It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Hijackers just took control of internal Libya flight thats now on the tarmac in Malta

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: 772STi
I noticed that. They will have to pull the stairs and shut the door first I would think though

Just a thought as to the looping, look how wobbly the camera is?

Maybe the guy holding it(not on tripod) needs to keep resting his arms?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi
That is great news! The more lives saved the better!!!

a reply to: nonspecific
I hadn't thought of that...
edit on 12/23/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Military appears to be approaching the plane.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
looks all over...no deaths...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It looks like they are leading a cuffed man away! Yeah!!!! An amazing outcome!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just saw hijackers arrested. Great news no deaths. This does not appear to be an Isis operation. Glad this is over with, but I really want to know how they got into that cockpit.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

So far I have seen about 8 women coming off the plane. The man standing in the doorway seems to have on a uniform, such as the pilot but I may be wrong.

Prime Minister Joseph Muscat confirmed the jet had seven crew members and 111 passengers, including a baby, on board.

If they are releasing hostages then it is looking more likely that this is a politically motivated act and not an act of terrorism, sadly this will come as a great dissapointment to some people.

This is an act of terrorism no matter who it is or what their motivations, Terrorism plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

So far I have seen about 8 women coming off the plane. The man standing in the doorway seems to have on a uniform, such as the pilot but I may be wrong.

Prime Minister Joseph Muscat confirmed the jet had seven crew members and 111 passengers, including a baby, on board.

If they are releasing hostages then it is looking more likely that this is a politically motivated act and not an act of terrorism, sadly this will come as a great dissapointment to some people.

This is an act of terrorism no matter who it is or what their motivations, Terrorism plain and simple.

Yes you are correct in the actual definition of the word but not in the more modern sense that people assume, that religious maniacs will kill innocent people for believing in the wrong imaginary friend.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

I agree 100% this was an act of terrorism. I just hope it wasn't a test run. It could be possible they were sent by Isis or another group on the sole purpose of figuring out a way to access the cockpit. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid and it's all over.

Once again, thank you. Everyone here needs to pat themselves on the back, I just saw more real reporting for you guys/gals then I've seen in the media in years.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 772STi

I agree 100% this was an act of terrorism. I just hope it wasn't a test run. It could be possible they were sent by Isis or another group on the sole purpose of figuring out a way to access the cockpit. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid and it's all over.

Once again, thank you. Everyone here needs to pat themselves on the back, I just saw more real reporting for you guys/gals then I've seen in the media in years.

I do not think you are being paranoid but I do think that we are so overloaded with "THE THREAT OF ISIS TERROR FEAR PANIC" that are now trained to see things we are wanted to see and not what is actually happening.

I imagine they will get some fearmongering out of this even if it was a crazy guy with a cheap grenade demanding his brother be released from jail or similar.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I agree, I try to stay open minded and I hope this was just an isolated incident. And yes there is so much fear mongering going on right now its hard to ignore it, but I try my best.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The pilot is only doing what the hijackers want. He wanted to talk, but many times the hijacker only wants them to talk when he wants, and wants the aircraft secure the rest of the time. The window would allow access for tear gas grenades or something.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
A peaceful conclusion for a change! Unlike the unrelated incident in Germany.

Merry Xmas and don't get too pissed!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 772STi

I do not think you are being paranoid but I do think that we are so overloaded with "THE THREAT OF ISIS TERROR FEAR PANIC" that are now trained to see things we are wanted to see and not what is actually happening.

I imagine they will get some fearmongering out of this even if it was a crazy guy with a cheap grenade demanding his brother be released from jail or similar.

I agree with you on this about the conditioning of the population to see isis everywhere but I am old enough to remember all the hijackings of the 70s before isis and the likes were even a twinkle in their fathers eyes

edit on 23-12-2016 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

they have asked for asylum in the EU .

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

What does waving a green flag mean?

heineken back..bit drunk

the green flag is the Libyan flag during Gaddafi reign

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Hijacking Of Libyan Airplane Ends Peacefully After Suspects Surrender

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
It just gets worse, was enough already for the festive period with the Berlin killings, now he's dead we get this!

What needs to be done to free ourselves of this terror and threat to our children and streets?

news.sky.com...

Is it not a little soon to assume that this is definatley Islamic extremeist hell bent on spoiling Christmas?

Although likley would it not be prudent to wait for more information?

Bro be real who else would it be.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

An Egyptian flight was hijacked recently by a guy acting alone, because he was stupid. He wasn't an extremist, he was just being an idiot.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
OP link

Two men who hijacked an aircraft and threatened to blow it up had a grenade and guns that were both fake.

The pair surrendered peacefully after several hours of negotiations at Malta International Airport, where the internal Libyan flight had been diverted.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join