It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit - 6 months on...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Firstly... Hi guys!

I have been a lurker on ATS for many many years now but this is my first thread so please be gentle

just seen this...

Former cabinet minister Owen Paterson has written to Leave supporters saying their efforts “must be rewarded” next year. Mr Paterson is a leading member of the campaign group Leave Means Leave which is campaigning to ensure the Government delivers Brexit quickly and does not give in to the tactics of Remoaners to dilute it by staying in the single market and the customs union. He called for the law which joined Britain to the EU in the 1970s needs to be repealed in 2017.

Link to article

I agree with him. I am beginning to get tired of the EU's immature behaviour.

A fantastic example was the ignorance of EU leaders at the latest summit towards Theresa May.

For leaders of 'Democracy' they have a very bad attitude towards a democratic decision.

The point of this thread is that I would like to get people's opinions on where it goes from here because I have a bad feeling that when this goes to negotiations... It is going to get nasty....

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ok technically I posted 2 years ago and completely forgot! But hey any way guys

And thanks for the S&F's but just a question... how do I give them to others?
edit on 23/12/2016 by fusiondoe because: Acknowledging S&F

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

I supported Brexit as I believe the EU has turned into something that is very different to what it was sold as, it was meant to be a common market but the fact is we have had decades of diluting the native populations of member states to the point that many people feel that if you are a native you are now at a disadvantage. This very much was about immigration and the negative effects that people in certain regions feel they have had pushed onto them, Nazi, bigot etc is a term that is often shouted when these points are made but for many people including myself that live in a enriched area I can tell you my only option for the future at this rate is to actually leave either the area I was brought up in or the country as a whole. Even basic care from a local doctor is at a premium and you can forget school places, this situation is not due to native birth rates the last 2 decades. EU inspired mass open border policy we have to thank for all this.

I was actually shocked that the vote went the way it did, with the level of biased that was put on it regarding the MSM and even the threat of a world war because of it (absurd to the point of laughter) was not enough to stop it.

There are sadly a good proportion of EU gravy train members who openly stated that if the vote did not go the "right" way they would simply amend the terms to keep people voting until it did go "their way". It is a shadow dictatorship nothing more or less.

The UK is currently in limbo and had the immigration situation been addressed I have zero reason to believe a "Brexit" would have even been spoken about and the freedom of movement seems to be at the forefront of EU bully boy tactics. It was the straw that broke the camels back and I have a honestly held belief if other countries voted today the EU would no longer exist, it is only the regressive left and pro EU hangers on that are still peddling this failed idea.

So to the future, well their EU wet dream has taken a bit of a knock, the UK was a massive part of their plan to maintain a status quo and with the "out" vote winning it had really put a spanner in the works. I still believe that the UK sits in a very strong position when it comes to negotiation we just need people with some balls to push it through, the EU idea is about as fragile as ever and I am sure feeling in Germany this morning with what is happening to their country will just be as strong. What really is needed is for other countries to follow the UK lead and get their power back to Govern the best way they see fit.

It should also stand as a eye opener that the people running the EU do not give two f#cks about democracy, if they did they would be making sure that Brexit was as simply as possible yet we are seeing the total opposite, make of that what you will....

RA

edit on 23-12-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

edit on 23-12-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Great reply. Don't think I disagree with a single word you said

I come from East London, the 'east end', as you can imagine I have seen the damage that unchecked immigration has done to my community and I (much like you) have considered moving myself to a new area.

I truly believe that a hard Brexit will be the only way forward as Theresa May's government will cause an outrage if they keep freedom of movement, and according to the EU freedom of movement is not up for negotiation if you are in the single market.

Personally I think we should cut our losses and just break away from it all. I agree that life may be tough for a while but in the end it will all be worth it.

a reply to: slider1982
edit on 23/12/2016 by fusiondoe because: More

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is of course assuming Brexit happens at all...

TPTB will have an escape plan im sure

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe
This is of course assuming Brexit happens at all...

You have to remember the only people "at the moment" making any real noise is as predicted the Liberal regressive left, to not go ahead with Brexit would be political suicide, a majority of people will not shout BS till blue in the face but they will put a massive X when it comes to voting in a curtained booth.

Just as Trump was noted as the "biggest # you vote" to the establishment ever the same thing all be it in a different guise could happen in the UK.

Further EU referendums are needed ASAP so people know it is ok to want out of the EU and to gain some control back, hence I feel that France, Germany, Sweden etc would all get the hell out today if they had the chance..

The stalling tactics are simply damage limitation, when in are in a changing world and the status quo is changing..

RA
edit on 24-12-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

You have to remember the only people "at the moment" making any real noise is as predicted the Liberal regressive left, to not go ahead with Brexit would be political suicide, a majority of people will not shout BS till blue in the face but they will put a massive X when it comes to voting in a curtained booth.

Too right if Teresa May wants to keep her place as PM she better not back

track.... the people want OUT no consesions and two years

tops, don't see why it would take any longer.

Further EU referendums are needed ASAP so people know it is ok to want out of the EU and to gain some control back, hence I feel that France, Germany, Sweden etc would all get the hell out today if they had the chance..

They are waiting to see how we do it. That is why the EU is behaving like

school yard bullies ..... trying to make things as difficult as possible, to keep

the others in line!!

