry Christmas everyone
edit on 25-12-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Loss of the ill prepared top leadership will change the departments direction. This is a leadership problem.

It is very possible that this cop has been here before, and he more than likely should have been let go a while ago. The leadership should act, will they?

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I do see some leadership on occasion, too often though we have leadership like this dept..not sure if they are unaware of the optics or just don't care.
We do not have police union's here, are most U.S. police unionised? could be a factor.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I don't know about unions, in Mich there is unionized govt, workers.

The leadership needs to get clipped along with the cop.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
He must have talked to that kid before. Heck he might have talked to the parents, but that didn't help anything.

If you clearly see the women attempting to assault the officer, you'd know why he arrested her.

My first post doesn't advocate either side. They both got what they wanted, equally.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

You and the people who starred your post can not be this stupid. How can you, despite your political affiliation, be a person reason and look at that video and take the side of the cop?

You have to be a special kind of ignorant or racist, I'm sorry. It is what it is.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

No, your first post is moronic. The cop baited her. That alone should be an offense and he should be fired. You are a civil servant. You do not bait the person who called YOU for help so you can arrest them.

God your reason is so lopsided. Get a pur water filter because that lead is doing all kinds of damage to your brain.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

to be objective the police department said there is additional info from the officers body cam, we will hear more about this later.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
He must have talked to that kid before. Heck he might have talked to the parents, but that didn't help anything.

If you clearly see the women attempting to assault the officer, you'd know why he arrested her.

My first post doesn't advocate either side. They both got what they wanted, equally.

I don't think it was what she wanted. Only my opinion but i think she wanted the cop to investigate why her son was assaulted. And once it was discovered to take the man who committed the assault into custody. She only got upset when the cop questioned her on why the man couldn't choke her son and then seemed to imply the wrongdoing in this incident was her son littering and why she hadn't brought him up not to liter. I would say she wanted this to play out differently. Even your earlier posts imply the littering should be focused on and that choking a 7 year old is justified because of the littering. really? You believe that the response is ok and excused because a 7 year old threw trash down? She called for help. she didn't take matters into her own hands though incidents just like this one are why more people don't call for help anymore and handle things in a very different way.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

This cop should be fired, pronto! This women didn't do anything to deserve this treatment. I would be upset if a neighbor put their hands on my 7 year-old son! Even if the kid was littering, bring it to the attention of his mother and have her deal with it with her son. This officer acted like it was ok for this neighbor to lay his hands on a 7 year-old kid? It would be wrong if he did it to an adult!

Police departments in the U.S. need to start removing police officers who don't know how to de-escalate situations and refrain from using unnecessary force. If I was this women, I would definitely file suit against this police officer and the city who hired this jackass!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join