It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit - 6 months on...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I see the same situation regarding Trump.

sad

a reply to: TonyS

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
a reply to: babybunnies

Sterling losing some 16% of its value is more than just a little drop, it's a gigantic crash. And unfortunately as the UK imports significantly more than we export, it's hurting us very badly.

And the government hit record debt level borrowing last month.

The economy is a slow train wreck.

This plus article 50 hasn't even been triggered yet - when the banks move to France the UK will collapse as we have no industry. All for a non legally binding publicity stunt referendum.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Sterling losing some 16% of its value is more than just a little drop, it's a gigantic crash. And unfortunately as the UK imports significantly more than we export, it's hurting us very badly.

This plus article 50 hasn't even been triggered yet - when the banks move to France the UK will collapse as we have no industry. All for a non legally binding publicity stunt referendum.

Here we go again with the 'non legally binding' ... the British people spoke, whether they won by 1% or 90% is irrelevant... the majority won!

Whether it's legally binding does not come into it! What part of LEAVE do people not understand?
edit on 24/12/2016 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

I am sorry to try and put this in "american" terms for us to understand but from what I hear, the decision to exit (brexit) the EU is the racist decision.

Why do you want to exit?

I do agree that if you voted to exit that it should happen quickly.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Absolutely nothing at all has changed for the avaerage man in the street. In the EU or out the EU what's the difference? Nothing has changed, I still buy a bag of fish and chips on Friday work lunch time, still four pints of Hobgoblin from Aldi in the evening and saturday morning a fry up. Nothing at all has changed, Wolverhmapton Wanderers still lose consistently that has not changed at all, lots of immigrants keep arriving in my home town and that is just going to continue as the housing is just about the cheapest in the UK, some dog keeps dumping its crap outside the drive and that hasn't changed and still haven't caught it/owner in the act (would love to), politicians still are in it for themselves just like for the vote, ereryone seems to be having family bust ups but that's probably Christmas pressures, driving on the roads still pretty bad just like before. What has change? Ok maybe it has one benefit on the economic front, there has been a fairly good effect on home production for exports on the devaluation of Sterling, then again many products have gone/going up in the new year loads as imported from EU and USA, indeed one product's going up 8% which was always going to be the outcome from Brexit. But generally nothing has changed apart from the imports/exports prices.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
At least your polite about it.

I agree that yes there is more then likely racism in some people's decision to leave.... however for the vast majority of us, it was about taking back control of our borders, laws and decisions.

Controlling immigration and being racist are two completely different things.

Though I can't speak for everybody, I think I speak for the majority when I say there was no racist intent.... even if the remainers will try to convince you otherwise

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

thanks,

so you have seen no difference, just a difference in pricing? What items are different? going up? going down?

so you say immigration is the same?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Let me just take a moment to give you an internet handshake RE Hobgoblin.

One of my favourites

I am also quite partial to a spitfire and old speckled hen

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Absolutely nothing at all has changed for the avaerage man in the street. In the EU or out the EU what's the difference? Nothing has changed, I still buy a bag of fish and chips on Friday work lunch time, still four pints of Hobgoblin from Aldi in the evening and saturday morning a fry up. Nothing at all has changed, Wolverhmapton Wanderers still lose consistently that has not changed at all, lots of immigrants keep arriving in my home town and that is just going to continue as the housing is just about the cheapest in the UK, some dog keeps dumping its crap outside the drive and that hasn't changed and still haven't caught it/owner in the act (would love to), politicians still are in it for themselves just like for the vote, ereryone seems to be having family bust ups but that's probably Christmas pressures, driving on the roads still pretty bad just like before. What has change? Ok maybe it has one benefit on the economic front, there has been a fairly good effect on home production for exports on the devaluation of Sterling, then again many products have gone/going up in the new year loads as imported from EU and USA, indeed one product's going up 8% which was always going to be the outcome from Brexit. But generally nothing has changed apart from the imports/exports prices.

edit on 24/12/2016 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well at this stage there is very little difference due to the fact that we have not TECHNICALLY left yet! If anything immigration is going to go up before we leave. An attempt to get into the country before the door is slammed shut maybe? I don't know.

Theresa May is keeping her cards close to her chest! A very wise decision IMHO

originally posted by: veracity

thanks,

so you have seen no difference, just a difference in pricing? What items are different? going up? going down?

so you say immigration is the same?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yeah Hobgoblin is great, four do the job just nicely, quite like it in the fridge for half hour before testing
Know where you are coming from with Spifire, got a lovely taste to it, really bittery and bubbly, never been to Kent but that stuff makes me want to drop into a Kent travel tavern for a week and check the stuff out on draft. Quite into our local brew, Titanic Brewery Captain Smiths, oh that's nice. Staropramen from Czeh wow that stuffs weird and lovely too.Strange effects.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe

Here we go again with the 'non legally binding' ... the British people spoke, whether they won by 1% or 90% is irrelevant... the majority won!