The stalling tactics are simply damage limitation, when in are in a changing world and the status quo is changing..

The EU is hoping the UK will cave in, and *we the people* have to make sure

our elected politicians dont

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
There's a certain irony that the first time the EU courts have told the UK that we can't do something since the Brexit vote was when they blocked May's fascist-polite-state Snoopers Charter a few days ago.

Those rotten EU people, stopping our government from spying on every single thing we do online. Curse them for protecting our freedoms!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
according to the recent reports I have read, the economy has grown slightly...

That's a difference from the predictions of the remainers and fear mongerers. I was under the impression we were going to become like Ethiopia and be drinking from the rivers and scavenging for food

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I have a feeling we will get little of what we voted for , May's Brexit means Brexit mantra means nothing if we stay in the single market or the customs union.
We are in a position of strength but I doubt May has the nerve to make the most of our position , Article 50 should have been triggered shortly after the vote to leave.

Mark Carney is a fifth columnist and needs to be replaced , he has tried and is trying to undermine the British economy.

edit on 24-12-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

That's a difference from the predictions of the remainers and fear mongerers. I was under the impression we were going to become like Ethiopia and be drinking from the rivers and scavenging for food

^^^^^ this ^^^^^

When we cease paying into the EU mobsters coffers what virtually amounts to

protection money, We will be able to put it toward our own needs! rather than

what some other thinks we need!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I have a feeling we will get little of what we voted for , May's Brexit means Brexit mantra means nothing if we stay in the single market or the customs union.
We are in a position of strength but I doubt May has the nerve to make the most of our position , Article 50 should have been triggered shortly after the vote to leave.

Mark Carney is a fifth columnist and needs to be replaced , he has tried and is trying to undermine the British economy.

This ^^

Now I see that we are hearing reports that Brexit may take 10 years.... I can see this getting nasty

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Now I see that we are hearing reports that Brexit may take 10 years.... I can see this getting nasty

There's a general election in 2020....If we are not out by then I would go

as far as predicting a surge in UKIP support.

Nigel and Donald are all set to be besties (mates)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I don't think it irony I think it sad , I'm not against the EU and think they've done some good things in relation to workers and Human rights but the lack of flexibility of the organisation and determination to evolve it from a European Union into a European state has made it something I and others don't want to be a part of.

The Snoopers Charter is wrong , even some Tory MPs think it wrong but the EU won't stop it because that's the world we are heading into unless people stop watching TV and start taking action.

I don't see that happening , we have become livestock.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Indeed

a reply to: gortex

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

There's a general election in 2020....If we are not out by then I would go

as far as predicting a surge in UKIP support.

Nigel and Donald are all set to be besties (mates)

The UK will be out of the EU by 2019. Donald Trump and Nigel Farage won't have much of a say about how this is handled. They both though the UK getting out of the EU was a good idea, it's not likely they'd do anything to hold up the process, even if they could.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Remainers and fearmongers were all predicting a massive crash in the UK economy, which hasn't happened. The only thing that has happened is that the Pound Sterling has lost some value, which actually helps the UK in the long run, especially in regards to international trade. If you want to see how a low value currency helps the economy, you only have to look at CHINA. GDP is up in the first quarter measured since the vote, and is actually UP MORE than other industrialized nations in the Western World, and in the EU.

I want there to be a law passed that says that any company who's CEO said that they would pull out of Britain if BREXIT passes, should not reap any of the benefits of BREXIT, and should be forced to submit a time table of when they are leaving, to be completed no later than the pull out date, which I suspect will be 2019. If they're not gone by the pull out date, they should lose their license to do business in the UK. Quite frankly, if you don't support the future of the UK as the forefront of your company's values, then you should leave.

When those companies see how well Britain will be doing 5 years after BREXIT is official, they'll be clamouring to come back.

I'm looking at you, Richard Branson.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

Remainers and fearmongers were all predicting a massive crash in the UK economy, which hasn't happened. The only thing that has happened is that the Pound Sterling has lost some value, which actually helps the UK in the long run, especially in regards to international trade. If you want to see how a low value currency helps the economy, you only have to look at CHINA. GDP is up in the first quarter measured since the vote, and is actually UP MORE than other industrialized nations in the Western World, and in the EU.

I want there to be a law passed that says that any company who's CEO said that they would pull out of Britain if BREXIT passes, should not reap any of the benefits of BREXIT, and should be forced to submit a time table of when they are leaving, to be completed no later than the pull out date, which I suspect will be 2019. If they're not gone by the pull out date, they should lose their license to do business in the UK. Quite frankly, if you don't support the future of the UK as the forefront of your company's values, then you should leave.

When those companies see how well Britain will be doing 5 years after BREXIT is official, they'll be clamouring to come back.

I'm looking at you, Richard Branson.

^^^^^
THIS ^^^^

Are you by any chance running for election anytime soon? If so you have my vote

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Sterling losing some 16% of its value is more than just a little drop, it's a gigantic crash. And unfortunately as the UK imports significantly more than we export, it's hurting us very badly.

And the government hit record debt level borrowing last month.

The economy is a slow train wreck.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Thats a sad picture of whats happened. Its not much better in the US. Here we have become nomads in our own country. Sad situation and its so far gone, there is no potential for recovery.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join