It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit - 6 months on...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: veracity

You guys want to brexit bc of this?

No , we want Brexit to regain something we lost , self determination.
We are governed according to rules made by unelected officials , we pay handsomely to subsidise French farmers , give our fishing waters over to Spanish fleets and open our doors to the populace of Europe.

Britain risked being absorbed into a conglomerate , Brexit was a vote against that.

I do not live there and do not fully understand the scope of brexit but after reading this thread and especially your post it seems to me like you do not want to work with other countries and just want to live in your own little world and make your own laws and not be open to immigration or working with other countries.

If I am correct I do not see this working for your in the long term.

Woah hold it right there...

Who said anything about not working with other countries?

What's wrong with making our own laws? Whilst working WITH other countries on issues such as terrorism and security?

We can work with other countries and still have control of immigration.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I do not live there and do not fully understand the scope of brexit but after reading this thread and especially your post it seems to me like you do not want to work with other countries and just want to live in your own little world and make your own laws and not be open to immigration or working with other countries

Of course we want to work with other countries but we don't want to be run by them.
Our own little world and not be open to immigration? , aren't those the promises made by the President elect that made him President elect ?

Not being part of the EU doesn't mean not being part of the Global community.

edit on 24-12-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I do not live there and do not fully understand the scope of brexit but after reading this thread and especially your post it seems to me like you do not want to work with other countries and just want to live in your own little world and make your own laws and not be open to immigration or working with other countries

Of course we want to work with other countries but we don't want to be run by them.
Our own little world and not be open to immigration? , aren't those the promises made by the President elect that made him President elect ?

Not being part of the EU doesn't mean not being part of the Global community.

yes

it was the promises made by Don

He lied, but still, we have to live amongst those who voted for him for those reasons.

(I did not vote for Don)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

yes, it overwhelmingly reminds me of Trump...both the racists won. Very sad.

NO not sad at all people are waking up to having been taken advantage

of and being dictated to.

They have their own views and are exercising their rights in voting with

their X for what they want.

Call them *racist* if you want .... I think they are passed caring.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe

We are governed according to rules made by unelected officials , we pay handsomely to subsidise French farmers , give our fishing waters over to Spanish fleets and open our doors to the populace of Europe.

Britain risked being absorbed into a conglomerate , Brexit was a vote against that.

I do not live there and do not fully understand the scope of brexit but after reading this thread and especially your post it seems to me like you do not want to work with other countries and just want to live in your own little world and make your own laws and not be open to immigration or working with other countries.

What's wrong with making our own laws? Whilst working WITH other countries on issues such as terrorism and security?

ok...im understanding more and more now. Yes its very important to work with other countries, I'm glad you feel the same way.

we just do not agree on the immigration issue. To some, this is good bc its driving down prices, but to others...its very detrimental.

When that happens where I live, we have to stand out to keep our prices up, work harder. Theres a children's book that would help one understand this...Caterina and the Lemonade Stand

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Another great post gortex

I think we're singing from the same hymn sheet.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
OOOP's double post!!!

How did that happen??
edit on 24-12-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

ok...im understanding more and more now. Yes its very important to work with other countries, I'm glad you feel the same way.

we just do not agree on the immigration issue. To some, this is good bc its driving down prices, but to others...its very detrimental.

We dont have a housing shortage .... the housing stock to take in people

in droves.

We have schools where there are no native children and the language of

the country is neither spoken or understood.

Theres a children's book that would help one understand this...Caterina and the Lemonade Stand

Thats been made into an advert .... yuk!! too much saccharine

edit on 24-12-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

They are not unelected, they were elected within their own countries as MEP's like the UK has many MEP's of it's own making decision that effect the rest of the Eu countries..The French also Pay to subsidise British Farmers. The Spanish have given over their waters to UK fleets. All UK residents are entitled to travels freely within Europe..Next.
edit on 24-12-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe

When that happens where I live, we have to stand out to keep our prices up, work harder. Theres a children's book that would help one understand this...Caterina and the Lemonade Stand

No problem.

Never read the book. Will make a mental note to

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

The are not unelected, they were elected within their own countries as MEP's Like the UK has many MEP's of it's own making decision that effect the rest of the Eu countries..The French also Pay to subsidise British Farmers. The Spanish have given over their waters to UK fleets. All UK residents are entitled to travels freely within Europe..Next.

so you are saying that the brexiteers are just uninformed?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

The are not unelected, they were elected within their own countries as MEP's Like the UK has many MEP's of it's own making decision that effect the rest of the Eu countries..The French also Pay to subsidise British Farmers. The Spanish have given over their waters to UK fleets. All UK residents are entitled to travels freely within Europe..Next.

so you are saying that the brexiteers are just uninformed?

No the information was always there, they just pick and choose information then twist it to suit the agenda..which was Racism. Nothing more, nothing less..
You have to laugh, Anyone from Britian complaining about foreigners coming into this country only have to look at the History of the UK...The UK has invaded and overstayed it's welcome in well over 2/3rds of the countries around the globe and still does it. See Iraq and Afghanistan as a recent example....but, dont you be coming here..no no no..

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I knew this

lots of cherry-picking and truth twisting going on in America as well. Usually always the ignorant racist bigots.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The Commission President and its Commissioners are not elected , the Commission is the body that comes up with EU regulations.
We have no say over the people that make the rules.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The Commission President and its Commissioners are not elected , the Commission is the body that comes up with EU regulations.
We have no say over the people that make the rules.

What rules are you unhappy with.

BTW the commission is made up of 27 members, one from each state including 1 from the UK...28 if you include Junckers...what would you prefer in a democracy..25 from the UK and 3 from the other states with the EU.?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I'm not going to list my grievances for you to pick apart and accuse me of racism , the fact is the EU is a flawed project and its aspirations of becoming a super state are doomed to failure.
Let's see what happens when the bottom falls out of Italy's banking sector or when other peoples of Europe reject the corrupt organisation in their coming elections.

The EUs days are numbered , we're best off out of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'm not going to list my grievances for you to pick apart and accuse me of racism , the fact is the EU is a flawed project and its aspirations of becoming a super state are doomed to failure.
Let's see what happens when the bottom falls out of Italy's banking sector or when other peoples of Europe reject the corrupt organisation in their coming elections.

You mean that the fact is that it is your opinion that "the EU is a flawed project and its aspirations of becoming a super state are doomed to failure."

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

40 something years of working together is not a failed project, seems to me to be quite a successful ongoing project, yes it has it's moments, but by and large it's been a success. You want to talk about Italy's banking sector ?...I think you should have a look at the UK's banking sector...You have been paying attention now havn't you..lol

£1.8 Trillion in debt mate and the £ on it's arse and that's before we even leave the EU... oh, well, i'm pretty sure you'll get your wish that it all falls apart and Europe end up on the brink of another war. I'm also sure you'll be the first to sign up to keep the Great in Britain.

You do not understand what you have done or what you wish for. Hey, we all get duped from time to time, but at least some of us can say, Hey, I made a mistake. I called this wrong. i was lied to and in a moment of weakness i believed them. I never really looked into what we were getting into or out of, whichever way you want to see it.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You mean that the fact is that it is your opinion that "the EU is a flawed project and its aspirations of becoming a super state are doomed to failure."

No, it's the opinion of the 17,410,742 people that voted leave.

Source

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

aye yes, but an opinion indeed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join