Whether it's legally binding does not come into it! What part of LEAVE do people not understand?

Well for starters it goes against the UK constitution and sovereignty - shall we just throw out all laws based on mob rule? You can't murder somone and get off scott free just because you wanted to murder them - these are basic tennants society works by.

The refferendum did not give the public the right to say we need to leave the EU, all it did was make a commons motion, this is how refferendums work.
edit on 24-12-2016 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Is immigration such an issue that you want to exit?

What are the immigration problems?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Yeah Hobgoblin is great, four do the job just nicely, quite like it in the fridge for half hour before testing
Know where you are coming from with Spifire, got a lovely taste to it, really bittery and bubbly, never been to Kent but that stuff makes me want to drop into a Kent travel tavern for a week and check the stuff out on draft. Quite into our local brew, Titanic Brewery Captain Smiths, oh that's nice. Staropramen from Czeh wow that stuffs weird and lovely too.Strange effects.

Interesting! Most people prefer it warm, although I (like yourself) like it chilled! Much better!

I also dropped into my local Spoons recently and although it's not a place I frequent very often I have to say the Abbots Ale is tasty also!

Lager sucks - Ale is the best

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Well for starters it goes against the UK constitution and sovereignty - shall we just throw out all laws based on mob rule?

The refferendum did not give the public the right to say we need to leave the EU, all it did was make a commons motion, this is how refferendums work.

Ok so it made a commons motion... So what would you prefer? That our elected leaders just ignored the majority and decided to stay in Europe!

I imagine if the boot was on the other foot you would have kicked up a storm.

The referendum was a clear indication of what the majority want, you can't argue with that or deny it? To do so is to deny democracy surely?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Is immigration such an issue that you want to exit?

What are the immigration problems?

Immigration was one of the issues for me yes... though not the main issue.

The main issue for me is the ridiculous procedures and restrictions in the work place and such!

But most of all it's the fact that we are being run by a bunch of unelected beauracrats.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

can you tell my how immigration has affected you to where it was a part of why you wanted to exit?

What were the workplace procedures and restrictions?

just curious, thanks

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Well for starters it goes against the UK constitution and sovereignty - shall we just throw out all laws based on mob rule?

Ok so it made a commons motion... So what would you prefer? That our elected leaders just ignored the majority and decided to stay in Europe!

I imagine if the boot was on the other foot you would have kicked up a storm.

The referendum was a clear indication of what the majority want, you can't argue with that or deny it? To do so is to deny democracy surely?

No I'd want an actual informed, well researched parliamentary debate on how best to leave the EU for the UKs benefit - instead of an unelected PM with absolutely no plan for Brexit repeatedl trying to break national and high court law and thinks a good political argument is repeating completely meaningless phrases like 'brexit means brexit'.

Check parliamentary sovereignty law, arguing/debating referendums is a legal neccesity as a cross in a box holds no weight compared to a full on vote and debate from representatives. We live in a liberal advanced democracy, the vote was very close but brexit won, to deny nealry half the population any say in negotiations and to deny the legal right of MPs to represent the people violates the constitution on many fundamental levels.

There are many, many things wrong with the EU but the Tory obsession of focussing on scrapping workers and human rights while making tax dodging easier does not help anyone apart from Tories - this is why a ballanced informed, adult debate is required to get the best deal.

I'm as disgusted as you are by the morons calling for article 50 to be stopped as the referendum happened - what I'm opposed to is the cluster# dictatoral approach we have at the moment where there is no brexit plan and the government are lying to the public to try and make it seem as if they have one. That'sjust as bad if not worse than the people calling for a re run of the refferendum.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I also dropped into my local Spoons recently and although it's not a place I frequent very often I have to say the Abbots Ale is tasty also!

Lager sucks - Ale is the best

Wow I was just thinking of Abbots Ale
Now way it's a conspiracy
Aldi £4.49 a four pack, four pints for less than a fiver. The effects are so weird, my mate is terrified of the stuff, had an experience on it three of them he was tripping off it, says when you are brough up in the Roman Catholic church you should never touch the stuff, something to do with the type of hops it's brewed with combined with being an alter boy in youth and the picture on the can. Must agree with him the effects are pretty different to most ale out there, hope this is something Brexit.
edit on 24-12-2016 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I get what you are saying to an extent but I don't believe the Tories have no plan at all.

I see it that Theresa May won't reveal her hand as it may have a negative affect on the negotiations.

Not the greatest comparison I know - but if you was to go into battle with an enemy but told them beforehand exactly what your strategy is... surely that would be stupidity.

Also don't get me wrong... I for one do not believe the tories are the right people for Brexit as I am sure one way or another we will suffer

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

what are the tories?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join